Content engagement tool and platform AddThis is, well, adding additional features today that will assist webmasters in uncovering better engagement metrics. AddThis rose to popularity as an easy-to-use widget that allowed websites to highlight sharing buttons prominently. The new tools will beef up current widgets, make content recommendations for site owners and will feature a slick analytics dashboard.
Richard Harris, CEO of AddThis described the Pro version by stating “We’re building on the success of our existing free tools and giving marketers and publishers even more sophisticated ways to attract visitors and increase engagement.” The exact changes for the Pro version are as follows:
- Content Recommendations Since AddThis collects behavioral data from their large user base Pro users will now receive on-site recommendations for content that can be viewed.
- Better Widgets The engagement widgets for Pro users will now show recommended content above the fold within either a content sidebar or shown via a content drawer.
- Coding Not Required Users can turn on or off their sharing, following, what’s next and recommended content widgets with the flip of a switch in their AddThis dashboard — no code changing required.
- Content Promotion Have a particular story that you’d like to push? AddThis Pro allows users to promote (or suppress) specific content directly from the dashboard.
- Analytics Dashboard. The AddThis Pro analytics dashboard lets users easily see the content on their site that is driving the most engagement, traffic, shares and much more. The data can be filtered by time and should be very helpful for marketers looking to identify the most popular articles.
As of today, AddThis Pro is available to the general public at a $12 per month pricepoint (free 14-day trial.) AddThis basic will still be supported. For more information see the official blog post from AddThis.
Related Topics: Channel: Social Media Marketing