Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Catching up on the Google Performance Summit
At Google's annual event for AdWords and Google Analytics customers, it shared new ad formats, mobile-first bidding options and more.
Yesterday at the Google Performance Summit, Google announced a vast number of changes to AdWords and Google Analytics, including new “mobile-first” bidding support, “Promoted Pins” to put advertisers on Google Maps, longer text ads and more.
Google Performance Summit is Google’s annual event for key AdWords and Google Analytics customers, where new features, product plans, research and more are shared. Don’t fret if you missed it. Read on for an update on everything you need to know and more.
Yesterday’s opening keynote (embedded below) covered all the major announcements, which are explained more fully in our formal stories:
- Google announces significant changes to AdWords bidding and text ads
- Google AdWords to break up tablet & desktop and enable a mobile base bid
- Official: Google to roll out Expanded Text Ads for all devices
- Saying a third of mobile searches are local, Google brings “Promoted Pins” to Maps
- Google has measured 1 billion+ store visits from AdWords ads globally
- Google to expand “Store Visits” online-to-offline foot traffic measurement
- WATCH: Google lets you speak in natural language & get analytics reports
- Google is completely redesigning AdWords: Offers first peek
- Google confirms live demo of new AdWords redesign will happen on May 24
- Google now handles at least 2 trillion searches per year
You can find the keynote here (jump to 28 minutes in):
Our live blog of the keynote is below:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.