Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Digging Into Data: Our Top Analytics & Marketing Columns For 2015
Want to learn more about how analytics can strengthen your marketing strategy? Take a look at the analytics and marketing columns our readers were most interested in this year.
With new technologies and a mountain of data at our fingertips, sorting and analyzing data have become more essential than ever before. That’s why savvy marketers are taking advantage of analytics to understand consumers and make better decisions on their marketing strategies.
But navigating the complex landscape of analytics can be tricky; an IDG Connect study earlier this year found that nearly half the organizations surveyed had a difficult time drawing insights from data.
That’s why we’re fortunate to have a talented group of contributors here on Marketing Land to guide us on the tools and tactics used to measure marketing performance. One of the top columns this year broke down the data surrounding the iPhone to give marketers an idea of how they should tailor their mobile efforts. Other columns looked at retrieving data lost due to ad blockers (and other content blocking apps) on iOS 9.
Below, check out these and more of our most popular analytics and marketing columns of 2015:
- The State Of iPhone In 2015: The Stats Marketers Need To Know by Andrew Waber, published on 2/4/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 72, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 63
- How To Simplify Manual Campaign Tracking In Google Analytics by Jane Morgan, published on 4/9/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 220, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 240
- 7 Limitations Of Big Data In Marketing Analytics by Kohki Yamaguchi, published on 2/12/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 194, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 505
- 5 Psychological Hacks That Will Make Your Pricing Page Irresistible by Neil Patel, published on 5/18/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 497, Google+ 111, LinkedIn 519
- Ad Blockers & Analytics: What Webmasters Should Know And Do by Max Prin, published on 10/16/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 234, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 387
- 7 Ways To Use Emotion To Drive Conversions by Tim Ash, published on 2/20/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 302, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 466
- 5 Tips For A Successful Conversion Rate Optimization Program by Tim Ash, published on 1/23/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 72, Google+ 49, LinkedIn 113
- Is Google’s Mobilegeddon Scaring Website Owners Into Bad Design Decisions? by Brian Massey, published on 6/25/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 190, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 114
- 5 Reasons Marketers Fail With Data by David Booth, published on 6/22/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 324, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 616
- iOS 9 Content Blocking Reports For Google Analytics by Ben Goodsell, published on 10/13/15.
Social Activity: Facebook 242, Google+ 59, LinkedIn 273
Methodology: Columns published in 2015 are ranked in order of page views measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2015. Social data provided by SharedCount.