What Does The Fox Say? With 276 Million Views, “The Fox” Wins Top Trending Video On YouTube For 2013
YouTube announced its top ten trending videos for the year, with the official music video for “The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)” by Ylvis leading the list. The video has earned more than 276 million views since it was posted September 13.
Two ads also made YouTube’s top ten trending videos list, with Evian’s “Baby&Me” ranking No. 5 and Volvo’s “The Epic Split” ranking No. 6. Both the Evian and Volvo videos also made Unruly’s top ten list of most shared videos for 2013, a compilation that ranks videos based on the number of shares earned versus number of views.
YouTube’s Top Ten Trending Videos for 2013:
1. The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) – 276,458,178 views
2. Harlem Shake (Original Army edition) – 95,305,248 views
3. How Animals Eat Their Food – 88,865,920 views
4. Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball (Chatroulett Version) – 78,423,392 views
5. Evian’s Baby&Me – 67,200,832 views
6. Volvo’s The Epic Split featuring Van Damme – 59,232,016 views
7. Yolo (featuring Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar – 53,480,458 views
8. Telekinetic Coffe Shop Surprise – 50,513,717
9. The NFL: Bad Lip Reading – 44,196,361
10. Mozart vs. Skrillex Epic Rap Battles of History Season 2 – 42,095,037 views
According to the announcement, YouTube says 80 percent of all its views come from outside the US, claiming, “The global community is driving pop culture unlike ever before.”
YouTube also released a list of the Top Music Videos for 2013, with PSY’s “Gentleman M/V” winning the No. 1 spot, followed by two Miley Cyrus songs: “Wrecking Ball” and “We Can’t Stop.” Based on YouTube’s top ten music videos, female artist had a good year, with six of the top ten spots taken by women.
YouTube’s Top Music Video for 2013: PSY’s “GENTLEMAN M/V” (599,112,374 views)
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.