LinkedIn Posts $534 Million In Revenue For Q2 2014, Up Nearly 50% Over Last Year
LinkedIn posted its 2014 Q2 revenue yesterday, earning $534 million for the quarter, a 47 percent increase over last year’s second quarter earnings.
The professional networking site says it now has more than 300 million members. At $318 million, 60 percent of LinkedIn’s total revenue came from the US, while the remaining $216 million – 40 percent of its overall revenue – was earned via its international markets.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the company’s quarterly revenue from its various products:
- Talent Solutions products represented 60 percent of total revenue at $322 million, nearly a 50 percent increase over Q2 2013.
- Marketing Solutions increased 44 percent over Q2 of last year, totaling $106 million.
- Premium Subscriptions generated $105 million, accounting for 20 percent of the company’s total revenue.
Noting the launch of “Limited Listings” as part of its job opportunity offerings, LinkedIn said it now has one-million jobs listed on the site. According to the report, traffic to publisher and Influence posts have climbed more than 100 percent since LinkedIn launched its professional publishing platform in February.
“We made significant progress against several key strategic priorities,” said LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner, “Including increasing the scale of job opportunities on LinkedIn; expanding our professional publishing platform; and, continuing the strategic shift towards content marketing through Sponsored Updates.”
LinkedIn says it expects its year-end annual revenue for 2014 to reach between $2.14 billion and $2.15 billion.
LinkedIn’s Q2 2014 Revenue Earnings Report:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.