VIDEO + SLIDESHOW: Email Marketing & The Audience Imperative
While we were posting, liking, tweeting and Instagramming, something funny happened. Marketers around the world reawakened to the revenue-driving power of our oldest digital marketing channel: email.
What does the future hold for email marketing?
That was the subject of a keynote presentation by Jeff Rohrs, author of Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans and Followers, at the Marketing Land Digital Marketing Summit at SMX West 2014. If you were unable to join us, here’s his talk.
Email Marketing & The Audience Imperative
Speaker: Jeffrey K. Rohrs – VP, Marketing Insights, ExactTarget
Follow along with the presentation slides below:
- No audience is permanent.
- You must always be building a custom audience.
- Big data is about big relevance.
- Headlines can mislead you.
- It’s not the size of the audience that matters, it’s engagement and value, too.
- All marketing is now direct.
- Attention is at a premium.
- SPAM is an internet problem.
- Evolution is the key to survival.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Step up your email marketing game with our weekly newsletter.