Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.
Facebook Announces Wider Release Of ‘Business Manager’ For Pages, Ads & Apps
Facebook today announced that it is giving wider access to its “Business Manager” dashboard, a tool that enables large advertisers and agencies to manage Facebook Page, advertising and application accounts from a single interface.
As we wrote last month, Business Manager gives account administrators centralized control over advertising campaigns and page permissions for their team and partners.
It’s still not clear how big an advertiser you need to be to be granted access by Facebook. The company’s release today stated that the tool is available to a limited amount of U.S. advertisers and that it would be made available internationally within a few weeks.
We’ve asked Facebook for more information about how to get the tool and will update if we get a response.
Postscript [April 28, 2:58 p.m.]: Facebook responded but didn’t add much to what we know. A spokesperson said those interested in getting the tool should contact their Facebook sales representative. If you don’t have a sales rep, submit your email at the bottom this page — https://business.facebook.com/ — to be notified when it’s available to you.
Meanwhile, here’s a detailed breakdown of Business Manager permission features from Facebook’s FAQ:
- Business Admin: Can manage all aspects of the business settings, including modifying or deleting the account and adding or removing people.
- Business Employee: Can see all of the information in the business settings but can’t make any changes.
- Ad Account Admin: Can manage all aspects of campaigns, reporting, billing and account permissions, and can set ad account spending limits. Ad account admins can also associate business payment methods.
- Ad Account Advertiser: Can see and edit ads and set up ads using the payment method associated with the ad account.
- Ad Account Analyst: Can see ad performance.
- Page Admin: Can manage Page roles, send messages and post as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Page Editor: Can edit the Page, send messages and post as the Page, create ads, and view insights.
- Page Moderator: Can respond to and delete comments on the Page, send messages as the Page, create ads, and view insights. Page moderators can’t post as the Page.
- Page Advertiser: Can create ads for the Page and view insights. Page advertiser’s can’t post as the Page.
- Page Analyst: Can view insights. Page analysts can’t post as the Page.