Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.
Facebook Update Status Box Now Prompting Users With Halloween-Related Questions
“Describe your Halloween costume.” That’s just one of several Halloween-related questions that are now appearing in the Facebook Update Status box, apparently as a way by Facebook to get its users talking about the holiday.
Here are just a few of what we’ve been seeing:
For those without images, these are:
- What’s your favorite Halloween memory
- What are the best Halloween costumes this year
- What are you doing for Halloween
- Describe your Halloween costume
If you don’t see the questions, try logging out and logging back in. Also be sure to refresh the page a few times, to rotate through some of the questions.
Is it working to get people talking? Sure. You can see examples of this in a search on Facebook for public posts about “favorite halloween candy,” to get just a few examples:
- Non-Social Facebook Ads Begin Creeping Into The News Feed
- Facebook’s “Suggested Post” Ad Helps Push Page Content, No Connection Required
- The Formula Behind The Facebook “Like” Number
- For Halloween, Google Makes Bats Appear For Horror Movie Searches
- Google’s Interactive “Happy Halloween” Logo For 2012