Facebook Update Status Box Now Prompting Users With Halloween-Related Questions
“Describe your Halloween costume.” That’s just one of several Halloween-related questions that are now appearing in the Facebook Update Status box, apparently as a way by Facebook to get its users talking about the holiday.
Here are just a few of what we’ve been seeing:
For those without images, these are:
- What’s your favorite Halloween memory
- What are the best Halloween costumes this year
- What are you doing for Halloween
- Describe your Halloween costume
If you don’t see the questions, try logging out and logging back in. Also be sure to refresh the page a few times, to rotate through some of the questions.
Is it working to get people talking? Sure. You can see examples of this in a search on Facebook for public posts about “favorite halloween candy,” to get just a few examples:
- Non-Social Facebook Ads Begin Creeping Into The News Feed
- Facebook’s “Suggested Post” Ad Helps Push Page Content, No Connection Required
- The Formula Behind The Facebook “Like” Number
- For Halloween, Google Makes Bats Appear For Horror Movie Searches
- Google’s Interactive “Happy Halloween” Logo For 2012
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.