Facebook’s Mobile & Web App Hub, App Center, Officially Launches
Facebook’s web & mobile app marketplace deemed “App Center” officially launches tonight. Announced last month, App Center will be available today and will launch with 600+ apps including Pinterest, Nike+, Draw Something and many more. The App Center will also be personalized to each user, with recommendations coming from app usage, friend data as well as ratings and reviews.
This comes on the heels of the iOS6 rumors pairing Apple and Facebook for a deeper integration. Also released were some Facebook app statistics:
- More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month
- More than 130 games on Facebook have more than 1 million monthly active users
- More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 in September 2011
- Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May
- Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook.)
- As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.