Feedly, Google Reader Alternative, Gets Pro/Paid Version
The pro version comes at $5 per month or $45 per year. Some early adopters have the chance of paying a one time fee of $99 for a lifetime, which I gladly did this morning. The Pro version of Feedly gives you:
- Article Search: The ability to search within your RSS feeds for stories that match. A feature Google Reader offered and I used frequently.
- HTTPS: a layer of security to browser your feeds in a more secure manner.
- Evernote: One-click save feature to your Evernote notebooks.
- Premium Support: Any support questions get premium level status, meaning, your questions are answered first
Feedly promises to include more pro features going forward. They said the new pro features will be introduced “regularly.” Feedly Pro users get to vote on those features directly. These Pro features will also be migrated to the Feedly apps really soon.
If you upgrade and you are not happy, you can ask for a refund within 7 days of your upgrade.
Postscript: That was fast! Feedly shut down the option to upgrade to the Pro version, saying the “limited edition” they offered is “now sold out.” They said they are using the additional funds to upgrade their hardware to support more pro users “in a few weeks.”
- The Big Comparison Of Google Reader RSS Feed Alternatives
- 12 Google Reader Alternatives
- Google To Close Google Reader On July 1
- Need A Google Reader Alternative? Meet Newsblur
- Digg: We’re Building A Google Reader Replacement
- Don’t Kill Google Reader Petition On Pace For 75k Signatures In Under 24 Hours
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.