Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
GlassFeeds: First RSS News App For Google Glass
Google Glass just got a lot more useful for me, and probably for a lot of heavy information consumers.
- Activating the app is a point-and-click process, no heavy programming/coder skills needed (as some other third-party apps require).
- Any number of RSS feeds can be added manually via the web interface — see the screenshot below — after the app is activated. (There are also some suggested feeds available via drop-down menus.)
- Items that arrive in your Glass timeline can then be sent to Pocket (a great read-it-later service) or to an email address that you specify in advance.
- You can specify whether you want articles or just their headlines.
- You can tell the app to try not sending the same news if it’s reported by different sources.
I haven’t turned Glass on yet to start getting RSS items in my timeline, but here’s how the setup screen looks. You can see that I’ve added RSS feeds for Techmeme, Search Engine Land and Marketing Land.
GlassFeeds is the work of James Betker, a developer who previously made an app for watching YouTube videos on Glass.