Google+ Gains Auto Awesome Movie Maker; Hangouts Get SMS Support & More
Google has announced three new Google+ “Auto Awesome” photo features: Action, Eraser and an iMovie Trailers-like Auto-Awesome Movie tool. The Google+ Hangouts app for Android also gains location sharing, animated GIF support and SMS integration. Google+ Hangouts On Air gain landing pages and a new “Control Room” menu.
These, as well as new Google+ user figures and other changes, were announced during an event the company held with local tech press, as well as selected photographers and Google+ users. The event was also livestreamed for anyone to view.
Google+ Hits 300 Million Active Monthly “In-Stream” Users, 540 Million Across Google is our separate article that covers the new Google+ users figures that were announced.
Google has added these new features to the Google+ Hangout app for Android:
- Location sharing
- Animated GIF viewing
- SMS support
Google shares a few more details and screenshots about this in this blog post.
Google+ Hangouts On Air
Google has added these features to Google+ Hangouts On Air:
- Dedicated landing pages for events
- Hangouts managed via a “Control Room” panel
Again, Google has a few more details and screenshots in this blog post.
- Auto-enhance gains a “low” and “high” setting that can be applied to photos or entire albums selectively
- Action is a new auto-awesome feature that blends several pictures into one, to capture motion in a single frame
- Erasure is a new auto-awseome feature that removes moving objects that may have crossed into a photo
- Movie is a new auto-awesome feature that automatically combines pictures, videos and music to make a movie. The final product can be edited, and there’s also a full manual mode.
Google shared a video with more about these feature:
It also explains more about some of the features, as well as other photo features, in this post.
Below, our live blog of the event:
The video might also be available below, post-event. For now, it is. Fast-forward to 49 minutes in, to get past all the dead air:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.