Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.
Google’s $82 Million Private Airport Terminal Approved
APR reports Google has been approved in a 10 – 1 vote by the San Jose City Council to lease a private airport terminal for $82 million on the west side of Mineta San Jose International Airport. The agreement is with Signature Flight Services.
The only person who voted no was Pierluigi Oliverio who said this would disturb citizens with more flights and is not the best way to raise money for the airport.
This will not only make air travel much more convenient for Google, it will bring in $3 million a year in rent for the airport and more airport jobs.
Not everyone is happy about this, many of the citizens do not want more air traffic in their neighborhoods.
For more details on this, see Skift.com.
- Excess Or Economic Development: Google’s New $82 Million Private Airport Terminal
- Google Adds Fighter Jet To Air Fleet
- Make That Google Jets: Google Founders Add A Boeing 757 To Their Fleet
- Your Guide To The Google Jet
- Google Jet Lands At NASA’s Moffett Field
- Google Jet Spotted At Christchurch Airport, New Zealand