HootSuite Enterprise has launched a visual social media analytics feature, uberVU Boards, that aims to provide metric reporting tools simple enough for non-analysts to use.
A product of HootSuite’s January acquisition of London-based uberVU, Boards allow users to create customized dashboards, pinning metrics that need to be tracked daily — mention streams or spike signals, for instance. Boards update in real-time and can be quickly turned into reports.
“Unlike traditional data visualization technologies, Boards has been designed so that any user can easily identify a metric, pin it to a dashboard and generate a report with just one click,” HootSuite said in a release.
Other uses suggested by HootSuite:
- Gauge your brand’s health in real time by creating a Board with sentiment metrics, conversation maps and signals widgets. Monitor closely so you can quickly amplify a positive brand story or get ahead of a potential crisis.
- Launching a new campaign? Track ongoing success with a customized Board showing the overall number of mentions, spike signals, conversation maps, sentiment and more.
- Create a quick-hit goal Board containing the specific metrics that will show if objectives are being met.
- Stay up to date with a Board detailing everything you need to know about your competition and your industry.
- Set up a comparison Board matching up your metrics side-by-side with your largest competitor and check in often to see where you stand.
Here’s a testimonial from a HootSuite client:
HootSuite, which is providing Boards at no extra charge for existing customers, has more information about the product on its blog.