Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Hyundai tops a Super Bowl-heavy list of YouTube’s most popular ads from February
Of the 10 most-watched YouTube ads last month, nine were Super Bowl spots.
Nine of February’s top 10 YouTube ads were Super Bowl spots, with Hyundai ranking No. 1.
The automotive brand’s “A Better Super Bowl,” a live video featuring US military personnel that aired in the first commercial break immediately following the game, generated 26 million views for the month.
The only non-Super-Bowl ad in the top 10 list was The New York Times “The Truth Is Hard” commercial that edged in at No. 10.
Of the nine Super Bowl spots that made last month’s ad leaderboard, seven of them ranked in YouTube’s top 10 Super Bowl ads released the day after the game: Hyundai, Budweiser, Kia, Mr. Clean, T-Mobile, Audi and 84 Lumber.
Honda and Nintendo’s Super Bowl spots didn’t win enough views to make the first list, but both earned enough popularity throughout the duration of February to rank No. 8 and No. 9 by the end of the month.
Netflix, Tide and Bud Light (which ranked No. 2 the day after the Super Bowl) made YouTube’s top 10 Super Bowl ads list but lost their momentum during the month and failed to make the February ad leaderboard.
YouTube’s Top 10 February Ads
1. Hyundai: “A Better Super Bowl” (26M views)
2. Budweiser: “Born the Hard Way” (25.7M views)
3. Kia “Hero’s Journey” (25.1M views)
4. Mr. Clean “Cleaner of Your Dreams” (13.9M views)
5. T-Mobile: “#UnlimtedMoves with Justin Bieber” (11.4M views)
6. Audi: “Daughter” (11.3M views)
7. 84 Lumber: “The Entire Journey” (10.9M views)
8. Honda: “Yearbooks”(10.8M views)
9. Nintendo: “Nintendo Switch” (10.2M views)
10. The New York Times: “The Truth Is Hard” (7.8M views)
In honor of International Women’s Day, YouTube also ranked the top 10 most-watched ads among women in 2016. The site says this is the first time it has put together a top ads list based on a key audience.