This weekend, Google updated the Google+ iOS app that allows for full resolution backups of all photos and videos as well as a “Latitude-esque” location sharing feature. While the update 4.6.0 is for iOS, the full res backups are for iOS7 only (which does require adequate cloud storage space).
The location sharing feature allows users to view where exactly their friends are currently located. A user profile and location will pop up on the map once this feature is enabled:
Users must allow for location sharing and can set at the user or circle level and is a feature that is not a default setting, rather needs to be turned on. Location sharing can also be easily managed within the Settings tab of Google+.
Here’s the full list of features in this most recent Google+ iOS update:
- Full resolution backup of your photos and videos (iOS7 only)
- Updated design for the notification tray
- Share your location, see where your friends are, control who is displayed on the map
- Translate posts and comments inline
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements