The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Allstate’s New Campaign, Alternatives To Track Twitter Shares & Apple iAd Updates
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Forrester Report: Companies Using Predictive Analytics Make More Money
Jan 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Although the report is sponsored by predictive analytics firm Everstring, the research firm says it is based on an independently obtained survey.
- Self Assessment and Guide: Marketing Foundations
Jan 14, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Arke University, or ArkeU, is a complete training program that covers the major technologies for both marketing and technologists alike with the option to complete the courses online or in-person through live, instructor-led training. ArkeU was created for both individual marketers and technologists or full teams.
- How To Localize Google Search Results
Jan 14, 2016 by Clay Cazier
Google has removed the search tool that allows users to change their geo-location. Columnist Clay Cazier documents four ways to get around this restriction and emulate a search from any city.
- Discovering Opportunities To Drive Your Mobile Web & App Optimization Strategy
Jan 14, 2016 by Aleyda Solis
When it comes to optimizing your mobile presence, where do you begin? Columnist Aleyda Solis shares the questions you should ask yourself to get started.
- How To Uncover SEO Content Marketing Ideas With Google Search Analytics
Jan 14, 2016 by Derek Edmond
Columnist Derek Edmond explains how to use data from Google Search Console to inform ongoing content marketing initiatives for greater search engine visibility.
- Samsung Techwin’s New Marketing Lead Is Focused On Growing Brand’s Customer Base
Jan 14, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Samsung Techwin America’s Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Trump, Women And ISIS: What Marketers Can Learn From The Social Language Of The 2016 Election
Jan 14, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns dives into the data on the language the presidential candidates are using in the 2016 campaigns and comes away with some insights for marketers.
- Think Social’s NSFW? Not Any More: How Employee Engagement Really Works
Jan 14, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Are you tapping into your best brand ambassadors — your employees? Columnist Maggie Malek explains why making employee engagement a priority will bolster your brand’s visibility.
- 2015’s Missed Marketing Predictions And Opportunities
Jan 14, 2016 by Benjamin Spiegel
Now that we’re into 2016, columnist Benjamin Spiegel takes a look back at some advertising forecasts from last year that didn’t come to fruition.
- The Google Dance Returns To Silicon Valley @SMX West
Jan 14, 2016 by Elisabeth Osmeloski
The Google Dance is back. Don’t know what the Google Dance is? It’s the nickname given to when Google’s search results dance around after an algorithm update. But it’s also the name of an annual gathering for search marketers that Google hosted at its Googleplex headquarters from 2002 through 2008. Now the Google Dance is back.
- Allstate’s Newest @Mayhem Effort Depicts The Dark Side Of DIY, With Stories Unearthed Online
Jan 13, 2016 by Pamela Parker
The insurance company highlights real-life stories of Mayhem, asking people to vote for their favorite via social media.
- Now That Twitter Has Killed Counts, Other Ways To Find Your Shares
Jan 13, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter share counts are officially dead, but there are several alternatives that offer similar functionality.
- MediaMath Gets Into The Data Business With Launch Of Helix
Jan 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
The shared first-party data of MediaMath’s Adroit subsidiary is being spun into the new Helix business unit, and Adroit is being merged into MediaMath.
- Apple iAd Update Will Reportedly Let Publishers Sell Directly To Advertisers
Jan 13, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Apple will get out of the direct ad sales business, and the iAd sales team will disband.
- How To Test Multiple Programmatic Partners
Jan 13, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketers are always looking to assess the performance of various programmatic vendors against both direct response and brand objectives. Quantcast created this guide to share best practices on how to set up comparative tests to understand vendor performance and avoid the pitfalls of attribution gaming, which can compromise campaign results.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Ads Updates Keyword Planner With Impression Share Comparisons And More
- How Google’s Search Chief Has Been Living The “Mobile First” Life For Over A Year
- Bing Updates Its Logo With Uppercase “B” & New Teal Blue Color
- PPC Ad Copy Conversion Funnel Study
- Use External Data In Your AdWords Campaigns With Scripts To Call APIs
- Why Grave Misconceptions About SEO Still Persist
- Google Street View Goes “Miniatur” To Capture Hamburg Model Train Exhibit
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing Success with Rachel Luna, www.amyporterfield.com
- Are You Measuring Brand Awareness Right?, simplymeasured.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Who’s in Your “Blog Squad”? Build a Team to Take Your Blog to the Next Level, www.blogherald.com
- Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset for Researchers, yahoolabs.tumblr.com
- Yahoo settles e-mail privacy class-action: $4M for lawyers, $0 for users, Ars Technica
- 5 Practical Trends in Brand Content Marketing for 2016, www.ryanhanley.com
- 6 Content Ideas Every Marketer Should Steal From IBM, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Select Sharable Curated Content, www.adweek.com
- How You Can Create the Best Content, www.cmswire.com
- The Four Critical Steps You Need to Master Content Science, www.marketingprofs.com
- Using Long-Form Content on Social Media as a Content Marketing Tactic, www.toprankblog.com
- When Are You Ready For A/B Testing? Use The Force of Statistics, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 20 New Free Commercial Fonts, to Enhance a Website, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 9 UX Secrets I Stole From People Smarter Than Me, www.fastcodesign.com
- Creating website forms that give as well as they receive, www.internetretailer.com
- Sales Writing Resources for Creating Killer Copy, seocopywriting.com
- Three Marketing and Customer-Experience Trends You’re Bound to See in 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
- What’s the Difference Between Content Marketing and Copywriting?, www.copyblogger.com
- 1,500 Of Apple Inc’s New gTLD Domain Registrations, dotweekly.com
- Tips to Improve Your Website’s Domain Authority, www.copypress.com
- 5 Major Global Ecommerce Trends That You Can’t Afford to Ignore, www.getelastic.com
- A look into the effects of the ‘Amazon tax’, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon’s new UC Berkeley pickup point also lets students test the latest Amazon gadgets, venturebeat.com
- Consumers will share personal data for the right rewards, www.internetretailer.com
- Ecommerce email marketing benchmarks for 2016, econsultancy.com
- Existing Customers are More Valuable than New Ones, www.optimove.com
- Email personalization boosts ROI and redefines campaigns, venturebeat.com
- Stuck in an Email Marketing Rut? Use These 5 Ideas to Revive Your Strategy, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Why Email Automation Is a Marketers Must-Have Tool, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 2016 Marketing Un-Predictions: Your Action List for the Year Ahead, www.silverpop.com
- 30 Things to Get Right When Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 ways your brand can be authentic, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Winning Strategies for Millennial Marketing, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Four incredibly useful sources of global marketing statistics, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- App Annie Raises $63 Million in Series E Funding, TechCrunch
- OneSpot Appoints Marketing Technology Sales Veteran Jon Driscoll as Chief Revenue Officer, www.businesswire.com
- Revcontent Announces Acquisition of ContentClick, finance.yahoo.com
- Sizmek Earns Desktop, Mobile Web And In-App MRC Accreditation, www.mediapost.com
- SurveyMonkey Names Zander Lurie CEO, www.wsj.com
- First-time mobile app transactions jump across verticals, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Mobile Apps Stack Up Against Mobile Browsers, www.emarketer.com
- The Conversion Rate that Actually Matters in Mobile Apps, conversionxl.com
- This great GIF button is now on iOS, staff.tumblr.com
- Why Desktop UX Still Has Something To Teach Mobile, www.fastcodesign.com
- 21 Amazing Facebook Facts You Didn’t Know, www.wordstream.com
- 7 Consumer Brands That Generated Big Buzz on Facebook Last Month, www.adweek.com
- Dos and Don’ts for LinkedIn Headlines, www.compukol.com
- German Court Calls Facebook’s Find-a-Friend Function Illegal, Wall Street Journal
- How to Increase Social Reach with Micro Moments, simplymeasured.com
- How Urban Decay gets its 4.1 million Instagram followers to shop, digiday.com
- Never Designed an Instagram Ad? Here Are 7 Things That Will Make You Stand Out, www.jeffbullas.com
- Ten ways to win wireless customers on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- Twitter’s analytics tool Answers can now monitor Mac and Apple TV apps, venturebeat.com
- What Are Facebook Messenger Users Doing, Besides Sending Messages?, www.adweek.com
- 4 Video Marketing Trends to Expect in 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
- Mobile Video Ads Drive Brand Awareness, Engagement, www.emarketer.com
- PewDiePie Now Has His Own YouTube Network Within Maker Studios, techcrunch.com
- Which U.S. Presidential Video Campaigns Are Actually Engaging Viewers?, www.reelseo.com