Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Amazon Air Cargo Plans, Top November Video Creators & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon Is Reportedly Looking To Launch Its Own Air-Cargo Business
Dec 18, 2015 by Martin Beck
E-commerce giant is negotiating to lease 20 Boeing 767s to avoid shipping delays by third-party carriers, the Seattle Times reports.
- Scan Your Landing Pages With AdWords Scripts
Dec 18, 2015 by Daniel Gilbert
Don’t waste money on bad URLs! Use this free AdWords script from contributor Daniel Gilbert to check your landing pages.
- An In-Depth Look At Image Optimization: Fact And Future
Dec 18, 2015 by Clay Cazier
Columnist Clay Cazier separates known from unknown image optimization elements and looks to the future of the discipline.
- Grabbing Those Last-Minute Holiday Sales With Search
Dec 18, 2015 by Amy Bishop
It’s crunch time — for holiday shoppers and Q4 goals alike. There’s still time, though! Columnist Amy Bishop explains how you can guide those last-minute shoppers to help you hit your goals.
- Mobile Brings A-Game To Brick-And-Mortar Retail Holiday Push
Dec 18, 2015 by Allan Haims
Columnist Allan Haims explores some recent holiday retail trends and explains why brick-and-mortar retailers need to step up their mobile efforts.
- Marketing Land Quiz: Do You Know The Latest Facebook, Pinterest & WordPress Updates?
Dec 18, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Test your industry knowledge by answering these five questions pulled from this week’s headlines.
- Coming In 2016: Revenge Of The Demand Marketers
Dec 18, 2015 by Scott Vaughan
Armed with new tools and data, demand marketers are influencing a marketing shift, and columnist Scott Vaughan believes that in the coming year, businesses and CMOs must support their needs.
- Death Of The Salesman? And What Would That Mean For Marketers?
Dec 18, 2015 by Claudine Bianchi
As the role of the stereotypical salesperson fades, what will emerge? Columnist Claudine Bianchi sees a blurring of marketing and sales as engagement becomes a priority.
- MarTech Today: HTTPS Goes First, Buffer Adds Respond.ly & Google My Business API
Dec 18, 2015 by Barry Levine
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Google To Begin To Index HTTPS Pages First, Before HTTP Pages When Possible Dec 17, 2015 by Barry Schwartz If your pages work on HTTPS, Google will likely show the HTTPS […]
- Top 10 Video Creators in November: The Ellen Show Jumps From No. 5 To No. 1
Dec 18, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Tubular, November is the first month this year BuzzFeed did not own the top spot on its list of most-watched video creators.
- Marketer’s Guide: Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms
Dec 17, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
The paid media marketing landscape has become increasingly complex, as the speed of search engine algorithms and development changes accelerate and marketers demand more integrated channel capabilities. This free 48-page guide sponsored by Marin Software examines the current market for enterprise paid campaign management platforms and the considerations involved in implementation. It reviews the current […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Ads Launches Guided Tours In Web Interface
- The Search For An Optimal AdWords CPC
- Search In Pics: Sundar Pichai In India, Star Wars Google Cardboard & Google Shoe Repair Shop
- Facebook Launches Events Discovery To Help iOS Users Find Nearby Events
- Modern Marketing Essentials Guide To Mobile Marketing
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Guide to Measuring In-Store Purchases Tied to Online Advertising, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Connecting DoubleClick for Publishers to Google Analytics, Luna Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- Recap of WordPress in 2015, and what to look forward to in 2016, poststatus.com
- Facebook puts a price on suburban living for employees, Reuters
- Facebook, Researcher Spar Over Instagram Vulnerabilities, threatpost.com
- Twitter’s Head of Video Is Leaving the Company, recode.net
- The Lowdown on Creating Personalized Quizzes to Boost Your Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- Why Your Brand Should Create Less Content, Convince and Convert
- The 4 Fundamental Steps of Conversion Optimization, SEO Book
- The Narrative Fallacy in Optimization (and How To Avoid It), ConversionXL
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Tried and True: Our Website Migration Checklist, Luna Metrics
- The three merchant categories most vulnerable to web-related fraud, Internet Retailer
- How Relevant Content Can Grow Your List and Increase Subscriber Engagement, AWeber
- The Advanced Guide to Promotional Emails That Convert, ConversionXL
- Your Mobile Email Marketing Checklist, www.cmswire.com
General Internet Marketing
- Akamai: Global average Internet speed grew 14% to 5.1 Mbps, only 5.2% of users have broadband, VentureBeat
Internet Marketing Industry
- Criteo Founder JB Rudelle Becomes Executive Chairman, Eric Eichmann promoted to CEO, www.criteo.com
- GroupM Acquires The Exchange Lab To Combat Digital Buying Fragmentation, Ad Exchanger
- Longtime Walmart Marketer Tony Roghers Will Be Next CMO, Ad Age
- 2016 Trend: Social Media and Automation Will Combine in New Ways to Improve the Customer Journey, Silverpop
- Ad Tech For Sale: Predictions On The Winners And Losers In 2016, Ad Exchanger
- The biggest mobile marketing wins and losses of 2015, www.mobilemarketer.com
- 7 Simple A/B Tests for More Effective Facebook Ad Design, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook brings music previews to the desktop and adds support for three more services, www.theverge.com
- Facebook Tests “Click For More” To Boost Video Views On Desktop, TechCrunch
- New Data Proves Facebook Ads Lift Search ROI, www.wordstream.com
- Victoria’s Secret, Amazon dominate social media discussion regarding holiday sales: report, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Whippies 2015: The Best Brands, Sports Teams And Politicians, blog.newswhip.com
- Vine will now curate a channel of posts it thinks you’ll want to see, www.theverge.com