Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Amazon Holiday Stats, Walmart’s Mobile Payment Payoff & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Here’s The Big Payoff Walmart Gets From Its New Mobile Payment System
Dec 28, 2015 by Barry Levine
Without the costs of a loyalty program, Walmart lands the contact info and purchase history of its participating customers.
- Amazon: Almost 70 Percent Of Holiday Customers Shopped On Mobile
Dec 28, 2015 by Matt McGee
Company also touts growth of Prime membership, saying more than three million customers joined in a single week before Christmas.
- On-Page Elements Rule: Top Design, User Experience & Conversions Columns Of 2015
Dec 28, 2015 by Pamela Parker
The fundamentals of user experience, landing page optimization and buyer psychology will always be in style, though the details of how to achieve your goals may differ from year to year.
- Up Close With Programmatic: The Year’s 10 Most Popular Display Columns
Dec 28, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
What were the hot topics for display advertisers in 2015? From programmatic to better ad creative, here’s a look at the display columns that our readers were most interested in this year.
- The Pressure’s On: Data’s Impact On Brand Partnerships In 2016
Dec 28, 2015 by James Green
What will the evolution of data and marketing intelligence mean for brand partners in 2016? Columnist James Green offers some insights on what you can expect.
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Programmatic Ad Buying?
Dec 28, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Over half of display ads are now being bought programmatically in the US, but ad tech seems bent on making it hard to explain. Here’s a look at what programmatic is and why it’s growing in clear terms.
- The CMO Reading List: Top Marketers Share Their Favorite Business Books In 2015
Dec 28, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Recommended reads from CMOs ran the gamut this year, from long-time favorite “The Lean Startup” to the cautionary tale “Losing the Signal.”
- Expand Your Search Presence With External Sites
Dec 24, 2015 by Dan Bagby
Search engine optimization (SEO) is about more than your website. Columnist Dan Bagby explains how to optimize content on external web properties to help boost your organic search presence.
- Can You Guess What Was The Most Shared AdWords Content In 2015?
Dec 24, 2015 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys recaps the hottest AdWords articles of the year based on social share data from BuzzSumo. How many have you read?
- Getting Technical: The 10 Most Popular Marketing Technology Columns In 2015
Dec 24, 2015 by Pamela Parker
Digital marketers in 2015 grappled with making the right marketing technology decisions, and our top Marketing Technology columnists helped them all along the way.
- Digging Into Data: Our Top Analytics & Marketing Columns For 2015
Dec 24, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
Want to learn more about how analytics can strengthen your marketing strategy? Take a look at the analytics and marketing columns our readers were most interested in this year.
- A Holiday Gift: 5 Sources Of Great Marketing Motivation
Dec 24, 2015 by Scott Rayden
Columnist Scott Rayden highlights the the people, books and videos that have inspired him in his marketing career in the hopes that they can encourage and motivate you, as well.
- Gimbal And NanoLumens Bring “Minority Report” Potential To Digital Out-Of-Home
Dec 23, 2015 by Greg Sterling
A recently announced partnership between beacon-maker Gimbal and digital signage provider NanoLumens brings “Minority Report”-style personalized advertising closer to reality. In the 2002 film, the character portrayed by Tom Cruise walks through a shopping mall where all of the digital signage is personalized, mentioning him by name. Minority Report is a dystopian vision of the […]
- Marketing Tech Evolves Beyond Automation — And Toward Intuition
Dec 23, 2015 by Barry Levine
Increasingly smart platforms are providing tools that make marketing as much about anticipating demand as generating it.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Authoritative Links: Search Engine Land’s 10 Top Link Week Columns Of 2015
- 3 PPC Trends And Tactics You Can’t Ignore In 2016
- Planning For SEO Success In 2016
- Google NCR (No Country Redirection) Feature Stop Working But Google May Bring It Back
- Search In Pics: Google Robot Reindeer, Star Wars Gifts & Dublin Office Gift Box
- Where’s Santa Claus? Your 2015 Guide To NORAD Tracks Santa & Google’s Santa Tracker
- ‘Tis The Season! For Holiday Google Doodles Of Papercraft Models & Cutouts
- Relcy Founder Satapathy Says He Has Built A Better Mobile Search Engine
- Locally Sourced: Search Engine Land’s Top 10 Local Search Columns Of 2015
- Dear Santa: An SEO Wish List
- For Festivus, Google Once Again Provides A Festivus Pole
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 153 Ideas for Blog Posts, blog.getresponse.com
- Yahoo’s Mayer Can Still Be a CEO Hero, Wall Street Journal
- Teaching Google to Sell ‘Cloud’ to Companies, Wall Street Journal
- This is Google Glass: Enterprise Edition in the flesh [Gallery], 9to5google.com
- 12 Content Marketing Lessons Learned in 12 Years of Blogging, Online Marketing Blog
- 5 Content Marketing Tactics the Connected Generation Can’t Resist, www.ryanhanley.com
- 7 Stolen Content Marketing Ideas You Can Use Today, Content Marketing Institute
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Ways That UX Professionals Can Contribute to Great SEO, www.usertesting.com
- How To Simplify Designs For Smart Users, Usability Geek
- Google Buys More “Letter” .Com’s: Now owns 19 of Them; Maybe only 6 Left, The Domains
- The Opportunity Cost of Not Owning Your .COM, DomainInvesting.com
- 4 Email Marketing Best Practices to Stay Relevant in 2016, AWeber
- 5 Parts of a Highly Converting Email, vwo.com
- Set Email Marketing Expectations (and Follow Through), blogs.constantcontact.com
- 7 Ways to Use Cognitive Biases to Increase Email Signups, KISS Metrics
- Case Study: How Switching Tools Increased Email Reply Rates by 187% in 1 Month, Moz
- Top 2015 Email Marketing Stats: What We’ve Learned, Movable Ink
General Internet Marketing
- Yahoo tests a new homepage, allgoogletesting.blogspot.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- What We Learned in 2015: Your Favorite Experts Share, bruceclay.com
- Washington Post’s mobile ad-supported strategy triumphs over NY Times, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Why mobile loyalty will reach its zenith in 2016, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Now streaming on Periscope: Kmart’s plea for holiday attention, Digiday
- Snapchat Is Making Original Content for Discover Again, Ad Age