The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Apple Dominates Holiday Device Activations, Twitter Updates Abuse Rules & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter Updates Rules To Fight Abusive Behavior
Dec 29, 2015 by Matt McGee
Months after ex-CEO Costolo said company “sucks” at dealing with abuse, Twitter finally calls out specific types of user behavior that won’t be tolerated.
- 3 PPC Trends And Tactics You Can’t Ignore In 2016
Dec 29, 2015 by Pauline Jakober
Columnist Pauline Jakober discusses what she believes will be big in paid search in 2016, with a look back at some of this past year’s biggest developments.
- Planning For SEO Success In 2016
Dec 29, 2015 by Marcus Miller
What strategies are you employing to help guide your digital marketing efforts? Columnist Marcus Miller shares some of his favorite methodologies for strategic planning.
- Email Marketing In 2015: The Most Popular Columns Of The Year
Dec 29, 2015 by Pamela Parker
Gmail Sponsored Promotions, improving deliverability and boosting response rates were among the topics that captured readers’ attention in 2015.
- A Mobile-First Future: Our Top Mobile Marketing Columns Of 2015
Dec 29, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
From Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm to the hottest business apps, our contributors covered the topics that mattered the most to mobile marketers in 2015. Check out what caught our readers’ attention.
- 7 Email Marketing Predictions For 2016
Dec 29, 2015 by Chad White
What’s ahead for email marketers in 2016? From responsive design to an Apple voice-controlled headset, columnist Chad White shares his thoughts on what the future holds for email marketing.
- 5 CMOs Who Are Turning To LinkedIn For Increased Brand Engagement
Dec 29, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
CMOs from Xerox, Wiley, XOJET, G2 Crowd and Lithium share how their brands are taking advantage of LinkedIn’s marketing tools.
- Report: Apple Had 50% Of All Device Activations Over 2015 Holiday Season
Dec 29, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Flurry reports that Apple had about half of all device activations over the holidays, also breaking down device types and app installs.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- PPC Paydirt: Check Out Our Top Paid Search Columns Of 2015!
- 5 Essential Search Trends That Will Impact Online Revenue In 2016
- No-Hype SEO: A Realistic Formula To Making SEO Work For Your Business, Part 1
- Bing To Drop Auction Insights & Opportunities Tab From Bing Ads Intelligence
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Marketer’s Guide To Pinterest Analytics, PPC Hero
- 15 Google Analytics Alternatives, Small Business Trends
Blogs & Blogging
- Building Your Blog For 2016, Mack Collier
- 2015: The year Twitter hit the wall, The Guardian
- Twitter Hires New VP Of Diversity And Inclusion From Apple, TechCrunch
- How To Prove Content Marketing ROI For Your Business, www.jeffbullas.com
- The Power of Defaults in Conversion Optimization, ConversionXL
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Automattic’s WordAds Network is Now Open to Self-Hosted WordPress Sites, wptavern.com
- Is Mobile Programmatic at Risk of Fraud?, eMarketer
- 7 Domain Name Considerations, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Deluxe’s Aplus.net Jumps On Pre-Owned Domain Trend, Small Business Trends
- Meet Wish, the $3 Billion Shopping App That Sells $15 Smartwatches, recode.net
- Bad weather piles on e-commerce delivery delays, Internet Retailer
- Walgreens wins as the fastest e-commerce site during the holiday season, Internet Retailer
- The Best Resources for Account-Based Marketing, KISS Metrics
- Mobile Bootcamp Part IV: Effectively monetize your app, googledevelopers.blogspot.com
- Global mobile: why 2016 is the global tipping point for the mobile economy, www.tune.com
- Target spotlights aisle-specific mobile coupons via in-store signage, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Why messaging apps saw the biggest mobile wins in 2015, www.mobilemarketer.com
- 14 Amazing Social Media Customer Service Examples (And What You Can Learn From Them), blog.bufferapp.com
- How to Handle Customer Complaints Via Social Media, Social Media Examiner