Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: CMO’s 2017 MarTech wish list, YouTube Labs & Facebook video
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 17 link resolutions for 2017
Jan 4, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Link builders, what can you do better this year? Columnist Julie Joyce shares her 17 link-building resolutions for 2017.
- The 2017 MarTech Wish List: 5 CMOs name the marketing technology they want most
Jan 4, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Marketing leaders from Mizzen+Main, PepsiCo, Peloton and more share the martech they hope to see this year.
- The fake information epidemic and how it will hurt local search in 2017
Jan 4, 2017 by Wesley Young
Fake content and information will be a growing problem in 2017. Columnist Wesley Young takes a look at this trending issue and discusses ways that false information is being used and how local businesses and marketers can protect against it.
- Local SEO is about so much more than tools
Jan 4, 2017 by Greg Gifford
Tools can help us do our jobs more efficiently, but columnist Greg Gifford reminds us that they aren’t meant to do our jobs for us.
- MarTech Landscape: What is a beacon?
Jan 4, 2017 by Barry Levine
The location-based devices have made a beachfront in physical stores, but the pending question is whether consumers are ready for them.
- Cheap data: You are about to get so much better at marketing
Jan 4, 2017 by Brian Massey
As data becomes ever more abundant and cheaper, columnist Brian Massey takes a look at what marketers stand to gain from the trend and what we can expect to see in 2017.
- Get your digital transformation efforts in full gear by attending the MarTech Conference!
Jan 4, 2017 by Marketing Land
Here’s to a great 2017 full of learning, growing and driving digital transformation! Register for MarTech San Francisco today and get the best deals on All Access Passes. Looking forward to seeing you May 9-11 at the world’s premier marketing technology conference!
- Lenovo debuts Amazon Alexa-powered smart speaker at CES
Jan 4, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Like Microsoft is doing with Cortana, Amazon is making Alexa available to third-party developers and hardware makers to voice-enable their connected products. Amazon is also making Alexa’s several thousand “skills” (voice apps) equally available to developers.
- YouTube Labs pairs brands & agencies with creators to produce platform-relevant content
Jan 4, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says the program aims to help brands like L’Oreal create episode-driven videos designed to hook and retain viewers.
- The state of direct response video on Facebook
Jan 4, 2017 by Andrew Waber
As more marketers look toward video ads on Facebook, columnist Andrew Waber takes a look at video adoption across the direct response ecosystem.
- How to leverage influencers for SEO
Jan 4, 2017 by Benjamin Spiegel
Columnist Benjamin Spiegel says incorporating the right SEO tactics in your influencer campaign can be a big boon for your brand and ROI.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Predictive analytics: What are the challenges and opportunities?, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Blogging Mistakes That Will Destroy Your Credibility, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Killer SEO Posts that You Can Apply on Your Blog This 2017, www.blogherald.com
- Starting a Blog in 2017? Here’s the Strategies We’re Using., www.blogtyrant.com
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Content Marketers, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Interview to Find a Content Marketing Rock Star, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Is Long Form Content Best? The Surprising Reason This Is the Wrong Question, www.stonetemple.com
- 10 Reasons Your Website Can Have a High Bounce Rate, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 9 Technologies E-commerce Marketers Must Use in 2017 and Beyond, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Alexa: Amazon’s Operating System, stratechery.com
- Amazon has posted jobs for product managers of its new activewear clothing brand, qz.com
- Amazon Marketplace shipments eclipse record 2B in 2016, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon’s robot army grows by 50 percent, www.seattletimes.com
- An online retailer’s e-commerce predictions for 2017, www.internetretailer.com
- How online retailers can curtail fraud in 2017, www.internetretailer.com
- Four Advances in Email Technology to Benefit Marketers in 2017, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Brand Your Emails So that You Look Like a Pro in the Inbox, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Personalization and Optimization Will Be the Focus for Email Marketers in 2017, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Email Marketing Superhero: ALT Tag, blog.marketo.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Ways Brands Are Using Voice-Controlled Systems for Consumer Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- How to Fight for the Marketing Budget You Deserve in 2017, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Mixing Traditional and New Media for an Intelligent Marketing Approach, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- International Mobile Engagement Leader, MobileBridge, Signs European Consumer Brand Giants, PR Newswire
- Ad Tech Investment Dropped In 2016, adexchanger.com
- How Marketing Automation can Help Organizations to Reduce Expenses, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketing Automation Is Powerful, but It Can Limit Brands’ Visibility Internally, www.emarketer.com
- Why SMBs Are Embracing Marketing Automation, www.cmswire.com
- 3 Mobile Growth Strategies for 2017, www.goinflow.com
- Eighty-six percent of millennials use mobile while shopping in-store, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile marketing strategy: Are brands aligned with their customer experience?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Overcoming Mobile Measurement Challenges to Drive Sales Growth, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- Three Game-Changing Trends for Mobile Marketing in 2017, www.marketingprofs.com
- Do Holiday Specials via Social Media Work? New Research, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook adds automatic subtitling for Page videos, TechCrunch
- Facebook Slideshow: Best Practices, 3qdigital.com
- Why Marketers Like YouTube and E! Are Embracing Twitter Moments, www.adweek.com
- 360-Degree Videos Will Propel Traffic and Chatbots Will Drive Conversations on Social Media in 2017, www.martechadvisor.com
- Facebook Extends Auto-Captioning to Videos From Pages, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Live Sets Records on New Year’s Eve, www.adweek.com
- Inside YouTube’s big bet on Red, digiday.com
- The Future of Digital Media: More Video, Smaller Screens, www.adweek.com
- The state of video ad viewability in 5 charts, digiday.com
- The Top Trends and Insights for Video Marketing in 2017, tubularinsights.com