Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Data management, Skype mimics Snapchat & CMO interviews
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- B2B CMOs and CIOs: It’s time to rethink data management
Jun 1, 2017 by Sonjoy Ganguly
Effective data management is critical to B2B digital marketing success. Columnist Sonjoy Ganguly explains how implementing a rich, B2B-focused data structure and collaborating with the right strategic partners can make all the difference.
- Diving into the new SiriusDecisions Demand Unit Waterfall
Jun 1, 2017 by John Steinert
Columnist John Steinert discusses the new SiriusDecisions Demand Waterfall, which helps align sales and marketing on what B2B demand really is and how to find it through the concept of the “Demand Unit.”
- Microsoft clones Snapchat’s Stories for its reimagined Skype experience
Jun 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Microsoft also sees the app as a search and discovery tool.
- The Path to CMO with SAP Ariba’s Alicia Tillman [Podcast]
Jun 1, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, our “Path to CMO” series continues as we visit with SAP Ariba’s Alicia Tillman to learn about her marketing career and … selling tickets to a beach?
- Meet Aetna CMO David Edelman at MarTech in Boston
Jun 1, 2017 by Scott Brinker
I am thrilled that one of the pioneers of marketing-led digital transformation will be keynoting at MarTech! Former McKinsey consultant and current Aetna CMO David Edelman will talk about his experiences helping dozens of leading brands rethink marketing in a digital world. He’ll also discuss leading Aetna’s digital transformation and customer experience pivot.
- 5 key e-commerce & retail trends from Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report
Jun 1, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A look at how mobile and online commerce are changing the retail landscape.
- Salesforce unveils a new Partner Relationship Management application in its Sales Cloud
Jun 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
It provides the tools so non-tech users can quickly spin up a partner portal.
- TurnTo Networks enters review syndication with ‘first open network’
Jun 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
Its Open Review Syndication network is designed to lower the barriers for brands to distribute user reviews on their sites to retailer sites.
- Why email marketing has lasted five times longer than your first marriage
Jun 1, 2017 by Jason Warnock
After four decades (and counting), email marketing is still going strong. Columnist Jason Warnock discusses how brands and marketers can make the relationship last even longer.
- Takeaways for marketers from a conversation with Coke’s chief technologist
Jun 1, 2017 by Rob Rasko
Columnist Rob Rasko chats with Alan Boehme, CTO of Coca-Cola, about how the soft drink giant is evolving technologically by creating a bridge between their company and the entrepreneurial community.
- Instagram ads can now link to brands’ Messenger accounts, bots
Jun 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Brands’ links can be attached to photo, video and carousel ads on Instagram and use referral codes to open a specific messaging thread on Messenger.
- Report: Apple’s Siri-powered virtual assistant could be announced next week
Jun 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The smart speaker will need to be more than just a “me-too” device to succeed.
- How to build an in-house link building team
May 31, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Everyone knows that link building is the hardest part of SEO, from building a strategy to aligning the resources you’ll need to successfully execute that strategy.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Adobe Analytics, Seer Interactive
Blogs & Blogging
- The Changing Art of Blogging: Using a Chatbot Tool, The Blog Herald
- “gif: or “jif”? How using a gif will maximise engagement, Branded3
- 5 Tools for Content Ideation, 97th Floor
- How Content Reaches a Constantly Connected Mobile Audience, MarketingProfs
- How to Create a Winning Content Marketing Playbook, Convince and Convert
- The Crazy Egg Guide to Reddit Content Marketing, Crazy Egg
- How to Increase Conversion Rates in 4 Simple Steps, Constant Contact
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Designing Efficient Web Forms: On Structure, Inputs, Labels And Actions, Smashing Magazine
- New uses for domain names? Good luck with that., Domain Name Wire
- Amazon begins offering refunds for unauthorized in-app purchases, TechCrunch
- How to Use Instagram to Increase Your eCommerce Sales, WPExplorer
- Proof Email Marketing Converts Leads Into Customers, Duct Tape Marketing
- Why email design should be driven by data, Emma Email Marketing Blog
General Internet Marketing
- GDPR: An Opportunity To “Play To Win” In The Engagement Economy, Marketo
- How to Use Social Research to Succeed in Account-Based Marketing, The AdStage Blog
- What Marketers Need to Know About Smart Cities, eMarketer
Internet Marketing Industry
- Must Have Tools For Digital Marketing Agencies, Authority Labs
- The Most Common Chatbot Marketing Mistakes, MarTech Advisor
- The Consumer Behaviors Shaping the Next Generation of Mobile Experiences, Think with Google
- The state of mobile advertising, Digiday
- Visualize data instantly with machine learning in Google Sheets, The Official Google Blog
- ‘The doors have been unlocked’: Snapchat opens the floodgates to bad ads, Digiday
- 4 LinkedIn Tools that will change the way you think about LinkedIN, Razor Social
- 4 Ways to Use Social Media to Light a Fire Under Your List Building Strategy, Problogger
- 5 Ways to Boost Social Engagement Today, Ignite Visibility
- 93% of Celebrity Social Endorsements Violate FTC Rules, MediaKix
- Artist accuses Snapchat of ripping off her design for a filter, The Verge
- Confused By All Of Facebook’s Changes To News Feed And Trending? Here’s A Timeline, Fast Company
- Facebook Ads: Create a Value-Based Lookalike Audience, Jon Loomer Digital
- Facebook lets you add any post to albums, not just photos, TechCrunch
- How Marketers Can Tap Pinterest’s New Visual Discovery Tools, Adweek
- How to Add a Human Touch to B2B Marketing With Social Media, MarketingProfs
- How to Boost B2B Impact with Social Listening and Intent Data, Simply Measured
- How to Engage Prospects on LinkedIn: A 5-Step Plan for Better Leads, Social Media Examiner
- How to Optimize Your Live Social Media Strategy, CopyPressed
- Seven steps for managing social media for live events, Econsultancy
- Snap Needs to Reinvent the Advertising Wheel, CMS Wire
- Social media firms have increased removals of online hate speech: EU, Reuters
- The Top 10 Instagram Micro Influencers To Follow Right Now, MediaKix
- 3 Quick Tips to Becoming a Better Business Blogger, MarketingProfs
- Audiences Can’t Get Enough of Wonder Woman Video Content, Tubular Insights
- How to Get More Value Out of Your Video Marketing, Search Engine Journal
- Marketing with Video Content in the Digital Age, KoMarketing
- The Live Blog: May 30, 2017, Facebook Media
- Twitter’s Livestreaming Sports Lineup Now Includes the Arena Football League, Adweek
- Virtual Reality Marketing: Everything You Need To Know, Search Engine Journal
- YouTube Kids Launches #ReadAlong Campaign to Encourage Kids to Read, Adweek