Marketing Day: December 23, 2011
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Boston Celtics: The First Pro Team To Advertise Twitter On Their Home Court?
Did the Boston Celtics just become the first pro sports team to advertise Twitter on their home court/playing surface? That seems to be the case, thanks to the addition of the @celtics Twitter handle that showed up on the parquet floor during Wednesday night’s pre-season basketball game against the Toronto Raptors. Peter Stringer, the Celtics’ [...]
- Microsoft Passes Yahoo With Second-Most Popular Web Properties, Google Still #1
Google sites are the most visited among U.S. internet users, but Microsoft has passed Yahoo as the second-most popular web property according to the latest comScore Media Matrix report. It covers web activity during November 2011. As you’d expect, shopping sites were prominent in the top gainers for the month, with web traffic to toy [...]
- Infographic: Moms Like Android More Than The iPhone?
Moms are from Android, dads are from iPhone? We don’t know about the dads part, but a survey from family tracking service Life360 found moms like Android over iPhone 3-to-1. Just over half of moms use their smartphones when waking up; three-quarters use it as the last thing before bed. These stats and more are from [...]
- Affiliate Marketing Is Booming On Twitter
Affiliates are using Twitter to promote offers from merchants. Yes I am stating the obvious. What most of us don’t realize is how often this occurs, the tactics used by affiliates, and why it’s important to monitor the tweet content. Frequency Of Affiliate Tweets Affiliates tweet a lot. Affiliates tweet an average of 120,000 times [...]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google’s New Happy Holidays Logo: Dancing Christmas Lights & Jingle Bells
- Free Speech Battle In India: Google, Facebook Summoned By Court Over “Inflammatory Images”
- Search In Pics: Google Snow, Yahoo Decorations & Google Menorah
- It’s All About Data: Our Most Popular Analytics Posts In 2011
- What Is Your SEO Archiving Plan?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Applications & Portals
- Study: Apps Are For Android, Games For the iPhone, parislemon.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Content Angles to Unhitch You From a Blogging Rut, blog.hubspot.com
- How to know what your audience really wants, www.chrisg.com
- Facebook Ends Year At $75.2 Billion Implied Value, www.allfacebook.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Headlines on Deadlines (Part 1): How to consistently write effective headlines without working late, www.marketingexperiments.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Display is More Than Just Retargeting, www.acquisio.com
- Lawmakers, FTC Want ICANN to Delay New Domain Plan, www.pcmag.com
- 4 Reasons Email Is Better Than Facebook, www.clicknewz.com
- Local Search: Light Speed Ahead, MediaPost
- Local SEO and Moving Business: 5 Steps, 4 Lessons, www.seomoz.org
- What is Wrong With Today’s CMS, www.readwriteweb.com
- How Does FedEx Grade Out for Their Handling of Their Recent Delivery Driver Debacle, Social Media Today
- Facebook Launches Suggested Events Feature Based On Checkins, TechCrunch
- Handling Negative Comments on Social Media, bloggertone.com
- Exclusive: Leaked Details of How Facebook Plans To Sell Your Timeline to Advertisers, www.betabeat.com
- Media Covered Twitter A Bit More Than Facebook In 2011, www.allfacebook.com
- News flash: Yes, Facebook is selling you to advertisers, GigaOM
- Why Real-World Socializing Is the Next Big Thing for Social Media, mashable.com
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the most important digital marketing news each day.