Marketing Day: December 26, 2012
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook To “Vigorously” Defend Instagram Against Suit Over Terms Of Service
If you wondered whether Instagram’s apology and revised new terms of service mollified all of the user anger out there, the answer is no. And at least one user, San Diego resident Lucy Funes, and her attorneys have filed suit, seeking class action status for their complaint. The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court [...]
- Forget The Kiss – Facebook Now Lets Users Seal New Years Eve With A Private Message
If you plan on indulging heavily in bubbly and booze this New Year’s Eve, Facebook can help. “Midnight Message” delivery not exists that allows users to create a message anytime that will be at midnight on New Year’s Eve, no sobriety required. In order to partake in the Midnight Messaging, users must allow access to the Facebook [...]
- How Facebook Tagging Helped Make Randi Zuckerberg’s “Private” Photo Go Public
Randi Zuckerberg, sister of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, wasn’t happy when a private photo she shared on Facebook when public. Unhappy to the point of chastising people in general that digital etiquette is “not about privacy settings” but “human decency.” Actually, it’s a lot about privacy settings, and even Facebook’s improved systems makes this hard. [...]
- Choose The Best Responsive Email Layout For Your Message
The concept of responsive email has entered into the industry consciousness, though the actual deployment is still far from common. Still, enough senders are experimenting with the technique, and we’re beginning to see patterns in layouts and organization. Any examination of responsive layout patterns must first point to the work of Luke Wroblewski. Wroblewski has [...]
- Content Marketing In The Organization
Does your organization have a content marketing department? If not, you’re hardly alone. While commitment to and investment in content marketing is skyrocketing year over year, there are far from hard and fast rules, and only barely emerging best practices, regarding how content fits into existing marketing functions. Content generally doesn’t exist as a department [...]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- A/B Testing From Search To Conversion
- Want To Speak @ SMX West? Here’s How
- Only 5% Of News Publishers Use The Google News Keywords Meta Tag
- Would You Pass The End Of Year Digital Marketing Quiz?
- Five Linking Myths That Need To Go Away In 2013
- SEOMoz + GetListed: Let The SMB Toolset Death March Begin
- International Search Predictions For 2013 – Perhaps More Accurate Than The Mayans?
- Google Tests “Quick View” Button In Mobile Search Results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2013 Affiliate Marketing Conferences & Trade Shows to Attend, amnavigator.com
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Sister Complains Of Facebook Privacy Breach, BuzzFeed Mobile
- 7 Step Blueprint To Personal Branding, Search Engine People
- How to Use Contests and Giveaways to Get User-Generated Content, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Startups Adjust to Web’s Down Cycle, Wall Street Journal
- Is Paying to Message Strangers a New Texting Business?, New York Times
- Argentina Ranks First in Worldwide Desktop Social Networking Engagement at Nearly 10 Hours per Visitor Each Month, comScore
- Facebook?! Twitter?! Instagram?! We Did That 40 Years Ago, Wired
- The New Dilemma: Social Media Exposes Us to Too Much, Too Often, Techipedia
- Twitter Is Already Winning The Social TV War, But It Will Soon Do More, TechCrunch
Opinions expressed in the article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land.
Get the most important digital marketing news each day.