Marketing Day: December 27, 2012
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Is Google Using AdWords Express Budgets To Promote Google+?
Google now offers small businesses using its AdWords Express service a way to promote their Google+ pages seemingly everywhere but on Google+ itself, which Google reasserts should be an ad-free zone. That omission may make these ads less effective for those seeking new customers or followers to their Google+ pages. Meanwhile, the push gets those same […]
- Looking Back Over 2012 Through Tweets
2012. Wow, what a year. The world didn’t end, yet. For me, this year was quite different from those in the recent past. I experienced several personal milestones, enjoyed a lovely editorial year (my first with Marketing Land) and my agency continued to grow in spite of my absence for part of the year. Here’s […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- What’s In Your 2013 SEO Playbook?
- How To Build A Better B2B SEO Strategy In 2013
- Yahoo Testing A New Home Page Design
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Why Local Blogging Works, Small Business SEM
- Yahoo’s Mayer Hoping What Happens With Big Advertisers at CES Doesn’t Stay in Vegas, AllThingsD
- Apple CEO Tim Cook’s 2012 salary drops 99% without stock awards, appleinsider.com
- Is Google Concerned About Amazon Eating Their Lunch?, SEO Book.com
- Nielsen Buys Arbitron, Silences Competition, MarketingVOX
- 8 Content Marketing Trends for B2B, Social Media Examiner
- Content Brainstorming Tools for 2013, Vertical Measures
- 10 Questions to Ask a Domain Broker, Elliot’s Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Twitter has added new (and very nice) background formatting options, MÄÅris Antons
- Facebook Still Top Social Site for Sharing Product Info, eMarketer
- Netflix ‘Social Features’ Coming To U.S. In 2013, Once President Signs Bill, TPM Idea Lab
- Why we love to hate Myspace, The Verge
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the most important digital marketing news each day.