Marketing Day: December 28, 2012
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Why Instagram’s Reported Drop In Daily Users Is Probably Not Due To Terms Of Service “Revolt”
Wow, big news! Instragram has lost 25% of its daily users. A “revolt” declares the New York Post, which broke the story. But numbers seem pretty questionable and perhaps have nothing to do with the terms of service change that upset so many earlier this month. When I saw the news spreading about Instagram’s drop [...]
- Google+ Business Pages Can Now Comment On All User Posts
Business pages on Google+ a just received a big upgrade to their reach. Now pages can interact with those who haven’t circled them on Google+. Previously a user must have added a page to its circles in order for the page to interact — not anymore. TheNextWeb reported on this initial update and it was confirmed shortly after [...]
- Marketing Land’s Most Popular Stories On Google+ In 2012: Google, Project Glass & Privacy
Today we’ve begun wrapping up our top posts of 2012 series here on Marketing Land and our sister site, Search Engine Land. In the next few days we’ll be sharing some of the most popular stories from 2012, including some of the most read, most tweeted and the most liked on Facebook. To get us [...]
- Not So Temporary: Security Flaw Allows Snapchat & Facebook Poke Users To Keep Content Forever
Snapchat is nifty little app that allows users to share temporary pictures or video (iPhone only) with each other for between 1 and 10 seconds. After that time limit the content is removed and is deleted off of the company’s servers. Theoretically, Snapchat is used to send goofy pictures and videos to one another in [...]
- Affiliate Marketing Trends For 2013
Earlier this year, Forrester estimated the affiliate marketing industry would grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. The key drivers for this growth are expected to be the affiliate channel’s ability to produce new-to-file customers, generate incremental customer acquisition, and attract consumers who spend more than the average online shopper. While all indicators point to marketers [...]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Facebook Is Wikipedia’s Most Popular Article Of 2012: Hot Topic Or Confused Searchers?
- Search In Pics: Wooden Google Room, Ingress Comic & Google Holiday Gifts
- Search Engine Land’s Most Popular Stories On Google+ In 2012: Panda, Knowledge Graph & SEO
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How To Bring Your Bounce Rate Down, Search Engine People
- Yahoo Hosting Parked Page Leads To Google Malware Warning?, Search Engine Roundtable
General Internet Marketing
- Christmas Day 2012 retail visits increase 27% compared to 2011, www.experian.com
- Christmas 2012: 17M iOS and Android device activated, 87% jump in App Store downloads, appleinsider.com
- 2012’s Most Popular Locations on Instagram, Instagram Blog
- Better ways to keep your audience current with Twitter, Facebook and blog updates (2/2), VerticalLeap
- China Passes Rules Requiring People Identify Themselves Online, Bloomberg
- Posterous Finally Lets Users Export Data, Will it Now Close?, thenextweb.com
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the most important digital marketing news each day.