Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: DialogTech & LiveRamp partnership, keyword research & MarTech Today launch
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- If you’re in the U.S., this marketing data company has a psychology profile on you
Oct 17, 2016 by Barry Levine
Cambridge Analytica is transitioning from defense and political clients into the commercial market, with named profiles on every U.S. consumer.
- DialogTech and LiveRamp join to make calls a display optimization tool
Oct 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Partnership brings call-conversion-based audience targeting to display.
- Just launched: Marketing Land’s new MarTech Today website!
Oct 17, 2016 by Matt McGee
Our new editorial website is laser-focused on the fast-growing world of marketing technology, an area of increasing importance to all marketers.
- The ins and outs of keyword research
Oct 17, 2016 by Amy Bishop
When looking for opportunities to grow search traffic, keyword expansions can be valuable. Columnist Amy Bishop discusses when keyword expansions do and do not make sense, along with tips for identifying quality terms.
- What Google’s experimental content podium means for SEO
Oct 17, 2016 by Tony Edward
What’s the deal with Google Posts? Columnist Tony Edwards explains this invite-only Google feature and discusses its potential implications for search marketers.
- [Reminder] Upcoming webcast: Take back control of your content
Oct 17, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you losing control of your content? If you’re like the majority of marketers, you’re going to produce more content in 2017 — but feel less than confident about your content marketing operations. Join experts Arnie Kuenn, CEO at Vertical Measures, and Brian Kavanaugh, U.S. Marketing Strategist at Bynder.
- What you need to reach the big leagues of local SEO
Oct 17, 2016 by Brian Smith
Looking to build a successful career in local SEO? Columnist Brian Smith is here to coach you on how to improve your game.
- Can location make native ads better and more relevant?
Oct 17, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Placecast says its new location-enabled units outperform conventional native ads.
- 4 tactics to generate quality leads from social media
Oct 17, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
Don’t just use social media for branding. Contributor Khalid Saleh offers four ways to convert more of your visitors into leads from social channels.
- Viewability is a big part of the journey, but it’s not the destination
Oct 17, 2016 by Chris Glushko
Contributor Chris Glushko believes viewable impressions are just the beginning; marketers need cross-platform measurement solutions that will put digital media on equal footing with traditional media.
- MarTech Europe is just 2 weeks away. Don’t miss out!
Oct 17, 2016 by Marketing Land
As marketers, we all strive to create the ultimate customer experience. And in two weeks, experts are gathering at MarTech Europe in London to share insights into how they’ve aligned their organizations’ technology, marketing and management to serve the evolving customer needs.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 adds predictive lead scoring from Versium to its B2B CRM
Oct 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new service, the companies said, is the first automated predictive scoring service for Dynamics that utilizes both business and consumer data.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Analytics demystified, part II: Metrics, PIs and KPIs, econsultancy.com
- It’s Time to Flip Your Customer Analytics Inside Out, www.convinceandconvert.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How Often Do You Post on Your Blog?, www.problogger.net
- Mastering the Art of Blogging: 6 Content Creation Recipes, www.toprankblog.com
- Repurposing Content Is The Gateway to Driving More Traffic to Your Blog, www.martechadvisor.com
- Apple reportedly doesn’t want to build a car anymore – just its brain, techcrunch.com
- Snapsheet raises $20 million for app to help drivers file claims after a crash, techcrunch.com
- Are You Marketing Kryptonite? Then Stop Trying to Persuade Without Telling a Story, blog.crazyegg.com
- Content Marketers Share Their Secrets, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Use User-Generated Content to Drive Sales, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Six Steps to Creating a Successful Infographic for Your Business, www.marketingprofs.com
- 10 Expert Tips for Using Content to Transform Passive Visitors into Engaged Buyers, www.copypress.com
- When Good Customers Leave: Troubleshooting Your Customer Retention Approach, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Why Long Form Content Will Boost Your Conversions, www.jeffbullas.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 keys to writing stellar bot conversations, venturebeat.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How To Maximize Conversions With Mobile Display Advertising, www.ppchero.com
- Programmatic Display vs. Programmatic TV: Can the Gap be Bridged?, www.martechadvisor.com
- .Net Domain Registrations Cross The 16 Million Mark For The 1st Time, www.thedomains.com
- You Might Want to Accept the First Counter Offer, www.domaininvesting.com
- 10 Tips for Saving on Shipping for eBay, Etsy and Other eCommerce Sellers, smallbiztrends.com
- 8 experts predict the 2016 holiday shopping season, www.retaildive.com
- E-commerce sales growth slightly decelerated in September, www.internetretailer.com
- Meet Liza Landsman, Who Could Turn Jet.com Into the Digital Era’s Ultimate Challenger Brand, www.adweek.com
- Upgrading to The Future of Ecommerce Just Got a Lot Easier, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- You Started an Ecommerce Business – Now What?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Emails Every Marketer Should Send this Fall, www.martechadvisor.com
- Common Mistakes Impact your Email marketing Workflow Success, www.martechadvisor.com
- Curl Up With Everything Holiday: Take comfort in holiday marketing made easy, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to grow your audience outside your signup form, myemma.com
- International Email Marketing: The Definitive Guide, www.superoffice.com
- The One Email Tactic That Publishers Shouldn’t Ignore, contently.com
General Internet Marketing
- An Insider’s Guide to Influencer Marketing Done Right, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Digital Advertising Beyond the Impression, www.emarketer.com
- Ten guiding principles to help small digital marketing agencies win more business, econsultancy.com
- “We’ve created a monster”: Publishers vent ad tech frustrations, digiday.com
- 9 tips for building your first Facebook Messenger chatbot, venturebeat.com
- Hard Or Soft, Brexit Will Be Tough On Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- How Technology Can Improve the In-Store Experience, www.emarketer.com
- What You Should Know About Customer Success Technology, www.martechadvisor.com
- 94% of consumers would use mobile wallets more if they gave something back, venturebeat.com
- App Annie study shows U.S. retail leads the way in mobile disruption, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Messenger tells you what to talk about with “Conversation Topics” feature, techcrunch.com
- Let’s Talk Mobile Strategy Not Apps and Websites, www.martechadvisor.com
- To Succeed in Mobile, Optimize the App Store Experience, adage.com
- Why Chat May Be King Of The New Mobile Landscape, www.fastcodesign.com
- Take Note of Samsung: Tips for a Brand Crisis, adage.com
- The 3 E’s of Brand Admiration (and How Marketers Can Foster Them), www.marketingprofs.com
- 10 Ways to Increase Your Facebook Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 4 Tips to Influence Buyers and Win Social Referrals, www.adweek.com
- 40% of new Pinterest users are men, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Ways to Maximize Your Presence on LinkedIn’s Publishing Platform, www.martechadvisor.com
- Ad buyers see promise in Twitterâï¿½ï¿½s Instagram-like carousel ads, digiday.com
- Growing pains: How agencies see Snapchat’s ad-sales approach, digiday.com
- How and Why to Plan Your Holiday Social Media Calendar, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Luxury hospitality brands must focus on fine-tuning social media strategies, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Best Days and Times to Post on Five Major Social Networks, www.marketingprofs.com
- Using Social Media to Support Your ABM Goals, blog.marketo.com
- Why Twitter Is Actually a Media Company, www.wsj.com
- Will Facebook’s Workplace Prove An Effective Productivity Tool?, www.fastcompany.com
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind While Creating Corporate Videos for Tradeshows, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Find a Livestreaming Tribe That Fits Your Vibe, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Produce Quick and Effective Video Content With Your Phone, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Live Streaming Video – How Can You Use It To Increase Sales and Cut Costs?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Online Video Metrics that Really Matter for Brand Advertisers, tubularinsights.com
- The Help-Hub-Hero Approach To Video Marketing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Vimeo now lets creators spruce up their profile pages with looping cover videos, venturebeat.com
- What Marketers Need to Know About How Today’s Top Social Platforms Measure Video, www.adweek.com
- Why B2B Marketers Should Experiment with Live Video, www.cmswire.com