Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: E-commerce content marketing, “webrooming” & Apple earnings
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Much needed filters & custom metrics make their way to Twitter Ads Manager reporting
Jul 29, 2016 by Greg Finn
A new set of tools will allow Twitter Ads Manager users to pick and choose the campaigns & metrics that they’d like to report on.
- How your old content can help with SEO
Jul 29, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Looking to get the most SEO value out of your content marketing efforts? Columnist Tamar Weinberg explains how to breathe new life into your content assets.
- How to download all of your landing pages from Google Search Console via Analytics Edge — and I mean ALL of them!
Jul 29, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
Google Search Console provides a wealth of data on landing pages, but unfortunately, that data is limited. Columnist Glenn Gabe shares his method for getting around the 1,000-URL limit using an Excel plugin called Analytics Edge.
- The reasons behind type provider Monotype’s decision to buy UGC platform Olapic
Jul 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
According to the Monotype CEO, his company will now have one more asset to help brands define their marketing identity.
- The Intent Lab opens and issues its first Digital Satisfaction Index
Jul 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
A research partnership between Northwestern University and Publicis’ Performics, the Lab intends for the Index to become a standard.
- How to master content marketing for your e-commerce company
Jul 29, 2016 by Steve Olenski
It’s not just about having a blog. Steve Olenski offers 10 ways to create content that will attract visitors to your e-commerce business and drive them to purchase.
- Consumers have spoken: 2016 is the year of “webrooming”
Jul 29, 2016 by Sara Spivey
Worried about showrooming? Don’t be! Columnist Sara Spivey says the opposite — consumers researching online before heading offline to shop — is taking off, and retailers need to take advantage of the trend.
- Apple sells its billionth iPhone, but Samsung gains market share
Jul 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
As the iPhone nears its 10th anniversary rivals are producing high-quality and often lower-cost alternatives.
- Amazon revenue up 31% YoY for Q2 2016, climbs to $30.4B for the quarter
Jul 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
CEO Jeff Bezos says its been a busy few months for Amazon worldwide, with the launch of Prime in India and AmazonFresh in London.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Merkle’s early data on expanded text ad CTRs: Results are mixed
- Excited about Google’s new map ads? You should be!
- 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO
- Search in Pics: NBA players at Google, Pokemon Go gamers & Google koolaid
- AdWords gains 3 new cross-device attribution reports
- Don’t lose track of leads once they pick up the phone
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Customer Data: The Solution to Lead Generation, blog.kissmetrics.com
- The 10 Most Important Metrics You Should be Tracking in Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Want More Guest Writing Gigs? Here are 5 Foolproof Ideas (and How to Make the Pitch), blog.crazyegg.com
- How Small Companies Can Attract Talent From Google, Apple, and Facebook, www.fastcompany.com
- Microsoft to Shed 2,850 Additional Jobs, www.wsj.com
- 22 Experts Tell How to Know if Your Content Marketing Works, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Marketing HOME RUN: Convincing The CEO To Give It A Go, www.aimclearblog.com
- Does Your Content Marketing Support Your Business Goals?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Marketing Influencers: Four Ways to Elevate Your Content Strategy and Amplify Your Outreach, www.marketingprofs.com
- Skoda uses data to power Tour de France content marketing, econsultancy.com
- What to Look for in a Professional Content Writer, www.copyblogger.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How Should You Use Display Advertising?, www.ppchero.com
- Why Verisign paid $135 million for the .web top level domain, domainnamewire.com
- 82% of Millennials More Likely to Use a Loyalty Card on Their Mobile Device, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon revamps in-app menu for easier access, navigation, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Consumer goods firms plot new paths amid e-commerce boom, www.reuters.com
- Creating Great Content for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Retailers and CPG Brands Can Maximize Value, www.emarketer.com
- 40 Brilliant-but-Easy Ways to Build Your Email List, www.verticalresponse.com
- 5 Ways Fashion Retailers Use Contextual Email Marketing, movableink.com
- Almost Half of Marketing Emails in Australia Are Opened on Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- Email Marketing STILL Not Dead, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- 11 Advanced Tips To Be A Successful Digital Marketer, www.jeffbullas.com
- A Marketer’s Quick-Start Guide to Microsegmentation, www.martechadvisor.com
- Generation X: An Untapped Gold Mine for Marketers, www.silverpop.com
- Google meets Italy’s demands on data use practices, www.reuters.com
- How To Run A Great Marketing Brainstorm: The Creative Warm-Up, www.portent.com
- Sorry to Say Marketers, But Pokemon Go is Shaping Your Future, www.cmswire.com
- What’s the Difference Between a Brand Ambassador Program and an Outreach Program?, mackcollier.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Factual Joins the Network Advertising Initiative, www.marketwired.com
- Nestle Waters Teams Up with Salesforce to Launch Consumer Engagement Center, www.prnewswire.com
- New Seismic/CSO Insights Study: With Rapid Changes on the Horizon, Sales Enablement a Top Enterprise Priority, seismic.com
- A B2B Marketer and a Data Management Platform Walk Into a Bar, www.convinceandconvert.com
- When Machines Get Smarter, So Do CMOs, adage.com
- Even as Mobile Gobbles Up Web Traffic, 80% of Companies Don’t Have a Long-Term Strategy, www.adweek.com
- Brand Yourself Consistently, www.copypress.com
- Create an Audience of People Who Spent the Most Time on Your Website, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook’s Offline Conversions API for Marketers, blog.marketo.com
- Gearing Up for the Big Games, blog.business.instagram.com
- Has your child bought a Facebook app without asking? You can get a refund, www.theguardian.com
- How reddit Targets Millennials, www.emarketer.com
- How to Convince Your Boss to Invest in Social Media, www.socialbakers.com
- How to Use Offline Media to Drive Social Media Engagement, www.adweek.com
- Instagram Built an Adorably Small Oval Office for the Conventions, www.adweek.com
- Instagram Primes Advertisers for Rio 2016, www.adweek.com
- Social Media Now Best-Performing Mobile Marketing Channel, Outpaces Search, Display and Email, thedma.org
- Trend report: What’s popular on Pinterest this month, blog.pinterest.com
- Turning to Social Media to Overcome Online Advertising’s Biggest Challenges, www.martechadvisor.com
- Twitter Analytics: How to Know if Your Twitter Marketing Works, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- What’s the Perfect Length of a Facebook Post?, www.newswhip.com
- Why Birchbox Wants Fans to Call Them on Snapchat, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Facebook Enlists Soccer Elite to Help Live Video, www.wsj.com
- How Millennials Interact With Online Video, www.adweek.com
- Insider’s Nicholas Carlson on how to get 1.5 billion video views in a month, digiday.com