The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Email Marketing Report, Mobile Ad Fraud & Super Bowl Social Buzz
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Almost Half Of Email Marketers Send Everyone The Same Email
Feb 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
Detailed study from email marketing provider GetResponse shows many email marketers are not using personalization and other key capabilities.
- Join Marketing Land Editors & Guests For The Real-Time Digital Super Bowl: Our Hashtag Bowl Live Blog
Feb 4, 2016 by Pamela Parker
Make Marketing Land’s #Hashtag Bowl live blog your second screen for the Big Game, and get real-time data and insightful commentary from our panel of experts.
- Death To The Dumb Phone: Soon, Nearly 80% Of Mobile Phones In The US Will Be Smartphones
Feb 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Smartphone OS share is basically static, Microsoft emphasizing iOS, Android platforms.
- Move Over, Mobile Ad Fraud — “Fat Fingers” Could Also Be Throwing Off Advertisers’ Numbers
Feb 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
A new report from mobile platform Retale finds that 60 percent of respondents accidentally click on mobile banner ads.
- 4 Search Advertising Trends To Watch
Feb 4, 2016 by John Cosley
Columnist John Cosley of Bing unearths clues about the future of paid search as we head into 2016. What are you doing to prepare for or take advantage of these opportunities?
- Why Buy Twitter Followers? 10 Things You Need To Know About Followers Campaigns On Twitter
Feb 4, 2016 by Larry Kim
Columnist Larry Kim explains the ins and outs of launching an effective Twitter Followers campaign. Have you tried it out yet?
- The Publisher Turf Wars: Facebook Instant Articles, Ad Blocking And The Future
Feb 4, 2016 by Blaise Lucey
With the rise of ad blockers, reaching an audience is harder than ever before, but are platforms like Facebook Instant Articles the answer? Columnist Blaise Lucey explains why publishers should instead work to draw readers to their own apps.
- How Trust Can Help Convert Online Shoppers To Buyers
Feb 4, 2016 by Jonathan Hinz
With a myriad of options available to consumers, how do you become their go-to resource? Columnist Jonathan Hinz says it’s all about trust and discusses the ways you can earn it.
- Visualizing Your Marketing And Sales Process
Feb 4, 2016 by Brian Massey
Columnist Brian Massey explains why using a metaphor to help you visualize all the pieces of your “marketing machine” can help you zero in on each part and make powerful decisions.
- Super Bowl Social Buzz: #AvosInSpace Earning Most Mentions So Far On Twitter
Feb 3, 2016 by Matt McGee
Brandwatch says the pre-game social media buzz is all about avocados, with 50 percent more hashtag mentions than the next closest Super Bowl advertiser.
- Pokémon Leading All Super Bowl Ad Videos With 11.4 Million Online Views
Feb 3, 2016 by Matt McGee
Pokémon’s extended version of its Super Bowl commercial tops all videos in views and social mentions, while Heinz is trending this week.
- Facebook Surpasses YouTube, Barely, In Super Bowl Commercial Video Views [Report]
Feb 3, 2016 by Matt McGee
iSpot.TV says Facebook’s share of Super Bowl ad video views is way up this year, edging past YouTube.
- Google’s Play Store Rejects Ad Blocker App For Samsung Browser
Feb 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
Days after its launch in the Android app store, Adblock Fast has been removed because it violated Google’s guidelines.
- Squarespace Super Bowl 50 Campaign Stars Comedians Key & Peele Bringing The #RealTalk
Feb 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Playing two aspiring sports commentators, the comedy duo will do live commentary during the game that will be streamed on Squarespace’s website.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Attributing Retail Store Transactions To Online Clicks At Keyword Level
- Bring Your Work Home: How To Use Google AdWords To Improve Your Love Life
- Google Search Partner Network: Friend Or Foe?
- Bing Updates Android & iOS Apps To Enable More Finding With Less Searching
- Google Revamps Mobile Travel Search Results, Almost Making Web Results Irrelevant
- Google Adds JSON-LD Support For Structured Data Markup
- 8-Step Road Map to a World-Class Social Media Governance Program
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Advanced Analytics for Content Marketing, blog.marketo.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Get into the Flow of Creating Great Content for Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- 16 Common-Sense Reminders for Uncommonly Good Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Build an Efficient Content Calendar, www.copypress.com
- How to Crowdsource Your Content Creation Ideas, www.marketingprofs.com
- Is Content Marketing a Viable Lead Generation Tactic?, www.toprankblog.com
- Is Your Passion Revealed in Your Content?, www.compukol.com
- The Coming Storm of Content and Things, www.cmswire.com
- The Headline Checklist: Remarkable Titles in 9 Idiot-Proof Steps, blog.tryadhawk.com
- 3 Quick Ways to Drive Conversions on Pinterest, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How Are B2B Marketers Rethinking the Customer Journey?, www.adweek.com
- How Live Chat on Your Website Can Maximize Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Seven conversion rate optimization trends to take advantage of in 2016, econsultancy.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- No More Deceptive Download Buttons, googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com
- 7 Tips for Customer Experience Differentiation, www.usertesting.com
- Four Major Reasons You Should Hire a Copywriter, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Colors Influence Consumers, contently.com
- How To Reduce Bounce Rates Using Five Effective Techniques, usabilitygeek.com
- What You’re Missing About Digital Experience, www.cmswire.com
- Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio get “Domain Name Bump” after Iowa, domainnamewire.com
- 3 Ecommerce Trends for 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon Home Services for Local Businesses: the Ins and Outs, www.localvisibilitysystem.com
- Common Web Accessibility Problems on Leading Ecommerce Sites, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Holiday shopping trends reveal digital shoppers’ flexibility, www.retaildive.com
- Super Bowl means super business for some online retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Captivate Readers With Smart Email Programs, www.cmswire.com
- In an era of Super Bowl 50 marketing firsts, brands fumble with email, venturebeat.com
- Using Live Social Feeds in Email to Drive Sales and Engagement, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Five key marketing trends from Digital Shift Q1 2016, econsultancy.com
- How To Reach Out To Influencers So That They Can’t Say No, blog.crazyegg.com
- Letter From the CEO: Connecting the Marketer, blog.adstage.io
- Marketing Basics: The Story Customers Tell Themselves, www.webinknow.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Purchx for Android, purch.com
- Competition And ROI Will Put Today’s Mar Tech Stack On A Much-Needed Diet, adexchanger.com
- How Event Technology Helps B2B Marketers Increase Customer Engagement, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 3 challenges facing mobile programmatic buyers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Android Wear: Designed for your wrist, officialandroid.blogspot.com
- Apple Music for Android now lets you save songs to an SD card, www.theverge.com
- Apps’ most enthusiastic users are also their biggest critics, www.retaildive.com
- Are Marketers Ready For The Cross-Device Super Bowl?, www.adweek.com
- As Mobile Ordering Platforms Evolve, Expect More Personalization and Integration, streetfightmag.com
- Facebook’s iOS Bug Led ComScore to Overestimate Time Spent, adage.com
- Here Are 7 Stats That Show How Super Bowl Viewers Will Use Second Screens, www.adweek.com
- 15 Chrome Extensions Social Media Marketer Must Have In Their Toolbox, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 Ways Small Businesses Can Score Big on Twitter During #SB50, www.adweek.com
- Can Facebook Predict This Year’s Super Bowl Audience?, www.fastcompany.com
- CEO Mark Zuckerberg predicts 5 billion Facebook users by 2030, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Celebrates Turning 12 With “Friends Day” Videos, TechCrunch
- Facebook says its 1.59 billion users are connected by way less than six degrees of separation, qz.com
- Here’s How Brands Should Create Their Real-Time Super Bowl Strategy for Twitter, www.adweek.com
- How brands extend the social reach of their Super Bowl ads, www.internetretailer.com
- In search of Facebook love, publishers form link-sharing pacts with each other, digiday.com
- Instagram Rolls Out Multiple Account Switching for Some iOS Users, blog.latergram.me
- LinkedIn Pulse: The Content Publishing Platform You Can’t Afford to Ignore, seocopywriting.com
- Snapchat Runs Its First App-Install Ad, and It’s for Mobile Game Cookie Jam, www.adweek.com
- Social Media Trends 2016, www.blogherald.com
- Twitter Is Testing A Dedicated GIF Button On Mobile, TechCrunch
- Twitter tries to decipher custom emojis for brands, digiday.com
- What is Peach & should marketers even care?, econsultancy.com
- How Publishers Are Bypassing Ad Blockers And Avoiding Video Latency, adexchanger.com
- Instagram to Showcase Original Video Series, www.martechadvisor.com
- What Motivates Consumers to Share Videos Made by Brands?, www.marketingprofs.com
- YouTube Gaming’s trending list proves how different it is from Twitch, venturebeat.com