Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook News Feed Tweaks, LinkedIn Ad Updates & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Uses News Feed Algorithm To Rival Twitter, Periscope In Live Video
Mar 1, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will start ranking live videos higher in its news feed while those streams are taking place.
- Geomagnetic Platform IndoorAtlas Does Extensive Deal With Yahoo Japan
Mar 1, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company enables indoor location and proximity marketing by reading and mapping magnetic fields.
- Content Curation Platform Livefyre Gives Marketers Another Storytelling Tool By Adding Storify2
Mar 1, 2016 by Barry Levine
Newest version of Livefyre’s 2013 acquisition adds team collaboration, creation of entire web pages, and live updating.
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Barre Hardy
Mar 1, 2016 by Marketing Land
Improving Marketing Efficiency Through Agile Transformation
- The Need For Speed: 7 Observations On The Impact Of Page Speed To The Future Of Local Mobile Search
Mar 1, 2016 by Wesley Young
Having a mobile website may soon not be enough to get users to patronize your local business if it doesn’t deliver a fast and positive user experience. Wesley Young takes a look at the latest data and developments with regard to mobile websites.
- Associated Press Teams Up With Twitter To Track 2016 Election-Related Tweets
Mar 1, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
AP’s Election Buzz tool tracks Twitter activity and Google search volume for candidates and politically-charged topics.
- Digital Marketing & The Zero Moment of Truth
Mar 1, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Columnist Marcus Miller discusses how the customer journey has changed in the digital age and recommends ways to reach consumers at each stage of the journey via SEO.
- Twitter’s User Growth Stalled And Advertisers Don’t Care (Yet)
Mar 1, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Creative opportunities and results, so far, appear to outweigh the lack of user growth. Moves into direct response pose new challenges, however.
- Top 7 Must-Have Tools For Website Owners
Mar 1, 2016 by Jordan Kasteler
Looking to improve your website or just getting started with creating one? Columnist Jordan Kasteler outlines his favorite tools that will help your website meet your marketing goals.
- Achieving Hyper-Segmentation To Reach Personalization At Scale
Mar 1, 2016 by Sean Zinsmeister
Columnist Sean Zinsmeister says it’s time for B2B marketers to drill down into their consumer data to help them find the best customers and expand into new markets.
- How To Market Successfully In A Digital World? Put Customers’ Needs First.
Mar 1, 2016 by Mary Wallace
Customers are at the heart of what successful businesses do. Columnist Mary Wallace discusses why we need to harness the power of data and technology to better understand our customers and respond to their needs.
- Why Virtual Reality May Become The New Normal In Email Marketing
Mar 1, 2016 by Jason Warnock
VR isn’t the stuff of science fiction. It’s going mainstream. And columnist Jason Warnock believes it could be a big win for email marketing.
- What Does Your Marketing Technology Stack Look Like?
Mar 1, 2016 by Marketing Land
Enter a visual representation of your company’s marketing platforms to win a “Stackie” Award, to be presented at the MarTech Conference March 21–22, 2016.
- LinkedIn Intros B2B Spin On Facebook’s Custom Audiences To Target Ads
Mar 1, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Advertisers can upload lists of up to 30,000 companies, and LinkedIn will target ads to those companies’ employees.
- Startup Mariana Launches B2B Lead Gen Platform That Automatically Creates Personas
Mar 1, 2016 by Barry Levine
The personas are used to find decision-making individuals at targeted companies.
- Here Are The Top 7 Reasons You Should Attend MarTech
Feb 29, 2016 by Marketing Land
MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference is right around the corner and we’re excited to share this incredible experience with you.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Latest AdWords Editor Update Supports Callout Extensions, Video Campaigns, HTML5 Ads
- The Associated Press Partners With Google & Twitter To Track 2016 Election Trends
- The Importance Of Second-Tier Links
- Customer Match: Common Questions & How To Answer Them
- Bing Adds Interactive Solar System To Search Results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Study: 3 Factors in Affiliate Marketing Will Drive Growth, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Tackling Silent Customer Attrition with Analytics, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways Bloggers and Content Creators Could Use Anchor, ProBlogger
- How Can You Drive More Social Traffic to Your Blog?, simplymeasured.com
- How to Use Pinterest to Spread Your Blog Like Wildfire, www.blogherald.com
- When Times Get Tough: Tips for Running a Blog on a Budget, www.blogherald.com
- Google invests $30 million in European news tech companies, techcrunch.com
- More than 11 million HTTPS websites imperiled by new decryption attack, Ars Technica
- The Former PayPal Employees Who Run Silicon Valley, www.fastcodesign.com
- Yahoo may write down goodwill value of Tumblr, venturebeat.com
- 3 Ways to Use Transparency in Content to Cut Through the Noise, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- A 7-Step Guide To Creating Your Content Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How Thorntons uses content marketing to gain an edge at Easter, econsultancy.com
- The Best Branded Content of February, contently.com
- The Most Effective Elements of Clickbait Article Headlines, www.marketingprofs.com
- Want ROI on Your B2B Content? Embrace Sales Enablement, contently.com
- What a GREAT Marketer Does with Content, www.toprankblog.com
- How Do UX Professionals View Conversion Optimization?, conversionxl.com
- How To Improve Your Lead Gen Landing Page, www.clixmarketing.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Effective Communication for Design Teams, www.usertesting.com
- Microsoft’s Experimental Keyboard Aims To Solve A Major Mobile UX Problem, www.fastcodesign.com
- Smart UX: Use Cases, usabilitygeek.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Confessions of a media agency CEO: Display ads have never worked, digiday.com
- Finding your audience with Google display and video ads, adwords.blogspot.com
- 3 ways retailers are improving their mobile apps, digiday.com
- 4 Steps to Building a Online Store That’s Successful, smallbiztrends.com
- Does SMS Have a Role in E-commerce Customer Acquisition?, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Here’s how much the different “Amazons of” have raised, qz.com
- How to Build Your Own Ecommerce Empire, multichannelmerchant.com
- How To Use 3rd Party E-commerce Platforms To Boost Your Revenue, blog.crazyegg.com
- Infinite Scrolling, Pagination Or “Load More” Buttons? Usability Findings In eCommerce, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Jack Ma’s expensive, lowkey strategy to battle Amazon for online shoppers, qz.com
- Omni-Channel in 2016 Doesn’t Have to Be a Zero Sum Game, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Selling on Amazon, Advanced Ways to Optimize your Product, ignitevisibility.com
- The Consumer Shopping Experience is Changing B2B Ecommerce Forever, multichannelmerchant.com
- The hot e-commerce app Wish has hundreds of millions of users (plus other fascinating stats), techcrunch.com
- The Tinder trend in website design: pros and cons for web retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- 7 Deadly Sins and 7 Virtues of Email Marketing, www.copyblogger.com
- Five Superhot Email Marketing Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- More innovation brings more security so for today, let’s raise the bar with Gmail DLP, googleforwork.blogspot.com
General Internet Marketing
- B2B Marketers: Stop Using the B2C Playbook, www.cmswire.com
- Brands are using emojis more than ever, research confirms, digiday.com
- Critical Considerations to Bring Performance-Based Marketing Inhouse, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketing to Millennials: Are we still just selling snake oil?, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Right Time Marketing: How to Target Today’s Consumers at the Right Time and Through the Right Channels, thedma.org
Internet Marketing Industry
- North Plains Systems launches Xinet 18.1, www.realwire.com
- Rocket Fuel’s Demand Side Platform Dramatically Boosts Performance for AUDIENCEX Clients, rocketfuel.com
- SourceKnowledge Raises $1.5 Million From BDC Capital, www.marketwired.com
- Unmetric Integrates With Oracle Social Cloud to Provide Competitive Insights for Social Enabled Enterprises, www.prweb.com
- “Whales” Account for 70% of In-App Purchase Revenue, www.adweek.com
- Analysis of 671M push notifications shows mobile marketing’s potential has barely been tapped, venturebeat.com
- Are wearables failing? An early 2016 recap, econsultancy.com
- How Data Is Poised to Significantly Transform Local Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- Marketers turn up volume on mobile’s potential for voice-driven engagement, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Overcoming Your Fear of Local Landing Pages, moz.com
- 5 Types of Visual Content You Can and Should Tweet, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Things to Keep in Mind When Creating Facebook Carousel Ads, www.adweek.com
- Brands and agencies are already experimenting with on-demand Snapchat geofilters, digiday.com
- Celebrating 3 years of Twitter Ads API innovation, Twitter Blog
- Facebook Announces Worldwide F8 Meetups, developers.facebook.com
- Facebook should come clean about how new emoji will affect our news feeds, qz.com
- How The Boston Globe Use Social Media, blog.newswhip.com
- How The Washington Post, Slate and other publishers are using Facebook Instant Articles, digiday.com
- How to Launch Your Business Presence on Pinterest, www.adweek.com
- Increasing Revenue Through Personalization and Social Media, blog.mailchimp.com
- Jason Peterson on Brands Joining the Instagram Party, www.facebook.com
- More Brands Use Emojis in Social Media Posts, www.emarketer.com
- More Instagram Advertising Means Less Organic Engagement, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Just Hired One of the Founders of Facebook’s $1 Billion Ad Network, www.adweek.com
- The Twitter Contradiction, avc.com
- What it Takes to Become a LinkedIn Influencer, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Which People Skills Are Most Important in Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 4 Tips to Improve Your YouTube Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Do You Really Know the Impact of Social Video on Your Brand?, www.reelseo.com
- Google adds Virtual Reality section to Google Store; starts selling Cardboard compatible viewers in the US, ausdroid.net
- Keep making history: Celebrating the artists, activists and creators of today, youtubecreator.blogspot.com
- Marketers, Don’t Ruin Virtual Reality With Ads, adage.com
- Pay to Place Twitter Video Ads at the Top of Every Timeline with First View, smallbiztrends.com
- Snapchat on Par With Facebook When it Comes to Daily Video Views, www.searchenginejournal.com