Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Google My Business case study, holiday retail strategies & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook now lets broadcasters restrict their Live audiences by age, location, gender
Jul 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has quietly added an option for some broadcasters to restrict who can tune into a Live broadcast and another for never-ending livestreams.
- Two new projects target ads at your car
Jul 15, 2016 by Barry Levine
In the UK, and soon in Japan, real-time car recognition tech is guiding ad targeting on digital billboards.
- 10 factors that may be impacting your organic traffic
Jul 15, 2016 by Stephanie LeVonne
Experiencing fluctuations in organic traffic and rankings? Columnist Stephanie LeVonne has a list of factors to check and how to address them.
- Four steps to maximizing Customer Lifetime Value
Jul 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In this white paper from Zaius, you’ll learn all about why customer lifetime value is critical, but underutilized.
- Why you cannot ignore practitioner listings on Google My Business (case study)
Jul 15, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
You may have a strong Google My Business listing, but what happens when individual practitioners at your location have their own listings? Columnist Joy Hawkins shares a case study detailing what happened when one such practitioner left her practice to go work elsewhere.
- Improve B2B marketing results with Google Analytics
Jul 15, 2016 by Stela Yordanova
How can B2B marketers make the most of Google Analytics? Columnist Stela Yordanova offers some tips to help you better analyze website engagement and conversion.
- 3 retail strategies to beat Amazon this holiday season
Jul 15, 2016 by Mike Sands
Don’t let Amazon get the best of you this year. Start planning now! Columnist Mike Sands reveals strategies to keep in mind when preparing for the biggest shopping days of the year.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
Jul 15, 2016 by Pamela Parker
As we kick off our Holiday Retailer coverage for 2016, we encourage e-commerce marketers to tune in and keep checking back for news you can use, as well as the latest developments in the space.
- The 2016 guide to preparing for the holiday rush
Jul 15, 2016 by David Rekuc
It’s mid-July, and you know what that means — that’s right, the holiday season is right around the corner! Columnist David Rekuc offers an updated holiday marketing checklist so e-commerce marketers can start off on the right foot this year.
- Holiday marketing: Take some cues from 2015 trends
Jul 15, 2016 by James Green
As digital continues to shift consumer behavior, columnist James Green takes a look at last year’s holiday retail trends to help you know what to expect this year.
- Facebook’s news feed tweak may mean more native videos, fewer links from publishers’ Pages
Jul 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook data, sourced from NewsWhip, shows native videos posted by publishers’ Pages average 268% more shares than article links.
- Google touts YouTube anti-piracy moves, critics remain critical
Jul 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google says its Content ID copyright management system is working and helping “creators” monetize their content.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Mobile brand CPCs on Google are climbing, finds Merkle
- Google to launch new voter registration search tools & live-stream conventions on YouTube
- Search in Pics: Ghostbusters car at Google, premier partner cups & dog pizza for lunch
- 4 reasons the world would end at the demise of local SEO
- Google testing new format for Sitelinks, in carousel card form
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- App Store Analytics: Faster and Easier to Use, www.tune.com
- Marketers, Let’s Put Key Performance Indicators Into Perspective, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Blames Lack of Available Talent for Diversity Problem, www.wsj.com
- U.S. cannot force Microsoft to turn over foreign emails, venturebeat.com
- 10 Smart Reasons Why You Should Update Older Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Big Publishers Can Learn A Lot About Native From Their Smaller Counterparts, adexchanger.com
- The Building Blocks of Engaging Content: Advice from Experts, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Creative Spotlight: How to Use the “Show, Don’t Tell” Concept to Enliven Your Writing, www.copypress.com
- How to Choose a Domain Name, moz.com
- Amazon eyeing up London restaurant delivery launch, techcrunch.com
- eBay buys inventory distribution company Ticket Utils, adding tech to StubHub, venturebeat.com
- Shoppers are Sharing, but not Buying on the Social Channel, www.martechadvisor.com
- Top 9 Tips to Consider When Selecting an Ecommerce Platform, multichannelmerchant.com
- Top Omni-channel Commerce Problems & How to Solve Them, multichannelmerchant.com
- What’s driving home goods purchases online?, www.internetretailer.com
- Eight Ridiculously Silly Ways to Sabotage Your Email Marketing Efforts, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- New partnership extends reach of beacon advertising, betanews.com
- AppLift Names Managing Director of U.S. East to Support U.S. Growth and Opens Office in New York City, www.marketwired.com
- How marketers can use new tech to deliver meaningful brand experiences, econsultancy.com
- Is your brand developing a chatbot strategy?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why virtual, augmented, and mixed reality are the 4th wave of tech, venturebeat.com
- Adopting a Mobile Business Mindset: 3 Effective Approaches, www.cmswire.com
- Apps Are The New Television (According To Apps), adexchanger.com
- How to Use Social Media to Build Brand Trust, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 7 Ideas For Better Facebook Contests From Cheetos, www.searchenginejournal.com
- A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Strategy, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Epic Facebook Custom Audiences Update: Dissecting 3 New Tools, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook activates Safety Check after truck incident in Nice, France, venturebeat.com
- Social Media Marketing Lessons from Euro 2016, www.socialbakers.com
- Try This Facebook Trick for More Likes Today, smallbiztrends.com
- Understanding social media can help marketers develop versatile creative, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Where You Should Focus Your Facebook Brand Awareness Efforts, www.ppchero.com
- Live Video: Creative Ways to Do a Live Show on Facebook, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Twitter Kit Adds Support for Vine Videos, www.adweek.com
- Why Can’t YouTube Do Drama?, contently.com