The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Holiday e-commerce, missing Super Bowl teaser ads & Snapchat search
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Holiday e-commerce sales crushed expectations, NRF says
Jan 13, 2017 by Matt McGee
National Retail Federation says online sales grew almost 13 percent in 2016, much higher than 7-10 percent expected growth.
- Four trends that will reshape marketing in 2017
Jan 13, 2017 by Russell Glass
What trends and technologies will keep marketers on their toes over the coming year? Contributor Russ Glass shares his predictions.
- Fetch and Horror: 3 examples of how fetch and render in GSC can reveal big SEO problems
Jan 13, 2017 by Glenn Gabe
Columnist Glenn Gabe demonstrates why discovering how Googlebot sees your desktop and mobile content is essential to any good SEO audit.
- A simple checklist to prep for the Google mobile-first index
Jan 13, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
Columnist Bryson Meunier believes that for savvy marketers, the rollout of Google’s mobile-first index will represent an opportunity — not a threat.
- Super Bowl LI teaser ads a no show so far this year with brands keeping campaigns under wraps
Jan 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
By this time last year, three brands had released teaser ads and three more had shared creative from their Super Bowl 50 campaigns.
- Get ready: The 2017 Marketing Land #HashtagBowl is coming soon!
Jan 13, 2017 by Matt McGee
Now in our sixth year, Marketing Land will again track social media visibility in Super Bowl TV commercials and cover how well TV advertisers score with online audiences. Here’s what to expect from all of our pre-game and post-game marketing coverage.
- My first CES: What I saw, learned and questioned
Jan 13, 2017 by Laurie Keith
The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas isn’t just for gadgetheads. Contributor Laurie Keith shares her first impressions of the tech show and what marketers can take away from it.
- Cloverleaf’s new grocery shelf displays watch shoppers, track their emotions
Jan 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Retail tech firm launches first shelf-based dynamic display that tracks and analyzes faces for their emotional states and demographics.
- Google taking another run at simple website creation for small businesses
Jan 13, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The site builder is presented under the websites tab in GMB and pre-populated, with customization options.
- Content marketing ideation: Where do good ideas come from?
Jan 13, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
It’s not easy to keep coming up with new ideas for content. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen reveals steps you can take to help with the process.
- Snapchat’s updated search bar makes it easier to find Discover channels, Live Stories
Jan 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat’s new unified search bar now appears on its home screen and works the same there as on its Chat and Stories screens.
- Integrated Marketing Analytics: Creating a single source of data truth
Jan 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Creating a single source of data truth to optimize marketing investments and performance may seem like a daunting task. But it can be simple with the right approach and technology. Join Cardinal Path’s David Booth and IBM’s Andrew Douglas to learn the right ingredients and best practices to get integrated marketing analytics right.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Growth Through Analytics with Andy Abbar, www.e-nor.com
- When It Comes to Metrics, Size Matters, www.cmswire.com
- You Need More Than Analytics Data to Grow Your Business – You Need Systems, blog.crazyegg.com
- Pandora is laying off 7% of its workforce, TechCrunch
- 7 Companies That Should Buy Medium, Because Why Not, contently.com
- Apple is nearing $1 trillion in iOS revenue, venturebeat.com
- Creative Spotlight: How to Think Like a Content Marketer When You’re Really a Freelance Writer, www.copypress.com
- How to Create a Best-in-Class Infographic Series in 6 Steps, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 6 Components Of A Successful CRO Program, www.ppchero.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Google GMB Website Builder Beta First Look, blumenthals.com
- WordPress 4.7.1 Security Release Available, Immediate Update Recommended, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Amazon continues to grow lead over Google as starting point for online shoppers, Geekwire
- Amazon Dominates, Desktop Wins Sales During Holiday 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- Five issues which keep ecommerce managers up at night, econsultancy.com
- For Merchants, How to Navigate Amazon’s Marketplace?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The 10 Biggest E-Commerce Shopping Days of 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
- Email showdown: Fitbit vs. Misfit, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Ways Marketers Can Meet Today’s New Standards for Engaging Consumers, www.adweek.com
- 5 Marketing Tasks Your Competitors are Successfully Automating, smallbiztrends.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Crimson Hexagon Expands Business Intelligence Footprint Through Domo Partnership, www.businesswire.com
- DoubleVerify Announces Integration with YouTube, www.prnewswire.com
- 3 Reasons to Adopt a Scalable Marketing Automation Platform, blog.marketo.com
- 5 successful apps and their monetization strategies, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Increasing mobile commerce profitability in 2017, www.usertesting.com
- Meet mobile-first store associates, www.retaildive.com
- Mobile Wallet’s Branding Problem, adage.com
- The Advantages of Google AMP: Why Marketers Should Embrace It ASAP, www.cmswire.com
- Which Mobile Messaging Channels to Use in Which Real-World Situations, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why AMP Caches exist, amphtml.wordpress.com
- 5 Compelling Reasons to Use Twitter Ads, www.searchenginejournal.com
- A Modern Guide to Social Media Content Marketing, Part 1: Introduction, www.adweek.com
- Comment Marketing: How to Earn Benefits from Community Participation, moz.com
- Don’t Feed the Trolls Part II: Facebook, www.searchinfluence.com
- How To Change The Owner Of A Facebook Ad Account, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Instagram accounts for 92pc of brand social interactions, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Slow Medicine for Brands in the Social Era, adage.com
- Snapchat: Still Growing Strong, www.adweek.com
- ‘Consumers will rebel’: Publishers face creative challenges with Facebook’s mid-roll video ads, digiday.com
- A Marketplace Correction Is Coming To Video CPMs, adexchanger.com
- eMarketer Releases New Estimates for Video Audience Worldwide, www.emarketer.com
- Facebook May Have Just Ushered in a New Era for Mobile Video, contently.com
- How Red Bull Quietly Changed its Video Marketing Strategy, tubularinsights.com
- Making a 360 Video: The Associated Press Covers the Chelsea Bombing in New York City, media.fb.com
- Publishers see short-form video views on Facebook cut in half, digiday.com
- YouTube Desktop Notifications, Now For Everyone, googlesystem.blogspot.com