Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Instagram’s new tools, Marketo goes private & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Official: Instagram will tell brands how many times their organic posts are shown
May 31, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s new tools for brands with business profiles include a way to track posts’ impressions counts and break down follower bases.
- 7 essential Google Analytics reports every marketer must know
May 31, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
You may be using Google Analytics, but are you using it to its full potential? Contributor Khalid Saleh lays out 7 key reports with which every marketer should be familiar.
- Share conversions and remarketing lists across paid search accounts
May 31, 2016 by Amy Bishop
Managing multiple search accounts for a single domain doesn’t have to mean juggling tons of conversion and remarketing tags. Contributor Amy Bishop shares steps to seamlessly share data across accounts without cluttering your website’s code with duplicative tags.
- Brand queries: the AdWords performance illusion
May 31, 2016 by Tim Mayer
If your AdWords optimization efforts are focused toward terms and ads you credit with last-click conversions, you’re not alone. But columnist Tim Mayer contends you’re being shortsighted.
- Marketo goes private so it can concentrate on its platform’s future
May 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
The acquisition by a tech-focused private equity firm gives the marketing automation provider the flexibility to reinvent its platform for enterprises.
- The 7 habits of highly effective digital marketers: agile skill sets
May 31, 2016 by Jim Yu
Are you an agile marketer? Jim Yu discusses the convergence of digital marketing disciplines and the hybrid skills that you’ll need to thrive.
- Efficiency and arbitrage: two strategies to own performance marketing
May 31, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
In an increasingly efficient world, what works today won’t work tomorrow. So what should marketers do? Columnist David Rodnitzky discusses some key tactics.
- Report: Ad blocking users more than double in a year to almost 420 million globally
May 31, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The most popular form of mobile ad blocking is now browser-based.
- Demystifying the display advertising landscape
May 30, 2016 by Brad Bender
Confused by the display advertising landscape? You’re not alone. Columnist and Googler Brad Bender simplifies this complex topic and dives into the three components of programmatic buying that you should know.
- [WATCH] ML Live #15: Big AdWords/PPC news from Google, Twitter changes its 140 limit & more
May 30, 2016 by Matt McGee
In the latest Marketing Land Live, we recap all the news from the Google Performance Summit, talk about Facebook’s ad changes and Twitter’s move to change how it counts 140 characters.
- Facebook plans to close LiveRail ad exchange to focus on Audience Network
May 27, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The news comes after Facebook announced Audience Network will expand to reach non-Facebook users on mobile apps and websites.
- Amazon’s EchoSim lets anyone talk to its voice assistant, Alexa
May 27, 2016 by Matt McGee
Browser-based tool is built for developers, but anyone with an Amazon account can see what it’s like to talk to Amazon’s Alexa devices.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- True performance baselines & ROI for SEO without attribution modeling
- 3 Google AdWords hacks to drive high-quality leads
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Google Analytics User ID Strategies for Sites with Limited or No Login, Luna Metrics
- The Limits of Analytics, Web Analytics World
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Simple Tricks To Make More Money From Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- Pros And Cons of Multisite WordPress (And How to Install on a Local Xampp), www.wpexplorer.com
- Apple TV’s App Store now hiding installed apps on top charts, appleinsider.com
- Facebook planning encrypted version of its Messenger bot, sources say, www.theguardian.com
- Recently confirmed Myspace hack could be the largest yet, TechCrunch
- Add Earned Media to Your Content Marketing Strategy, Content Marketing Institute
- What Should Your Content Marketing Priorities Be in 2016?, Content Marketing Institute
- Conversion Rate Optimization: Why Now is the Best Time to Get Started, Crazy Egg
- How to Increase Conversion Rates on Google Shopping Feeds, KISS Metrics
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Copywriting in the Content Era: A Guide for Writers Starting Out, MarketingProfs
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Inside AdSense: [VIDEO] You’re In Control, Inside AdSense
- Whitepaper: Is Viewability Valuable?, blog.exponential.com
- .Store Passes 500+ Sunrise Registrations With 5 Days to Go, The Domains
- .VIP continues to roll, .Store has solid sunrise, Domain Name Wire
- .XYZ Planning “biggest sale the domain world has ever seen”, DomainInvesting.com
- 5 Shipping Lessons from Large Ecommerce Companies, Practical Ecommerce
- Rocket Internet releases selective details on e-commerce sales, internetretailer.com
- A third of new cellular customers last quarter were cars, www.recode.net
- Has CNN created the worst ever mobile ad experience?, eConsultancy
- Mobile paves the way for multi-retailer loyalty adoption in US, Mobile Commerce Daily
- One month in: What CNN has learned from Facebook Messenger bots, Digiday
- Relay Media Announces AMP Platform for Publishers, www.relaymedia.com
- What the Heck is ‘Conversational Commerce?,’ Part II (video), blog.kelseygroup.com
- Iran orders social media sites to store data inside country, Reuters
- 5 Instagram Changes: What Marketers Need to Know, Social Media Examiner
- A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding Social Media Customers, www.conversocial.com
- The Biggest Mistakes CEOs Make With Their Personal Facebook Accounts, Wall Street Journal
- Introducing Comment Moderation, medium.com
- Why Video is Changing Everything for Traditional Media, Reel SEO