Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Instagram Tops Twitter In Brand Engagement, Email Design Tips & Holiday E-Commerce Report
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Target Teams With Improv Everywhere For Elaborate Christmas Carol Stunt
The retailer orchestrates a feel-good stunt for a video distributed via email, social media and PR channels.
- Instagram Is Still Trouncing Twitter In Brand Engagement
Data from analytics firm Socialbakers shows a nearly 50x engagement advantage for Instagram over Twitter.
- E-Mail Study: Call It Black Friday Or Cyber Monday, But Don’t Use “Cyber Week”
Yesmail says “Cyber Week” may not have created a sense of urgency in shoppers.
- 3 Ways Mobile Shopping & Email Marketing Help Win The Holidays & Beyond
Email and mobile have been major players this holiday season, and columnist Jordan Elkind discusses what this means for marketers.
- Sharethrough Launches Native Advertising Cards Across Mobile Sites And Apps
Once limited to leading social platforms, Sharethrough is enabling cards across its publisher network.
- The Road To Email Design Superstardom & A Look Into The Future
Want to be more innovative with your email design in 2015? Contributor Andrew King shares important considerations.
- Holiday E-Commerce Rose Just 8 Percent YoY In 2nd Week Of December
Retailers will be looking for a repeat of 2013′s “Procrastinator Pop”.
- Rumor: Twitter To Check Into A Partnership With Foursquare For 2015
A partnership between Twitter and Foursquare could help both services boost their offerings in the ongoing quest for social domination.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Releases Update To AdWords Editor Version 11 With CTR Bug Fix
- Bing Predicts 2015 To Be The Year Of The Wearables
- Top Google Doodles Of 2014: World Cup & Winter Olympics Logos Lead The List
- How Google News Lives On In Spain Despite Being Closed
- Do You Hate “Not Provided”? Not So Fast… It May Be a Blessing In Disguise!
- Call For Entries: 2015 Canadian Internet Marketing Awards
- Google Testing Image Thumbnails In Mobile Search Results?
- SearchCap: Google Top Searches, Nest In Google Now & Google News In Spain Closes?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Pinnacle Awards Finalists at Affiliate Summit West 2015, affiliatetip.com
- Tips for Measuring Engagement on Social, www.socialbakers.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 100 Lessons Learned from 10 Years of Blogging, www.quicksprout.com
- 51 Blogging And Publishing Platforms To Showcase Your Awesomeness, www.minterest.org
- What the New EU VAT MOSS Legislation Means for Bloggers and How to Manage It Effectively, www.blogherald.com
- Confirmed: Snapchat Turned Down More Than $3 Billion Last Year, valleywag.gawker.com
- Facebook engineering VP Cory Ondrejka departs after overseeing Oculus acquisition, venturebeat.com
- PayPal Global Strategy Chief Jumps to Facebook, blogs.wsj.com
- Reddit bans users for sharing hacked Sony documents, www.theguardian.com
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel On Email Hacks: “Our Work Has Been Violated And Exposed”, techcrunch.com
- What Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has against Gwyneth Paltrow, qz.com
- 21 Questions To Help You Define Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.b2bmarketinginsider.com
- 5 Easy Ways To Inject Life Into Your Editorial Calendar, blog.visual.ly
- How to Improve Your Content Promotion in 10 Words (or Less), www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Content Marketer’s Guide to LinkedIn Sponsored Updates, contently.com
- What I Learned While Co-Writing Content Marketing Works, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 5 Easy Ways To Instantly Create Urgency With Your Lead Pages, www.offervault.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 17 crucial web design trends for 2015, econsultancy.com
- 6 Strategies for a Powerful About Page, menwithpens.ca
- Boring Copywriting Can KILL Your Business!, www.cloudsurfingmedia.com
- Designing a UI to Generate Real Business Value, uxmag.com
- So It’s Finally Time To Redesign Your Website, blog.crazyegg.com
- Human glitch lets hackers into ICANN, domainincite.com
- The Publisher’s Guide To Domain Spoofing, www.adexchanger.com
- 4 Content Marketing Trends in 2015, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 Important Checkout Lessons From Frys.com, conversionscientist.com
- 6 Common Checkout Mistakes No One Should Make, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How To Stay Ahead Of Retail Industry Changes, blog.zogdigital.com
- Shoppers are spending more on cosmetics online, www.internetretailer.com
- Top 5 Ecommerce Case Studies to Supercharge Your Advertising in 2015, www.nanigans.com
- 10 Tips for Better Cart Abandonment Emails, www.revenews.com
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Non-Profit Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- Assists in Inbox: An extra helping hand for your Reminders, Official Gmail Blog
- How to boost sales with email automation and smart integration, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- What You Can Learn From the Best Marketer of the Year, contently.com
- Why B-to-B Marketing Is More Fun than B-to-C, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- eXelate Reaches Technology Milestone With 15 Trillionth Unique Audience Segment Created, www.marketwired.com
- Former eBay Executive Jimmy Duvall Joins Hootsuite as Vice President of Product, blog.hootsuite.com
- Apple Pay’s growth increases pressure on retailers to jump on board, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Can Blackberry Catch A Break?, techcrunch.com
- Mobile marketing & commerce trends from 2014 & into 2015, econsultancy.com
- The mobile holiday rush continues, www.internetretailer.com
- The Top Three Mobile Marketing Trends to Watch in 2015, www.marketingprofs.com
- Want Successful Mobile Ads?, www.emarketer.com
- 200M+ Facebook Users Say Thanks, allfacebook.com
- 30 things you must do on Pinterest to beautify your business in 2015, blog.getresponse.com
- 4 Parts of Social Media That Are Constantly Evolving (And How to Adapt), blog.hootsuite.com
- 5 Types of Marketing Intel You Can Get from Facebook Insights, www.paveya.com
- 7 Tips to Improve Your Social Media Posts, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Little Used Technique To Grow Twitter Followers Fast, www.jeffbullas.com
- Anatomy of a Perfect Facebook Post, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Be #Thankful for Social Media Influencers This Holiday Season, relevance.com
- Break the Social Media Value Chain in 2015, adage.com
- Facebook Ad Update Increases Conversion Rates, performinsider.com
- Facebook is Testing an Official Way to Sell Goods in Groups, thenextweb.com
- Facebook’s Rooms App Gets Explore Button, allfacebook.com
- Five tips for using Twitter’s keyword targeting in timeline, Twitter Blog
- How to Build a Successful Social Media Marketing Funnel, www.techwyse.com
- Research Shows Photos on Facebook Over-Index Engagement, simplymeasured.com
- Social Commerce for Social Networks, www.razorsocial.com
- Social Media Content: Pros, Cons, Examples and Best Practices, www.toprankblog.com
- Social Media Time-Saving Tips: How to Find More Time, blog.bufferapp.com
- Twitter And Foursquare Partnership in 2015, Business Insider
- What’s the Best Social Media Strategy In Your Industry?, www.wordstream.com
- Why I Will Never Automate Social Media, www.evolvingseo.com
- Why you shouldn’t send holiday cards on LinkedIn, qz.com
- 2015 Will Be the Year of Video Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Social Media Video Content Tips For Stellar Results, heidicohen.com
- Digital Video Viewers Keep Eyes on PCs, www.emarketer.com
- How to Build YouTube Subscribers: An Inspiring Story From a Niche Brand, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How-to Get the Most YouTube Video Views Via Facebook, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube Challenger Vessel Details Subscription, Ad-Supported Service, blogs.wsj.com