Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: An interactive history, Amazon Prime Day & Google’s My Activity site
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Ads on digital billboards are now being triggered by four speeds of passing traffic
Jun 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
New campaign for Dannon Yogurt goes beyond previous message-changing based only on “slow” and “fast” traffic.
- Why the digital advertising ecosystem loves native
Jun 30, 2016 by James Smith
Columnist James Smith explains why native advertising is a win for consumers, publishers and advertisers.
- Why your content marketing program could be failing
Jun 30, 2016 by Drew Eastmead
From the blueprint to the foundation, content marketing is a lot like building a house, says columnist Drew Eastmead. He explains why all the steps in the process are needed to create a strong content marketing program.
- An interactive history: How Google, Facebook & Twitter finally won over brands & TV ad dollars
Jun 30, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Charting digital’s efforts to bring bigger brand budgets online.
- Court: Viacom, not Google, on the hook for tracking kids’ behavior online
Jun 30, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Under the federal Video Privacy Protection Act, only parties that disclose protected information can be sued, not those that received the information.
- Amazon confirms Prime Day will return on July 12
Jun 30, 2016 by Matt McGee
After complaints about product choices last year, Amazon promises more than 100,000 deals this year, plus a full week of sales leading up to Prime Day.
- Google’s new My Activity and Ads Personalization seek to make ads better, provide more user control over data
Jun 30, 2016 by Greg Sterling
A pragmatic mix of good policy and self-interest, My Activity and Ads Personalization give users more control and help enable more sophisticated ad targeting.
- Now feel this: Immersion releases “first haptic design toolkit”
Jun 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its TouchSense Design Cloud allows marketers to create their own touch feedback for mobile video ads.
- SMX Advanced 2016 recap: Harnessing SEM analytics for smarter automation
Jun 29, 2016 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson provides tips and advice from PPC experts on how search marketers can make SEM automation work for them.
- Ask The SEOs at SMX Advanced
Jun 29, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Unable to attend SMX Advanced this year? Columnist Andrew Shotland recaps the “Ask The SEOs” session for those who missed it.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Learn how to drive more conversions with “The Digital Marketer’s Guide to Call Attribution”
- What the heck is going on with Google Keyword Planner?
- SMX Advanced recap: Using Paid Search & Social Together to Deliver the Ultimate Knockout Punch
- How e-commerce SEO matters in strategic redesign of web shops
- Google Maps Android users get multi-stop directions & new Your Timeline features
- SMX Advanced recap: Dr. Pete’s Guide To The Changing Google SERPs
- Leverage the power of IBM Watson in your AdWords campaigns
- Google now offers real time earthquake information in search results
- New in Google PLAs: “Special Offers” filter & an ad that links to a new Shopping page layout
- Search for Okay Google commands available in Google Search App
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- VIP Content Service: Affiliate and Beyond, blog.cj.com
- The Smoke and Mirrors of Enterprise Social Networking Metrics, www.cmswire.com
- Amazon Data Center to Open in U.K. Despite Brexit, adage.com
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is writing his first book, qz.com
- Spotify says Apple won’t approve a new version of its app because it doesn’t want competition for Apple Music, www.recode.net
- Content Marketing 101 Webinar: The Art of Storytelling, contently.com
- How programmatic capabilities have standardized and scaled native, digiday.com
- How to Create Revenue-Generating B2B Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Turn Undervalued Content into Content Marketing Gold, www.toprankblog.com
- Three Critical B2B Content Constituencies, www.marketingprofs.com
- What is the future of content marketing?, econsultancy.com
- How to Find and Fix Issues in Your Marketing Funnel, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How To Use Interactivity to Increase Engagement (and Conversions), conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Hire a Killer Copywriter, smallbiztrends.com
- Watch out designers: AI design bots are getting better at building websites, qz.com
- Amazon Begins Selling Perishable Private-Label Foods, www.wsj.com
- Shoppers are more likely to browse on mobile, buy on desktop, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Fast Ways to Turn Your Social Followers Into Email Subscribers, movableink.com
- Emailing the super rich? Here are 10 lessons I learned, www.luxurydaily.com
General Internet Marketing
- Five challenges of programmatic that CMOs must understand, econsultancy.com
- How to Create a Core Message, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Why You Need to Understand Ad Retargeting And How to Use It, kinsta.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Famous Four Media is now the second largest ngTLD operator in the world, www.realwire.com
- Introducing Data Integrations from Branch, blog.branch.io
- Nokia Real-Time Mobile Network Analytics provides instant correlation of network-wide data and its impact on customer experience, company.nokia.com
- PubNative Launches New Native Mediation Solution for Mobile Publishers, www.marketwired.com
- ScribbleLive Demonstrates Strong Momentum in Content Marketing, Expands Executive Talent to Help Drive Further Growth, www.marketwired.com
- MarTech bigwigs on the Brexit referendum, www.martechadvisor.com
- Think my marketing tech landscape is too big? It’s missing 1,900 firms, chiefmartec.com
- 66% of people have used a messaging app to communicate with businesses, venturebeat.com
- Almost nobody pays for virtual goods in apps, but those who do shell out a lot, qz.com
- Google reveals Android N is named Nougat, venturebeat.com
- IAB: New Ad Format Is User Friendly, adage.com
- Top 10 luxury brand mobile marketers of Q2, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Free Ways to Build Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Do You Understand Your Brand DNA?, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 50 Social Media Tips You Can Use Now, heidicohen.com
- 6 Ways Handmade Businesses Benefit from a Branded Facebook Group, smallbiztrends.com
- 7 Ways Facebook’s Big Algorithm Change Will Affect Marketers and Publishers, contently.com
- Facebook Publishers Place Faith In Algorithm Change, adexchanger.com
- Instagram’s Evolution As A Business Platform, www.fastcompany.com
- Is Snapchat Growing Faster Than Instagram?, www.adweek.com
- Nearly One-Third of the World Will Use Social Networks Regularly This Year, www.emarketer.com
- Pinterest bets on shopping bag feature to corner social media commerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- REPORT: As Facebook’s Algorithm Changes, How Brands Use the Network, simplymeasured.com
- Snapchat and Tumblr: Platforms for Innovation in Social Media Marketing, www.adweek.com
- What marketers need to know about Facebook’s latest News Feed update, econsultancy.com
- As Publisher Reach on Facebook Goes Down, Video Is Going Way Up, www.adweek.com
- How Brands and SMBs Are Using Video Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Press Play on TrueView Video Ads for Performance, adwords.googleblog.com
- Programmatic Video: A Spectrum of Automation, www.iab.com
- Survey: 55 Percent of SMBs Say Video Marketing a Must, smallbiztrends.com
- The Rise Of Addressable Video And Banner-Ad Bans, adexchanger.com
- Video Is Becoming an Important Part of Social Engagement, www.adweek.com