Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Link building, Snapchat analytics & Virool’s Vertical Video Exchange
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Where does your programmatic spend go?
Apr 12, 2017 by Grace Kaye
Unsure about how your programmatic spending is being converted into media inventory? Columnist Grace Kaye breaks down the costs of a typical programmatic campaign so that you don’t have to be left in the dark.
- The Secret to Driving Facebook and Display Ad ROI
Apr 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital ad spend is now being evaluated and optimized on the basis of online-to-offline impact. And in today’s smartphone world, that means phone calls. Join digital advertising and call conversion experts from Brandmuscle and DialogTech to learn proven strategies that will improve ROI and help you acquire more customers from Facebook and display.
- Link building: Preliminary research and analysis
Apr 12, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
Columnist Andrew Dennis outlines the research necessary to provide a solid foundation for your link-building strategy.
- Snapchat will tell brands how many people saw their ads, then visited their stores, restaurants
Apr 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat is measuring how many visitors its ads send brick-and-mortar locations and giving brands new ways to drive that foot traffic from the app.
- Virool’s new Vertical Video Exchange opens vertical video ad inventory to over 150 DSPs
Apr 12, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The exchange aims to expand programmatic access to mobile video inventory beyond Snapchat and Facebook.
- Is Google really keeping fake listings off Google Maps?
Apr 12, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
A recent study released by Google claims that fewer than 0.5% of local searches lead to fake listings. But is this number misleading? Columnist and local search expert Joy Hawkins takes a deep dive.
- Just released: 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors survey results
Apr 12, 2017 by Matt McGee
After taking a year off, latest version of survey again features educated opinions from almost 40 local search experts.
- Cost-per-visit ad models, offline verification set to shake up online advertising
Apr 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Placed CEO David Shim says demand for offline attribution at a tipping point.
- Innovid teams with Tapad to target video ads at users across devices
Apr 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
This is the first time Innovid can follow an individual from device to device, and the first partnership by Tapad with a global ad provider.
- The first Forrester Wave on Digital Intelligence tools tackles customer interaction
Apr 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
Adobe reigns above the others, but no tool covers all 15 capabilities — yet.
- 5 pragmatic — and powerful — places to improve CX right now
Apr 12, 2017 by Brent Sleeper
When it comes to making a big impact on the customer experience, the 80/20 rule has never been truer. So pick the right battles and get started, advises contributor Brent Sleeper.
- Attend MarTech for vendor-agnostic, graduate-level marketing, technology & management insights
Apr 11, 2017 by Marketing Land
MarTech is different in a couple of key ways that make it a must-attend experience for marketing leaders. MarTech is independent and not owned by a vendor. We don’t have axes to grind (or sales targets to meet) when it comes to any technology or platform.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Meet These Single Moms That Created Successful Blogs, The Blog Herald
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Outlines How He Tries to Keep Retail Giant in Startup Mode, Wall Street Journal
- Snapdeal insiders all stand to lose if it’s acquired by Flipkart, but who will be the biggest loser?, Quartz
- To the moon: Amazon is on track to crack $1,000, Wall Street predicts, USA Today
- B2B Enterprise Marketers are Inching Toward Sophisticated Content Marketing, KoMarketing
- Content Planning for the Win: 10 Expert Tips to Keep Your Audience Engaged Again & Again, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Demystify Content Funnels and Take Action, 97th Floor
- Four examples of brands using educational content marketing, Econsultancy
- How Small B2B Content Strategy Teams Win, Pushing Social
- Want to Go Viral? Try Being Nice, Adweek
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Optimize Your WordPress Website For Performance and UX, Authority Labs
- This $20 billion company uses a new TLD for its website, and…, Domain Name Wire
- 13 examples of dark patterns in ecommerce checkouts, Econsultancy
- Amazon Prime Has Room to Grow in the UK, eMarketer
- Amazon Will Account for Half of All E-Commerce Sales by 2021, Fortune
- Wal-Mart to Discount Some Online Orders When Picked Up at the Store, Wall Street Journal
- 10 Email Marketing Do’s and Don’ts, Movable Ink Blog
- 10 Eye-Opening Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know, Constant Contact
- 3 Email List Building Techniques You Need To Use in 2017, Problogger
- How to Align Email Marketing to The Buyer’s Journey (With Examples), Kiss Metrics
- How to Create Emails People Actually Want to Spend Time With, Shopify Plus
- How to Write Compelling Email Content Customers Want to Read, MarketingProfs
- Steal These 5 Subject Line Tips for Increasing Your Email Open Rates, Jeff Bullas
General Internet Marketing
- As The Facebook-Google Duopoly Fragments, Agencies Win, AdExchanger
- Digital Marketing Channels Small Businesses Use & Invest In, MarketingProfs
- How Millennials Are Shaping the Future of Marketing, The Data & Marketing Association
- It’s Time for Marketers to Change How They Select and Reward Influencers, Adweek
- Oh How the Tables Have Turned: What B2C Marketers Can Learn From B2B, CMS Wire
- What Works: Words of Wisdom from 6 Top CMOs, Social Media Explorer
- Why Ad Agencies Shouldn’t Fear Facebook’s Creative Shop, Fast Company
Internet Marketing Industry
- Blis and TVTY Partnership Enables Brands to Launch Personalised Location-Based Ads Using Real-Time Event ‘Triggers’, Blis
- Socialbakers Suite Is Here!, Social Bakers
- Swyft Media Adds Self-Service Capability to Mobile Engagement Platform, Introduces Clickable Stickers, Retargeting and Third-Party Metric Validation Features, Business Wire
- 4 Technologies Every Marketer Should Know, MarTech Advisor
- 6 areas to make your martech stack work with people, processes and data, Chief Marketing Technologist
- B2B’s Marketing Technology Toolkit Is Maturing Fast, eMarketer
- Building Blocks: Christine Heckart, CMO at Brocade Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Do CMOs Really Spend More on MarTech Than CIOs? A New Study Says No, MarTech Advisor
- AMP For Retailers: Is It Worth It?, Smashing Magazine
- It’s A Personal Thing: How to Make Your Mobile Marketing More Human, Small Biz Trends
- Advanced WordPress Facebook Group Moves to Curb Low Quality Content with Admin-Approved Posts, WordPress Tavern
- Facebook and the Poynter Institute Teamed Up on the Facebook for Journalists Certificate, Adweek
- Facebook For B2B: 6 Reasons It’s Right, MarTech Advisor
- Facebook for WooCommerce: Pixel and Dynamic Ads Integration, Jon Loomer Digital
- Facebook Messenger Now Has More Than 1.2 Million Monthly Active Users, Adweek
- Facebook Moments gets a standalone website, TechCrunch
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content Ad Types: How Do They Differ?, 3Q Digital
- The 10 Highest Celebrity Endorsement Rates On Instagram, MediaKix
- The 10 Plagues of Social Media, Heidi Cohen
- 4 Ways to Increase YouTube Watch Time, Social Media Examiner
- China live streaming: Would-be internet stars boost billion-dollar market, Reuters
- Get the best seat in the house and watch Coachella live exclusively on YouTube, Official YouTube Blog
- How Luxury Brands Perform Differently When it Comes to Online Video [Report], Tubular Insights
- On Facebook, live tech shows are hot, Digiday
- The Live Blog: April 11, 2017, Facebook Media