Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- TheFind Gives Us A “Glimpse” Of A New Social Shopping Experience On Facebook
Over the past several months there have been a number of stories about how retailers and brands are shuttering their Facebook stores because no one was paying attention. The outlook would thus appear to be dimming for so-called “F-commerce.” However earlier this week shopping site TheFind launched a social shopping app (soon to be an iPad app [...]
- I Will Follow You, Will You Follow Me?
Facebook may have its friends, Google Plus its circles, but Twitter has always used the ambiguous term “follower.” Odd, only because a follower could bring to mind one of those unfortunate people that drank the grape Flavor Aid with Jim Jones. But pool-side in Cancun, you might catch your significant other following an attractive person [...]
- Enough With Google+ification, Says Wil Wheaton — YouTube Doesn’t Need It
Google+ification is the term I’ve been using for several months about how Google has been shoving Google+ into all things Google. It’s part of Google’s “social layer” strategy. It’s also something one of its most popular users, actor Wil Wheaton, has had enough with. Thumbs Down To Google+ Like Watching a YouTube video yesterday, Wheaton [...]
- 5 Minutes To A Bigger Email Audience
Email marketing is a highly effective way to make sales. Hopefully, you have a web form set up to invite your site visitors to subscribe. But what does your form look like, and what does it say? Do visitors respond well to it, or do they ignore it? Would a different form do better? By [...]
- Yahoo Rolls Out Small Business Marketing Dashboard
Though Yahoo has handed over its search and PPC advertising business to Microsoft, the company still provides services to small businesses such as web hosting. ecommerce through Yahoo stores, and domain registration. As part of its suite of tools, the company today rolled out a small business marketing dashboard — meant as a one-stop shop [...]
- Twitter Adds More Personalization On The ‘Discover’ Tab To Improve Content Discovery
Twitter continues its long-running effort to help users discover content with Tuesday’s announcement that the Discover tab is using more personalization signals. In its blog post, Twitter says that the content showing on the Discover tab is being sourced, in part, by algorithms identifying tweets that are popular among the user you follow, and the [...]
- Facebook ‘Roadshow’ Begins, IPO Set For May 18
The Wall Street Journal reports that the Facebook IPO is set now for May 18. Prior to that date Facebook executives will be on a roadshow selling the IPO to brokerages and institutional investors. According to the Journal CEO Mark Zuckerberg ”will make some appearance on the roadshow, though he won’t attend all meetings.” The heavy lifting will [...]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Goes Search-Retro With Cleaner Look For Results
- Microsoft Advertising Is Becoming “Bing” For SMBs
- How To Combine Search Retargeting & Keyword Contextual Targeting To Reach More In Market Searchers
- No SMX Advanced Ticket? Here Are Your Options
- Advanced Landing Page Techniques: Searcher Personas
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Headlines will resume tomorrow, our apologies for the omission today.