Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Mobile vertical video ads, Facebook canvas ads & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Startup Hi-Fi launches mobile news feed of publisher content, selectable by hashtags
Jun 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
These “Tag Topics,” the company said, let publishers control their content and mobile users control their info overload.
- Unruly, Moat & News Corp join up to launch new mobile vertical video ad format
Jun 20, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In addition to the new vertical video ads, Unruly announced its “Vertical Video Collective” – a network of mobile-first, vertical video creators.
- 3 digital marketing opportunities for franchises
Jun 20, 2016 by Jason Decker
Columnist Jason Decker explores often-neglected tactics that can give you an edge in a local market.
- Facebook’s web app-like Canvas ads can now run as organic Page posts
Jun 20, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will let Page owners use the interactive Canvas ad format for organic Page posts in a bid to get people to spend more time in the social network.
- What your boss actually wants from your local search reports
Jun 20, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Do you ever find your eyes glazing over when putting together and presenting your regular local search reports? Columnist Lydia Jorden explains how to develop a revenue-based report that will be sure to impress both your client and your boss.
- Overcome 14 common challenges digital agencies and media companies face
Jun 20, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Every agency and media company today faces a growing list of challenges that keep them from entering or sustaining success in the local digital space.
- Facebook keynote opens Marketing Land’s Social Pro conference
Jun 20, 2016 by Matt McGee
Wei Kuan Lum, Facebook’s Head of SMB Business Marketing, to talk about where the company is headed and what it’ll mean and offer for marketers.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #18: Apple’s WWDC news, MSFT buys LinkedIn, Facebook “all video” & more
Jun 20, 2016 by Matt McGee
Will Facebook’s News Feed someday be all video? Will Siri’s move to desktop impact Google? Will Microsoft and LinkedIn be a good marriage? Those topics and more are discussed in our latest weekly video show.
- Mobile ad networks: Can’t live with ’em, can’t live without ’em (a survival guide)
Jun 20, 2016 by Craig Weinberg
DSP, SSP… Sometimes it feels like a bewildering blur of acronyms. Columnist Craig Weinberg is here to help with an explanation of the main types of networks and their pros and cons.
- Can you trust your media buying agency?
Jun 20, 2016 by Ratko Vidakovic
In the wake of the recent ANA investigation into media agency transparency, columnist Ratko Vidakovic covers the key findings that marketers must know.
- Google’s Optimize 360 creates exciting opportunities for testing & personalization
Jun 20, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
Google’s Analytics 360 Suite offers a bevy of new solutions for enterprise marketers. Columnist Nick Iyengar walks you through his favorite, Optimize 360, and explains how to get started and what it can do for you.
- LISTEN: SocialPro Conference Preview Podcast
Jun 20, 2016 by Marketing Land
Marketing Land’s Social Media reporter Tim Peterson chats with special guest speakers from our SocialPro Conference happening in Seattle, Washington, Monday and Tuesday June 20-21st.
- Twitter advertisers to get stats on video performance
Jun 17, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
A partnership with Innovid gives Twitter video advertisers video analytics such as views, engagement and more.
- Facebook makes it clearer when an Instant Article is an advertorial
Jun 17, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is adding brands’ logos to Instant Articles advertorial bylines in an effort to make marketers more visible and the format more attractive to them.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Paging Dr. Google: Google rolls out symptom-related direct answers on mobile
- In the age of the empowered consumer, you don’t manage the journey, your customers do
- The most important question to ask in local SEO
- The voice search explosion and how it will change local search
- Father’s Day Google doodle follows in same footsteps as Mother’s Day doodle
- Google AdWords testing click to SMS ad extension
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Best practices for affiliate marketing on Pinterest, www.internetretailer.com
- The importance of affiliate disclosure, blog.affiliatewindow.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Essential Imaging Tools For Successful Bloggers, www.jeffbullas.com
- 2x Your Blog Writing Productivity and Reduce Your Stress by Single-Tasking, www.problogger.net
- 5 tips for beating writer’s block, www.branded3.com
- Get Your Blog On: 4 Steps to Blogging Success, blog.marketo.com
- Lionbridge Integrates its Industry-Leading onDemand Translation Platform with WordPress, www.lionbridge.com
- Ev Williams is The Forrest Gump of the Internet, www.theatlantic.com
- How Yahoo derailed Tumblr, mashable.com
- LeEco acquires Santa Clara property from Yahoo for $250 million where it could house more than 12,000 workers, www.bizjournals.com
- 36 Calls For Content Marketing Help, marketingthink.com
- 6 Simple Tweaks to Help You Create Content That’s More Effective, smallbiztrends.com
- Content Marketing Staffing Trends for 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
- How User Segmentation Really Works in Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- More Americans at Digital than Newspapers: How to Stay Ahead, www.newswhip.com
- Three Journalist Traits Every Content Marketer Should Have, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Proven Formulas for High-Converting Landing Page Headlines, www.wordstream.com
- How trust factors influence online sales and conversions, www.internetretailer.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Can You Teach AI To Design? Wix Thinks So, www.fastcodesign.com
- Want to Improve Customer Experience? Ask Your Customers for Help, www.cmswire.com
- 5 Trends That Are Radically Reshaping Shopper Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Amazon’s third bookstore goes to bookish Oregon, USA Today
- Online retailers get the picture: Video works, www.internetretailer.com
- What Do You Do When Your Customers Are Afraid To Shop Online?, conversionxl.com
- How Brands Can Win in today’s New Era of Programmatic Email, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Wow Your Prospects on Your Website and in The Inbox, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Personalization, Email Newsletters and the Future of Email Marketing, movableink.com
- Using Email to Acquire New Customers, www.practicalecommerce.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Dangerous Myths About Influencer Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- How should your digital marketing team be structured?, www.econsultancy.com
- Understanding the Importance of Personalization in Digital Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Dirty Little Secret of Marketing Tech, adage.com
- A Roadmap To Building A Delightful Onboarding Experience For Mobile App Users, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Boost your mobile performance with the right ad sizes, adsense.googleblog.com
- Is Google AMP Really A Silver Bullet for Mobile Content?, www.cmswire.com
- Mobile Ads Are ‘Disastrous’ Afterthought, adage.com
- Shopping apps slim down, running risk of inhibiting experience, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The 4 Mobile App Campaign Types You Need To Know, www.ppchero.com
- With apps, brands are creating mobile storefronts for millennials, digiday.com
- Pew Report: The Terrifying State of the News Media Business, www.theatlantic.com
- How Effective Is Your Online Reputation Management?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Three-step Online Reputation Management Primer, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 11 Simple Edits to Improve Your Social Media Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Ways to Grow Your LinkedIn Group, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Social Branding Dos and Don’ts, www.adweek.com
- Essential Guide to Social Media Marketing Across Generations, www.socialbakers.com
- Everything marketers need to know about Snapchat’s new ad announcements, www.econsultancy.com
- Instagram for Lead Gen or B2B: It Works, and Here’s How, 3qdigital.com
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Tweet, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat And Facebook Fight To Get Users And Brands To Overshare, www.fastcompany.com
- Snapchat says it has basically replaced TV for millennials, qz.com
- Twitter Bio Search: 4 Useful Tools, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Why Boosting Facebook Posts Is Not So Bad After All, www.problogger.net
- 3 Facebook Live Examples That Generated Sales, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Digital Video Advertising to Grow at Annual Double-Digit Rates, www.emarketer.com
- Enhancing Viewing Experience: The Next Stage in Video Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Four Ways That Publishers Can Use Twitter Video, www.newswhip.com
- Increasing our Investment in Machine Learning, www.Twitter.com
- Live Streaming for Business: Former CEO Of As Seen On TV Shares Insights, smallbiztrends.com
- Marketers Are Slowly Experimenting With Audio in Their Snapchat and Facebook Videos, www.adweek.com
- Publishers are joining forces for Facebook Live videos, digiday.com
- Tumblr to launch live video on Tuesday, techcrunch.com
- Your art, our science: Video creative that drives impact on YouTube, adwordsagency.blogspot.com