Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Snapchat Discover update, Facebook launches Delivery Insights & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snapchat Discover’s caption button makes videos audio-agnostic
Mar 23, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat has added a closed-captioning button to its Discover section so that publishers can make their videos audio-optional.
- Facebook launches Delivery Insights to help advertisers make better ads
Mar 23, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New tool in Ads Manager spotlights underperforming ads and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Link building is a human endeavor
Mar 23, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
The secret to getting valuable, high-quality links? According to columnist Andrew Dennis, it’s one-on-one interaction with another person.
- Evangelizing organic search success: 5 steps to elevate performance
Mar 23, 2016 by Jim Yu
As an SEO professional, how can you improve your standing within an organization to achieve better results? The answer, according to columnist Jim Yu, lies in organic search evangelism.
- Local marketing: What is the true local web?
Mar 23, 2016 by Garrett French
Columnist Garrett French explains how local businesses can improve their online visibility by becoming a part of the local ecosystem, both online and off.
- 5 major changes that could revolutionize social media this year
Mar 23, 2016 by Timothy Carter
How will social media evolve in 2016? Contributor Timothy Carter discusses how several big tech trends might impact the social media space in the near future.
- 6 signs marketing is in a mobile engagement crisis
Mar 23, 2016 by Josh Todd
Columnist Josh Todd says the “good enough” approach to mobile is no longer an option. Marketers need to innovate and provide mobile audiences with a personalized, relevant experience.
- Marketing Land’s SocialPro is bigger and better. Save $300 today!
Mar 22, 2016 by Marketing Land
Marketing Land’s SocialPro is coming to Seattle June 20–21! SocialPro is the only conference crafted for those OBSESSED with social media marketing. Whether you’re an in-house marketer or a digital agency professional, you’ll learn tips and strategies to boost your performance on owned, earned or paid campaigns.
- #MarTech Conference: Marketers are going Agile to keep up with customers
Mar 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
Agile Marketing emerged in several panels and presentations at the MarTech conference as an increasingly popular work process for a fast-changing environment.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: Reducing your competition (Part 5 of 8)
- Google developing keyboard for iPhone in hopes of boosting search volumes [report]
- The essential metrics to analyze for keyword research success
- AdWords Search Exam gets an update: What you’ll need to know
- New benchmarks: Google AdWords cost per acquisition across 20 industries [study]
- Majestic to print the internet in 3-D in outer space
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Newsrooms Are Using Analytics to Grow Readership, www.newswhip.com
- How a Dental Company Is Building Its Brand With Content Marketing, adage.com
- How to Create Content That Earns Engagement, Trust, and Loyalty for Your Brand, moz.com
- Only 3 in 10 Rate Their Tech Content Marketing as Effective, www.cmswire.com
- The Mixology of Content Marketing, unbounce.com
- Unlocking The Power Of Local Content To Drive Engagement And Increase Revenue, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Why Content Marketing is Going Full Throttle, blog.marketo.com
- 4 Things to Keep in Mind to Ensure Increased Online Conversion, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 Killer Conversion Optimization Techniques That Improve Your Rankings, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- The Problem With Flat Design, According To A UX Expert, www.fastcodesign.com
- Google + 5 Registries Release Domain Test: “Developers Can Test Compatibility with new gTLD’s”, www.thedomains.com
- 7 Mistakes That Will Kill Your B2B Ecommerce Launch, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A Retailer’s Existential Question: Am I A Media Company?, adexchanger.com
- Amazon improves Alexa Voice Services, which lets developers add Alexa’s voice control to their own devices, techcrunch.com
- Ecommerce Turns into Mcommerce in China, www.emarketer.com
- FedEx relaunches Bongo International as FedEx CrossBorder, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Avoid These 5 Common Web Globalization Mistakes, multichannelmerchant.com
- Learn Your eCommerce Acquisition Funnel and the Website Insights Therein, 3qdigital.com
- Online retailers think inside the subscription box, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Reasons to Build a Newsletter Email List That Doesn’t Focus on Making Money, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 8 Brain Secrets That Will Turbocharge Email Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- Email Marketing 101: Determining the value of a subscriber, blog.movableink.com
- How to Use the Right Images in Your Email Design, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Survey asks customers: How much email is too much email?, www.retaildive.com
- This Study Shows Why Retailers Should Ramp Up Their Email Game for Millennials, www.adweek.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Tips for Successful Event-Triggered Marketing, www.tune.com
- Every Young Person Has the Potential to Be the Next CMO, adage.com
- Nine Ways to Cut the Fat From Your Performance Marketing Programs, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Sticky Introduces ‘Insight & Audit’ Platform to Measure and Optimize the Value of the Visual Web, www.marketwired.com
- Digital Advertising Pioneer Michael Twomey Joins Signal to Lead New People-Based Marketing Solution, www.marketwired.com
- Gigya Selected to Power Customer Identity Management for New Adobe Primetime OTT Video Streaming Offering, www.marketwired.com
- Lotame Releases Solution to Target TV Viewers Across Digital, www.marketwired.com
- SDL Appoints Adolfo Hernandez as Chief Executive Officer, www.businesswire.com
- Tely Chooses nFusion to Rebrand and Launch Challenger Product for Enterprise Space, www.marketwired.com
- Building Blocks: Mishel Justesen, Marketing Technology Manager at Armanino LLP Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- For Visa, Marketing Technology Is About Making Data Actionable, www.emarketer.com
- MarTech Maturity: The Platforms are the Problem, www.cmswire.com
- Google is making a keyboard for the iPhone, www.theverge.com
- Android Pay is coming to the UK, Google’s first market in Europe, in coming months, TechCrunch
- Customers (Especially Millennials) Hate When You Fail To Deliver Cross-Device Experiences, www.adweek.com
- Facebook joins WhatsApp in dropping BlackBerry support, techcrunch.com
- How Can Agencies and Brands Improve Their Facebook Ads? Think Mobile First, www.adweek.com
- Smaato: Share of In-App Mobile Ad Spending Increased 13% in 2015, www.adweek.com
- What makes retail apps succeed or fail?, www.usertesting.com
- 4 Twitter Tips That Even Experts Overlook, simplymeasured.com
- A Look Into the Hot Facebook Marketing Trends of 2016, www.adweek.com
- Foursquare’s Attribution Solution A Step In The Right Direction, But Still Leaves Gaps For Marketers, streetfightmag.com
- How to Use Competitive Social Monitoring on Twitter, www.convinceandconvert.com
- If You Want To Really Reach Gen Z, Snapchat Is The Way, www.adweek.com
- Instagram brings notifications to desktop users, digiday.com
- Is raw candor a good or bad thing in social media?, www.econsultancy.com
- Paid Advertising in Social Media Increases, Study Finds, smallbiztrends.com
- Pinterest Works to Pin Down Path to Wider International Audience, www.wsj.com
- Snapchat Is Running Billboard Ads That Only Its Users Will Understand, www.adweek.com
- Square Teams Up With Facebook to Offer Ads That Can Be Gauged, www.nytimes.com
- The Always-Updated Guide to Social Media Logos, blog.bufferapp.com
- The Biggest Facebook Publishers of February 2016, www.newswhip.com
- The only way Facebook enters China is as a tool of the government, qz.com
- Twitter Testing New Stickers Feature, recode.net
- Huffington Post finds feel good videos perform best on Facebook, digiday.com
- Pinterest’s Scroll-Activated Video Ads Are Paying Off for L’Oreal and Hershey’s, www.adweek.com