Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: New Snapchat Feature, Google’s AMP Gets Analytics & Microsoft’s Earnings Report
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How Three Key Elements In Predictive Analytics Drive Demand And Lead Generation
Jan 29, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Many marketing professionals have an uncertain grasp of what predictive analytics can do for performance, and what’s required to put the technology to work. This ebook from Leadspace demystifies predictive analytics technology and outlines how and why interlocking lead discovery, scoring and enrichment are crucial ingredients in the recipe for sales and marketing success.
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
Jan 29, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
See which brands will be airing ads on the most-watched sports night of the year, along with their campaigns, teaser ads and more.
- Ad Blocking Is A Kind Of Populist Revolt Against The Internet Establishment
Jan 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Publishers and marketers have taken users for granted when it comes to ads.
- PPC Geo-Bidding, Simplified
Jan 29, 2016 by Andrew Goodman
Are you overthinking your geo-targeted bidding strategy? Columnist Andrew Goodman thinks you might be — and he’s here to help simplify your life.
- 7 Traits That Will Make You A Great Digital Marketer
Jan 29, 2016 by Will Scott
Knowledge and expertise are important, but columnist Will Scott asserts that there are certain intangible qualities which online marketing rock stars all seem to share. Do these apply to you?
- When You Rank High Organically But Not Locally (Case Study)
Jan 29, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
You’ve done everything right in terms of local SEO — you’re even ranking high in organic results — but you just can’t seem to get a place in the map pack. What’s wrong? Columnist Joy Hawkins explores.
- Is A “High” Bounce Rate Always Bad? Plus: How To Improve Bounce Rates
Jan 29, 2016 by George Aspland
Concerned about your bounce rate? Columnist George Aspland explains when a high bounce rate is OK and outlines steps to help turn it around when it’s not.
- Need New Marketing Tech? Make Sure You Look Under The Hood
Jan 29, 2016 by Loretta Jones
How do you know if the technology you choose is the right fit for your company? Columnist Loretta Jones discusses what you should consider before making a decision on your marketing tools.
- Google’s AMP Project Gets Google Analytics Support
Jan 29, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Announced in October, Google’s soon to be be released AMP project aims to create a better mobile experience with faster page load times.
- Snapchat New Feature Allows Friends To Be Added With Personalized URL
Jan 29, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Snapchat now has a handy URL you can use to add friends to your network easily.
- Hundreds Of Local Movie Theaters Will Soon Become Beacon Hot Spots
Jan 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
Beacon network Mobiquity and theater advertiser Screenvision team up to bring mobile marketing to U.S. moviegoers.
- Amazon Reports Its Best Quarterly Profit Ever, But Q4 Earnings Fall Short Of Expectations
Jan 28, 2016 by Matt McGee
Fourth quarter sales up 22 percent, but earnings-per-share significantly less than expected.
- Microsoft’s $25.7 Billion In Quarterly Revenue & $0.78 EPS Beat, Shares Up
Jan 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Surface device, Office, Bing and Cloud Services were up; phone revs fell 49 percent.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- No-Hype SEO: A Realistic Formula For Making SEO Work For Your Business, Part 2
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot Band, Inside Out Post-It Art & Hangouts Pillow
- 3 Reasons B2B Marketers Must Embrace Mobile… Now
- Adobe: Paid Search Spend Growth Slowed In Q4, Mobile Continued To Eat Into Desktop
- New US Presidential “Candidate Cards” Are A Disaster For Google’s Search Quality
- iPhone Users, The AdWords App For iOS Has Arrived
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Marketers Are Measuring Customer Engagement, www.emarketer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Secrets to Niche Blogging Like a Pro, www.blogherald.com
- 7 Ways to Monetize Your Blog That Won’t Drive Away Traffic, www.blogherald.com
- Apple Acquires Education-Tech Startup LearnSprout, Bloomberg
- Apple building secret team to work on virtual reality, www.reuters.com
- Yahoo Downsizes In Latin America, Closes Mexico And Argentina Operations, techcrunch.com
- Yahoo Sports Launches The Vertical, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 3 Resources to Help Invigorate Your Standard Content Routine, www.copyblogger.com
- 7 Ways to Make Boring Web Content a Lead-Generating Weapon, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Strategy Versus Content Volume, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Influencer marketing needs to prioritize content over commerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Your Content Isn’t as Influential as You Think It Is, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How To Convince Your Leads To Convert In 8 Smart Steps, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Risky Personalization Tactics That Can Make or Break Your CX, www.usertesting.com
- The Five-Step Process for Writing Powerful Call-to-Actions, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Tracing Why A Domain Name Expires Can Be Interesting, dotweekly.com
- Which Department Finds the Most Value in UX Research? 7,725 Professionals Weigh In, www.usertesting.com
- CPG E-Commerce Sales Soared 42% Last Year, Fueled by Amazon, adage.com
- Holiday customers are more valuable than online retailers might think, www.internetretailer.com
- Key e-commerce trends from the 2015 holiday season, www.internetretailer.com
- The Holiday Season May Be Over, But Its Lessons Aren’t, multichannelmerchant.com
- What 2016 Presidential Candidates Can Learn about Site Performance from Online Retailers, apmblog.dynatrace.com
- 5 ways to use personalisation in your email marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Combine Email and Facebook Ad Campaigns for Greater Success, www.jonloomer.com
- Segmented messages are key to holiday email marketing success, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Launch a Successful Digital Marketing Campaign in 2016, www.adweek.com
- PepsiCo’s CMOs on Why 40% of Its Super Bowl Budget Is Going to Digital, www.adweek.com
- The 6 Traits That Differentiate the Best Digital Marketers from the Rest, simplymeasured.com
- The Components of a Good Marketing Strategy, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 323 marketing tech startups fetched over $11B from VCs in 2015, venturebeat.com
- 7 Must-Have Traits of a Kick-Ass MarTech Stack, www.martechadvisor.com
- Four Examples of Technologies Taking Mobile Marketing to the Next Level, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Content Management System Will Be The Next Yield Driver for Publishers, adexchanger.com
- Digital Advertisers Finally Catching Up On Mobile, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook to Shut Down Parse, Its Platform for Mobile Developers, bits.blogs.nytimes.com
- Mobile Raises the Stakes for Content Optimization and Personalization, smallbiztrends.com
- Super Bowl advertisers must advance their mobile game with streaming, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How does engagement on Facebook differ from Instagram?, blog.newswhip.com
- How much money did you make for Facebook last year?, qz.com
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile and Generate More Leads, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Debuts Political Campaign Show, www.wsj.com
- The End of Twitter, www.newyorker.com
- Twitter’s content head tells brands how to win the Super Bowl, digiday.com
- What Can Facebook Custom Audiences Do for Your Marketing Campaign?, smallbiztrends.com
- What is The Effect of Adding a “Retweet” CTA to Your Tweets?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 360 Video For Sports, media.fb.com
- 4 Marketing Lessons from YouTube Giants, blog.marketo.com
- Apple TV Launches Watchup Video-News App, variety.com
- Bringing Cinematic Virtual Reality Video Experiences to the Masses, www.emarketer.com
- Rediscovering Online Video: How YouTube Recommends Content, www.reelseo.com
- Snapchat Is Slowly but Surely Letting More Brands Run Long Video Ads, www.adweek.com