The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: New Twitter Mac Client, CMOs Choose Top Video Ads Of 2015 & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 30 Seconds Or Less: How To Engage The Distracted Consumer
Dec 30, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
30 seconds or less. This is the average length of time that consumers spend reading or listening to online marketing communications. Consumers watch TV, surf the Internet, and check new emails simultaneously, which means marketers are dealing with increasingly distracted consumers. This white paper from Oracle provides a statistical profile of today’s distracted consumer, followed […]
- Twitter (Finally) Updates Its Mac Desktop Client
Dec 30, 2015 by Matt McGee
Version 4 brings desktop app more closely in line with standard mobile app experience.
- 5 Essential Search Trends That Will Impact Online Revenue In 2016
Dec 30, 2015 by Jim Yu
What will search marketers need to focus on in the coming year to stay ahead of the curve? Columnist Jim Yu explores five trends to keep an eye on.
- No-Hype SEO: A Realistic Formula To Making SEO Work For Your Business, Part 1
Dec 30, 2015 by Daniel Faggella
Looking to simplify your SEO efforts? Columnist Daniel Faggella has a simple formula for putting together an SEO regimen that will achieve results.
- Engagement Galore: Marketing Land’s Most Social Stories Of 2015
Dec 30, 2015 by Lauren Donovan
What stories did our readers engage with the most across Facebook and Twitter in 2015? Find out here.
- From Likes To Tweets: Our Top Social Media Marketing Columns Of 2015
Dec 30, 2015 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
How do you keep up with the rapid-fire rise and fall of social media networks? Our expert contributors were on hand to deliver insights into that and more in 2015.
- How Marketing Can Use Big Data To Win Back Users
Dec 30, 2015 by Josh Todd
How do you win back lost customers? Columnist Josh Todd reveals some key strategies for using your data to engage with users and invest in the right customer.
- The Secret Formula For Irresistible LinkedIn Connection Requests
Dec 30, 2015 by Larry Kim
How do you get more people to connect with you and your brand on LinkedIn? Columnist Larry Kim has some tips for how marketers can quickly expand their LinkedIn networks.
- 7 Things I Learned About Marketing This Year
Dec 30, 2015 by Sanjay Dholakia
As 2015 comes to a close, columnist Sanjay Dholakia takes a look back at the key changes that shaped the marketing industry and how marketers can learn from them moving forward.
- MarTech Landscape: What Is An Ad Network?
Dec 30, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Ad networks have been around for nearly two decades. Find out how they work and what they offer publishers and advertisers.
- 10 CMOs Name Their Favorite Video Ad Campaigns Launched By Other Brands
Dec 30, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
This year, we asked 10 CMOs which video ads caught their attention. Here’s what they told us.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Getting Social With Search Engine Land: Our Most Engaging Stories Of 2015
- Organic Food For Thought: Our Top All Things SEO Columns For 2015
- 5 Trends In Local Search In 2015
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 20 Killer Blogging Tools for Customizing Your Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- Amazon is the best-performing retail stock of 2015, Internet Retailer
- Apple to Pay $347 Million Over Italian Tax Dispute, Wall Street Journal
- Gabriel Stricker Returns To Google To Lead Policy And Communications For Fiber, TechCrunch
- Google slams AVG for exposing Chrome user data with “security” plugin, Ars Technica
- Yahoo could be selling HQ expansion land, Business Insider
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for January 2016, Practical E-Commerce
- Content Strategy Musings for Forward-Thinking Marketers , Content Marketing Institute
- Amazon UK to expand grocery range as supermarkets look on warily, The Guardian
- Handling the late holiday rush proves tough for FedEx and UPS, Internet Retailer
- How online shoe retailer Shoes.com took the Canadian market by storm, business.financialpost.com
- Online Surge Means Many Not-So-Happy Returns for Retailers, Bloomberg
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Different Ways Publishers Are Tackling Programmatic, Ad Exchanger
- 3 Trending Advancements in Marketing Automation, Social Media Explorer
- The Year In Acquisitions Suggests An Ad Tech Reality Check, Ad Exchanger
- Google confirms next Android version won’t implement Oracle’s proprietary Java APIs, VentureBeat
- Sephora taps in-app messages to reward users in post-holiday slump, Mobile Commerce Daily
- What to expect in mobile payments in 2016, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Celebrating 2016 around the world, Twitter Blog
- Five Social Media Trends for 2016, Spin Sucks
- The Most Shared Stories On Twitter In 2015, blog.newswhip.com