Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: November 29, 2013
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- How To Survive The Holiday Shopper Afraid To Buy Too Soon
What do you do when the holiday sales plan doesn’t seem to be going to plan? Take a deep breath, assess everything and see if there’s another way to proceed. In a case study on our Search Engine Land site, read how Harry & David got past consumers fearful to buy, because they’d been trained […]
- Digital Agencies 2014: A Buyer’s Guide – Updated Second Edition Just Released
Selecting a digital agency is a critical business decision that can be difficult, regardless of how big or small your company may be. Finding the right ‘fit’ means evaluating the agency’s services, technology, and personnel. It also means identifying what type of agency you want to consider in the first place. Our sister site, Digital […]
- Identifying Customer Lifetime Value Trends In AdWords
While search marketers can easily track the number of conversions they’re getting through AdWords, it usually takes more time and effort to delve into the customer lifetime value (CLV) numbers, i.e., a prediction of the net profit attributed to the entire future relationship with a customer. In this post, I’ll touch on a basic way […]
- Last Minute Google Shopping: Best Practices In PLAs
Congratulations! You’re now fully entrenched in the holiday shopping season. Of course, we know the majority of marketing campaigns were locked down in August (right?), but this doesn’t mean you don’t have any wiggle room to make last minute adjustments, especially if you’re not yet seeing the results you anticipated. One area where you can […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Black Friday – A Cautionary Tale From An Online Retailer
- Search In Pics: Google Drinking Glass, Google Partners Cake & Animated Google Bus Ads
- Google’s Festivus Pole Goes Live In The Search Results
- The Searcher’s Guide To Black Friday, Cyber Monday & Holiday Shopping
- SMX West Registration Open – Lowest Rates Currently Available. Register Now!
- A Round Up Of Today’s Thanksgiving Themed Search Engine Homepages & Logos
- “NORAD Tracks Santa” Is Back With Bing For 2013 & Will Santa Tracking Match At Google?
- Thanksgiving 2013 Google Logo Wishes Everyone A Happy Holiday With Banjo Music & Dancing Animals
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Spam-Friendly Registrar ‘Dynamic Dolphin’ Shuttered, Krebs on Security
- Study on Whois Misuse, ICANN
- Midnight Madness: Cyber Monday Shoppers Buy Late into the Night, RKG Blog
- Three Critical Items To Get Right On Your Ecommerce Website, BPWrap
- Angry Birds Go Will Be Stuffed With In-App Purchases, Some As High As $100 – Gamers Cry Fowl, androidpolice.com
- Baidu says Android now has 270 million daily active users in China. Mobile Internet statistics galore, Unwired View
- Apple’s iOS brings developers 5x more revenue per download than Android, appleinsider.com
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Twitter Chats in Your Content Plan, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Swaggerjack the Power of Visual Memes – Whiteboard Friday, Moz