Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Oracle buys NetSuite, Facebook’s earnings report & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Oracle buys NetSuite for $9.3 billion
Jul 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
This latest acquisition enlarges Oracle’s family of cloud-based products with NetSuite’s business services, targeted at midsized companies.
- “Webinars for Dummies” helps you create winning webinars
Jul 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
“Webinars for Dummies” from ON24 offers you insights into the steps of putting together a webinar, from identifying your audience through critiquing how your webinar went. Learn how to plan an effective webinar, promote your event, create compelling webinar content and evaluate your success using hard statistics.
- SEO requirements for a new website platform
Jul 28, 2016 by Clay Cazier
Not just facing a site redesign but a full replatform? Columnist Clay Cazier presents the features most important to ensure your new site can support today’s SEO best practices.
- Yandex reports a 30% YoY increase in revenue at $280.7M for Q2 2016
Jul 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
“Our expertise in data analysis and AI is fueling advances in ad targeting and driving the adoption of personalized products,” says CEO.
- Mobile marketing platform Tune opens up a Multiverse
Jul 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
New free tool shows return-on-ad-spend along with attribution data.
- Perfect your agency pitch: tips from an in-house marketer
Jul 28, 2016 by Amy Bishop
Marketers, looking to land more clients? Columnist Amy Bishop has the inside scoop on what type of information your prospects really want.
- 10 mobile statistics marketers will love
Jul 28, 2016 by Aaron Strout
As mobile growth continues to surge, columnist Aaron Strout highlights the key stats to consider when planning your mobile marketing strategy.
- 4 tactics you can use today to become a better listener
Jul 28, 2016 by Matt Umbro
Are you really listening to your client? Columnist Matt Umbro discusses key ways to tune in to what your client is saying — and ultimately improve your relationship with them.
- How to go live: Brands & agencies share their top tips for live video broadcasts
Jul 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Marketers on the forefront of live video tell what they’ve learned about content creation, production details and managing comments.
- Why “ad load” questions overtook Facebook’s latest earnings call
Jul 27, 2016 by Tim Peterson
One of the main factors driving up Facebook’s ad revenue, ad load will become a less significant one by mid-2017, said Facebook CFO David Wehner.
- Tumblr is releasing ads across blogs & giving users a cut
Jul 27, 2016 by Greg Finn
Ads will be making their way across Tumblr blogs, and user will be getting a piece of the action (if they allow the ads to run).
- Facebook’s never had more users, made more money per user than in Q2 2016
Jul 27, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook grew the amount of money it makes per person using its service twice as fast as it grew the number of new people using its service.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How your old content can help with SEO
- Google reiterates suggested 33-character limit in ETA headlines to avoid truncation
- How to download all of your landing pages from Google Search Console via Analytics Edge — and I mean ALL of them!
- Google iOS app gets better listening skills for voice searches & newly added features
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Give Predictive Analytics a Boost with the Human Touch, www.cmswire.com
- Pandora Wants to Go Beyond Viewability and Test Audio-Based Ad Measurement, www.adweek.com
- The 3 Best Things About Social Data Visualization, simplymeasured.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Easy Steps For Creating A Traffic-Driving Expert Roundup, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Incredibly Powerful Ways to Improve Your Blog Writing, www.blogherald.com
- Blog post planning, yoast.com
- Getting Big Returns on Medium Posts, smallbiztrends.com
- How To Build A Blog, www.searchenginepeople.com
- What I Did on My Vacation – 99 Free Summer Blog Titles, heidicohen.com
- Apple celebrates one billion iPhones, www.apple.com
- Facebook’s Funds Worth $11.7 Million Get Frozen in Brazil, www.martechadvisor.com
- Google’s HR head Laszlo Bock is stepping down after 10 years, qz.com
- The Lesson of Yahoo: Don’t Lose Your Focus, www.wsj.com
- Case Study: How We Created Controversial Content That Earned Hundreds of Links, moz.com
- How Interactive Content is Changing the Digital PR Industry, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How to Get Your Fast Content Out of the Slow Lane, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 4 Common Mistakes That B2C E-Commerce Shops Make, www.searchenginejournal.com
- A Presidential Marketing Campaigns CRO Teardown, unbounce.com
- What Does a CRO Program Consist of?, vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 9 Ways For Marketers To Do Amazing Technical Things Without Knowing Code, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Pros and Cons of Using HTTPS for Small Businesses, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Breaking: .Web top level domain name auction ends for $135 million, domainnamewire.com
- I Don’t Get .Web Domain Names, www.domaininvesting.com
- Groupon stock jumps 25 percent on earnings news, www.chicagotribune.com
- Q&A: Why retailers should keep an eye on Amazon and the growing B2B market, www.retaildive.com
- Seven reasons for Alibaba’s success, www.internetretailer.com
- SMS, Apps or Email? Finding the Right Channel for Your Marketing Campaign, multichannelmerchant.com
- Survey: Shoppers want omnichannel, but unwilling to share personal data, www.retaildive.com
- The Amazon effect: Is there a new player in the fashion retail space?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why Many Internet Users Will Be Shopping via Amazon This Holiday Season, www.emarketer.com
- Answers to your most common email questions, myemma.com
- August 2016 Email Campaign Ideas, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Are You Optimizing Your Site When You Should Be Optimizing Your Traffic?, conversionxl.com
- Creating Power-Packed ABM Campaigns through Effective Account Listing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Do Consumers Like Emojis in Marketing Messages?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Google launches Docs and Sheets add-ons for Android; could come to iOS next, venturebeat.com
- How to Strike the Right Tone With Live Chat, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- MyScript Launches Interactive Ink for Software Developers and OEMs, myscript.com
- VisiStat, Inc. Announces Corporate Identity Change to KickFire, Inc., www.prweb.com
- 10 things I learned raising Â£1m VC for my martech startup, econsultancy.com
- Why Bots Are Becoming Brands’ Best Friend, www.marketingprofs.com
- Adapting to Apple’s App Store changes with user testing, www.usertesting.com
- Facebook is an unstoppable force on mobile, qz.com
- IDC: Smartphone shipments flat for second quarter in a row; Samsung widens lead over Apple in Q2 2016, VentureBeat
- In-app advertising: One user’s experience, econsultancy.com
- Mobile Messaging: How to Message Your Way to a More Meaningful Connection, www.marketingprofs.com
- No, Americans Do Not Install an Average of Zero Apps Per Month, www.tune.com
- What Does “Mobile-Friendly Content” Really Mean?, www.toprankblog.com
- Announcing Android add-ons for Docs and Sheets, googleforwork.blogspot.com
- Tech’s top 20 investors turned into emoji, techcrunch.com
- How to Win Over Skeptics and Worriers With These Often Overlooked Website Credibility Boosters, blog.crazyegg.com
- 4 Ways to Beat the Instagram Algorithm, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook tightens iron grip on birthdays with recap videos, techcrunch.com
- How Everlane is using an ‘exclusive’ Instagram account to strengthen customer loyalty, econsultancy.com
- Inside Pinterest’s effort to woo fashion brands, digiday.com
- The Evolution of Snapchat Interactions (and Where They’re Headed Next), www.adweek.com
- Tweetchat: Driving Customer Loyalty Through Emotion, www.silverpop.com
- Twitter’s stickers go live for all, TechCrunch
- Why Dollar Shave Club Is Unilever’s Instagram, contently.com
- Will Facebook be your next call center operator?, techcrunch.com
- 5 Tips to Master Facebook Video from a Top News Publisher, www.newswhip.com
- Four Quick Instagram Video Tips For Publishers, www.newswhip.com
- How To Boost Your Production Speed and Create More Videos, www.newswhip.com
- How to Captivate Your Audience with an Interactive Video Wall, www.cmswire.com
- Video Poised To Become Leading Digital Ad Unit As The US Shifts To 5G, adexchanger.com