Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: May’s top 10 video creators, AdWord changes & viral content
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- PebblePost’s updated platform makes direct mail more like digital ads
Jun 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
Instead of the previous limited triggering, marketers can now set unlimited behavioral and rule-based triggers to generate personalized color postcards.
- Top 10 video creators in May: BuzzFeed Tasty hits 5-month streak at No. 1
Jun 22, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
No other video creator has yet to take the top spot from BuzzFeed’s food-focused channel so far this year.
- Big changes to device bidding In AdWords: What could they mean for your accounts?
Jun 22, 2016 by Laura Collins
Columnist Laura Collins discusses the impact of individual device bid adjustments in AdWords, an upcoming change recently announced during Google Performance Summit in San Francisco.
- Five insights your paid search team should be stealing from organic
Jun 22, 2016 by Matt Lawson
Google Analytics recently added Search Console reports to help analyze incoming search traffic. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains how you can use this change to improve your paid search performance.
- Google launches AdSense Labs for publishers to test new features
Jun 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Inline ads and Show fewer ads are the first tests available in AdSense Labs.
- Take this link and shove it
Jun 22, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Think any free link is a good one? Columnist Julie Joyce explains why this mindset is no longer beneficial.
- The science of viral content: Why certain emotions ignite social engagement
Jun 22, 2016 by Kerry Jones
Columnist Kerry Jones digs into new research on the role of arousal and dominance in viral sharing.
- Why CPG brands (and their budgets) need to focus on e-retail search
Jun 22, 2016 by Benjamin Spiegel
As more consumers turn to sites like Amazon to start their product searches, columnist Benjamin Spiegel says it’s time for consumer packaged goods brands to hop on board and focus on these platforms.
- Instagram advertising: What’s working? Part 2
Jun 22, 2016 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber dives into the performance metrics for Instagram and discusses how advertisers can take advantage of this increasingly promising channel.
- Snapchat’s Everest Live Story showed climbing production quality of app’s TV-like format
Jun 22, 2016 by Tim Peterson
For its Live Stories, Snapchat is increasingly using pre-recorded footage that its curators can polish with illustrations and animated overlays.
- Report: Facebook signs major deals for its live streaming service
Jun 21, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is paying more than 100 brands over $50 million to produce live video.
- SMX East agenda is now live! Check out the SEO & SEM sessions in store for you.
Jun 21, 2016 by Marketing Land
Feed your obsession for SEO and SEM with cutting-edge search marketing tactics, available only at Search Engine Land’s SMX East.
- Google Analytics adds hacked spam webmaster notifications alerts
Jun 21, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Now you can get some of your Google Search Console alerts directly in Google Analytics.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Do you need a marketing automation platform?
- It’s here: Bing Ads Editor for Mac launches in beta
- Google confirms ads coming to Local Pack
- Back to basics: Why you need to stop stressing over backlinks
- The Election: More searchers, more opportunities
- Google brings rich results filter to Search Analytics report within Search Console
- DeepCrawl web crawler is now integrated with content intelligence platform Conductor
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Mastering Lean Metrics for Growth, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 ABC’s for Turning Words into Money with Your Blog, www.blogherald.com
- Facebook’s 2016 Annual Meeting: Peter Thiel Remains on Board, www.adweek.com
- A Close Look At The Numbers: Content Marketing in 2016, blog.crazyegg.com
- DIY: Duplicate content check, yoast.com
- Sales Enablement Technology Keeps Content Consistent Across Sales and Marketing Teams, www.emarketer.com
- Successful Content Marketing Without Writing Any Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- The New Marketer’s Guide to Perfecting Your Content Promotion Process, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Introducing the AMP Validator Web UI, amphtml.wordpress.com
- CMOs: Claim Ownership of the Customer Experience, www.cmswire.com
- Is It Time to Redesign Your Website?, smallbiztrends.com
- WordPress 4.5.3 Fixes 7 Security Issues, wptavern.com
- Clinton’s .biz and Trump’s .com. Who gets it right?, domainnamewire.com
- Getting Online with Google Domains Is Now Easier Than Ever with the New Partner Integrations, smallbusiness.googleblog.com
- One in seven new gTLD domain names are actually just numbers, domainincite.com
- Amazon will soon pass Best Buy to dominate sales of consumer electronics, qz.com
- How to Better Communicate with Multichannel Shoppers, www.emarketer.com
- Merchants gear up for Amazon Prime Day, www.internetretailer.com
- Paypal has partnered with Coinbase for a bitcoin deal, qz.com
- US releases drone rules, but e-commerce deliveries stay grounded for now, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Email Marketing Tips for B2B Newsletters, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Five ways Emerald Street is delivering irresistible email content, econsultancy.com
- How to Craft Outreach Emails That Convert, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Create an Email in Record Time, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Email Campaigns for Nonprofits, www.verticalresponse.com
- Your Guide to Visual Content in Email Marketing, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 40 Core Philosophies From the Most Famous Marketers in History, blog.bufferapp.com
- Big Media Needs to Embrace Digital Shift – Not Fight It, www.wsj.com
- How to Create a Modern Marketing Mix for a Media Brand, adage.com
- What Grade Do Marketers Give Their Personalization Efforts?, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Campaign Monitor Delivers New App Store & Certified Partner Program, www.businesswire.com
- Foundry 50 Startup Mavrck Announces DirectLink at Cannes Lions Festival, www.mavrck.co
- IBM iX ranked top of Econsultancy’s Top 100 Digital Agencies 2016 list for the first time, www.realwire.com
- Pitney Bowes Helps Drive Digital Transformation Through New Customer Communication Capabilities, www.businesswire.com
- Pyze Adds Loyalty and Attrition Management, pyze.com
- SDL Announces Global Team App on the Salesforce AppExchange, www.sdl.com
- Track Calls and Texts as Conversions in Unbounce, www.callrail.com
- Can We Automate Customer Journey Mapping?, www.cmswire.com
- Executives Increase Data Security to Safeguard Marketing Technology Insights, www.emarketer.com
- 3 Keys to Bringing a Global Campaign to a Local Market, www.adweek.com
- 5 critical app trends every developer should know, venturebeat.com
- Understanding Mobile User Behavior Is the Driver for Mobile Success, www.adweek.com
- Why Have Wearable Owners Stopped Using Their Device?, www.emarketer.com
- 10 Strategies to Grow Your Instagram Following, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Ways Visual Content Improves Social Media Results, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Social Media Content Formats Your Business Needs, heidicohen.com
- 5 Tips to Boosting Facebook Content, www.socialbakers.com
- 8 Social Media Platform Marketers Creating Great Content, www.toprankblog.com
- 9 Amazing Instagram Apps To Generate Buzz For Your Business, www.jeffbullas.com
- Brands On Instagram Post More To Combat The Algorithm (And Why That’s A Bad Move), locowise.com
- Facebook’s Dynamic Ads: a best practice guide, www.internetretailer.com
- First Lady Michelle Obama Joins Snapchat, www.adweek.com
- Get the Most out of Dynamic Ads, www.facebook.com
- How Instagram Thrived To 500 Million Users While Others Struggle To Grow, www.fastcompany.com
- How To Use LinkedIn To Boost Your B2B Connections And Grow Your Business, www.webpresence.tv
- How to Use the Psychology of Facebook to Create Better Facebook Ads, www.wordstream.com
- Pinterest acqui-hires team behind mobile commerce app Tote, shutting it down July 15, venturebeat.com
- Reddit’s native image hosting goes (almost) site-wide, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat is everywhere and nowhere at Cannes, digiday.com
- Social media image guide for brands: June 2016, econsultancy.com
- Social Media Use at Work (Study), www.adweek.com
- This New York-Based Agency’s Snapchat Savvy Comes From Personal Insights, www.adweek.com
- What exactly is so great about Snapchat, and how did it sneak up on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter?, qz.com
- What Motivates People to Share on Facebook?, www.adweek.com
- Creating Worlds, Not Scenes: Why 360 Video Is A Whole New Way Of Storytelling, www.fastcocreate.com
- Facebook brings emoji to VR with 360 Reactions, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Shelling Out $50 Million for Facebook Live Content (Report), www.adweek.com
- If video is the future of the internet, here’s what brands need to know, www.econsultancy.com
- ReelSEO – The Next Generation: Hello Tubular Insights!, www.reelseo.com
- The Secret Life of a Successful Video Influencer, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Tumblr Now Has Live Video: Why and What Your Brand Can Do About It, simplymeasured.com
- What’s behind Twitter’s ambitious new video products, digiday.com
- YouTube’s 15-minute outage attributed to routine engineering push, techcrunch.com