Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Pinterest ad updates, TD Bank CMO interview & a programmatic ad survey
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What different consumer groups really want from local business websites
Mar 8, 2016 by Myles Anderson
Columnist Myles Anderson takes a look at what consumers in different age groups are looking for when it comes to local business websites. Local SEO practitioners, take note!
- Is your team OBSESSED with social media marketing? Register for SocialPro and score deep discounts for your entire team.
Mar 8, 2016 by Marketing Land
Give your marketing team the tools and insights they need to accelerate paid, earned and owned social media marketing skills by sending them to Marketing Land’s SocialPro conference.
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Sheldon Monteiro
Mar 8, 2016 by Marketing Land
Driving Transformation at the Intersection of Marketing and Technology
- Search, social and content: Reaching digital marketing maturity
Mar 8, 2016 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu shares insights on how brands can successfully integrate search, social and content into their digital campaigns.
- The marketing genius of Louis C.K.
Mar 8, 2016 by Patrick Armitage
Columnist Patrick Armitage believes Louis C.K. is a great marketer not just because the comic violates every rule in email marketing, but because he knows exactly what his audience needs.
- Pinterest lets brands target ads to people in their customer databases
Mar 8, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest is expanding its ad-targeting options as it opens up to all small- and medium-sized business advertisers in the US.
- SMX West 2016 recap: A deep dive into beacons and how marketers can use them
Mar 8, 2016 by Christi Olson
How can you get the most out of beacons? Columnist Christi Olson was on hand at SMX West to bring you insights from industry veterans who spoke about the strengths and limitations of the technology.
- TD Bank’s CMO says, “There are no mulligans in marketing.”
Mar 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get To Know: TD Bank Executive Vice President and CMO Patrick McLean
- You don’t have to be a liar to be a great marketer
Mar 8, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
Some marketers are better at lying than others. But columnist David Rodnitzky believes truly successful marketers are honest about their intentions and provide value to potential customers.
- Report: Simple changes in call handling can drive $100 million more in phone sales
Mar 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Even just being friendlier in answering a call can drive materially more conversions, says Marchex analysis.
- Amplitude’s new Compass points to behaviors exhibited by returning users
Mar 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
The San Francisco-based web/app analytics firm says this new product is the first of its kind on the open market, matching various enterprises’ in-house tools.
- ANA/Forrester survey: Most marketers buy ads programmatically, in spite of worries about fraud and transparency
Mar 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
Seventy-nine percent made programmatic buys in the last year, more than twice the rate from a similar report two years ago.
- In 2 weeks, the marketing and technology worlds collide — Don’t miss it!
Mar 7, 2016 by Marketing Land
In just two weeks, the largest vendor-agnostic gathering of professionals at the intersection of marketing and technology will happen in San Francisco — MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google has confirmed they are removing Toolbar PageRank
- The great account structure debate at SMX West 2016
- SMX West: Content, your brand and the battle for customers
- Google Flights’ new search features let users filter searches by travel interests
- International Women’s Day Google logo celebrates females with #OneDayIWill video
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Publisher Tips: Considering your demographic, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Discussions on Digital: Measuring marketing’s impact, www.mckinsey.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Start Creating Facebook Instant Articles for Your Blog, blog.bufferapp.com
- Congress will hear from head of Google self-driving car project, www.reuters.com
- 10 Secrets to Creating Engaging Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- ContentMart: Counteracting Content Demand, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Content Curation, www.compukol.com
- How Social Media & Content Marketing Work Together, www.toprankblog.com
- Marketers Are Creating More Content Than They Can Handle, contently.com
- Six Reasons To Hire Journalists To Create Your Content, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 34-Point Checklist for Creating a Case Study, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Is Your Crappy Traffic Foiling Your CRO Efforts?, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Axe vs. Scalpel – Full Site Redesign or Continuous Optimization, www.goinflow.com
- Mouse Tracking Is The Only Valid Data Visualisation Tool For UX Designers, usabilitygeek.com
- Survey Design 101: Choosing Survey Response Scales, conversionxl.com
- Tools And Resources For A More Meaningful Web Typography, www.smashingmagazine.com
- What To Avoid In A Web Developer, www.searchenginepeople.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Mobile Banners Are On The Way Out On TheStreet, adexchanger.com
- Network Solution Is Stuffing .Design Domains Into Customers Accounts As “Brand Protection”, www.thedomains.com
- The Domain Name Association Names Roy Arbeit as Executive Director, www.thedna.org
- 3 Ways to Sell Products That Don’t Sell, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Big Opportunities Remain to Optimize Ecommerce Sites for Cross-Border Shoppers, multichannelmerchant.com
- Digital Brings Greater ROI for Retail Marketers, www.emarketer.com
- How to Build a Referral Program into Your Online Business, blog.kissmetrics.com
- On the Menu: Email and Mobile Marketing, www.verticalresponse.com
- Should you be using emojis in your subject lines?, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- A Digital Map: Make Sure It Attracts, Not Distracts, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Crush It With Your St. Patrick’s Day Marketing Strategy, ignitevisibility.com
- What’s Missing From Your Omnichannel Strategy?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why imperfect testing can be so valuable, www.internetretailer.com
- Booker Acquires Frederick, Expands Marketing Automation For Service Businesses, streetfightmag.com
- Marketing technologist to Isaac Asimov: eat your heart out, chiefmartec.com
- What are the key martech & digital transformation trends in India?, www.econsultancy.com
- Apple activates weekly App Analytics emails for devs, admits screen color management app onto iOS App Store, iphone.appleinsider.com
- How can small businesses get started with mobile marketing?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- New: Track App Usage with appFigures, blog.appfigures.com
- Subscription box services dominated by mobile-savvy shoppers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 10 Smart & Easy Facebook Marketing Ideas, www.wordstream.com
- 6 Collaboration Tools for Social Media Marketing Teams, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Quick way to Get More Facebook Likes for Your Facebook Page, www.problogger.net
- Believe It: Facebook Page Post Reach Continues to Surge, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Is Changing! Reactions, Live Streaming, Instant Articles & More, locowise.com
- Facebook is using AI to decide where to beam its free Internet, venturebeat.com
- How to Uncover Social Media Secrets for Your Clients, simplymeasured.com
- Is Twitter getting too noisy for high-profile users?, econsultancy.com
- Let Your Facebook Fans Discover Your Audience, www.ppchero.com
- Poised for growth: Reddit swears it’s not too scary for brands, digiday.com
- Should Your Small Business Create a Snapchat Geofilter?, www.adweek.com
- Social Media Best Practices Part 2: Rules to Live By, authoritylabs.com
- The 2016 Innovation Spotlight: Celebrating the Partners who Build on Facebook, www.facebook.com
- Why You Need to Humanize Your Social Media Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Building A Real-Time Retrospective Board With Video Chat, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Facebook will soon let you disable seeing all notifications for live videos, digiday.com
- Following YouTube Red, video subscription service Vessel goes ad-free for paying subscribers, techcrunch.com
- How Volvo Trucks Turned B2B Video Into a Viral Art Form, contently.com
- Three Facebook Video Metrics to Pay Attention to, www.newswhip.com
- Video ads: if you’re demanding attention you’re doing it wrong, econsultancy.com
- Why Do Brands Make Viral Videos?, www.reelseo.com