Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: ScribbleLive Buys Visually, Account Based Marketing & Facebook’s Earnings Report
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- ScribbleLive Buys Visually, Marrying Content Distribution With Content Creation
Jan 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
The combined company says it now offers a unique platform with capabilities that span planning, creation, distribution, and analytics.
- Five Ways Small Businesses Are Powering Growth With Marketing Automation
Jan 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
We know from experience that working with a small marketing team is great for communication, but the workload can be a bit overwhelming at times. Small business marketers are often juggling myriad tasks on a day-to-day basis, from email marketing to social media monitoring and more.
- Apartments.com Launches Its Super Bowl 50 Campaign With Lil Wayne & George Washington
Jan 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Along with rapper Lil Wayne, Apartments.com’s #MovinOnUp Super Bowl ads will feature actor Jeff Goldblum.
- AdSupply Battles Adblock/Adblock Plus With Its Patented Technology
Jan 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Culver City, California-based company claims the software is 75 to 100 percent effective at blocking the popular anti-ad software.
- Final Call: Early Bird Rates Expire Saturday. Register For SMX West.
Jan 28, 2016 by Marketing Land
Supercharge your search marketing campaigns by attending Search Engine Land’s SMX West. Join others obsessed with SEO & SEM March 1–3 in San Jose, CA. Early bird rates expire this Saturday, so register today! Don’t miss out on three days of: Performance-boosting SEO & SEM sessions.
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: How We Got Here (Part 1 of 8)
Jan 28, 2016 by Lori Weiman
The biggest question facing paid search advertisers is how to get meaningful growth numbers out of PPC. Columnist Lori Weiman believes the answer lies with brand bidding.
- The State Of Cross-Channel Paid Search, Part 1: SEM & Social
Jan 28, 2016 by Josh Dreller
In this first in a series on cross-channel marketing, columnist Josh Dreller discusses how paid search and paid social can work together to improve overall marketing efforts.
- Search Update Impact On SEO & Content Strategies: Staying Ahead With A Focus On Quality
Jan 28, 2016 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu explores how Google’s numerous algorithm updates over the years have shaped search engine optimization strategies. Can this information provide a clue for what to expect in the future?
- Facebook Now Seeing 100 Million Hours Of Video Watched Daily
Jan 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook’s CEO and COO both say video is crucial to the social media site’s overall growth.
- The ABM Maturity Model: 4 Keys To High-Performing Account-Based Marketing
Jan 28, 2016 by Peter Isaacson
Whether you’re just getting started with Account-Based Marketing or are well underway with your strategy, columnist Peter Isaacson outlines four areas you should focus on to find ABM success.
- Using Email To Drive Your Brand Value To Greater Heights
Jan 28, 2016 by Paul Ford
Columnist Paul Ford reveals key components for creating and reinforcing a strong brand with your email marketing programs.
- Mobile Ad Growth Of 81% Drove Facebook’s Huge Fourth Quarter
Jan 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Yesterday, Facebook announced a $5.8-billion quarter, the majority of which is ad revenue ($5.6 billion).
- Colgate Launches Official Super Bowl Ad & Extended Version Of Its #EveryDropCounts Spot
Jan 27, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The 30-second ad will be Colgate’s first appearance as a Super Bowl advertiser.
- Banner Q4 For Facebook: Revenue Tops $5.8 Billion, Ad Revenue Per User Jumps
Jan 27, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Ad revenue climbed 57 percent in Q4 2015 from a year ago. The average ad revenue per user in the US and Canada increased to $12.89, up from $9.86 in Q3.
- Gigya Report: Facebook Still Dominates Social Logins But May Be Fading A Bit
Jan 27, 2016 by Barry Levine
The social networking giant has been dropping slightly since mid-2015 — while Google has been gaining.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The 411 On Content Marketing
- Yahoo Redesigns Home Page & App To Deliver Consistent Experience With More Relevant News
- When You Rank High Organically But Not Locally (Case Study)
- 7 Traits That Will Make You A Great SEO
- Google Updates The General Guidelines Section Of Their Webmaster Guidelines
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- CJ Affiliate Holiday Season Highlights, blog.cj.com
- Analysis: What is the Best Source of Web Traffic?, www.blogtyrant.com
- Jargon Hype: How Word Usage Is A Barometer For Industry Buzz, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Excuses That Serious Bloggers Don’t Make, www.jeffbullas.com
- 36 of the Best Places to Guest Blog for Marketers (with Contact Info), ignitevisibility.com
- How to Come up with Fresh Ideas to Write About On Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- Why Taking the “Mean Girls” Approach at Blog Writing Fails, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Facebook hints at how it could become a big player in the ride-sharing business, qz.com
- Yahoo Restructuring Begins Slowly With Stealth Layoffs and “Invest/Maintain/Kill” List, recode.net
- Yahoo’s Email App Improves With Customizable Swipes, Attachments Search And More, techcrunch.com
- 3 Reasons You Need Brand Tracking, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Ways to Find the Right Eyes for Your Amazing Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Tips to Ensure Your Visual Content Is Seen tent Marketing Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Align All Your Messaging With This Simple (& Fun) Tool, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Five questions every content marketer needs to answer, econsultancy.com
- A Guide To Creating Buyer Personas That Will Improve Your Conversion Rates, blog.crazyegg.com
- What Do You Do With Inconclusive A/B Test Results?, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Designing Websites for Panda, RankBrain, Phantom, www.sempdx.org
- Have You Heard of the Flat Lay or Boho Design Trends?, smallbiztrends.com
- UX Industry Survey Report 2015: Bigger Budgets Empower Regular Research, www.usertesting.com
- Alibaba Beats Estimates as Ma’s Push Into Rural China Pays Off, www.bloomberg.com
- Amazon says Exclusives store sales top $50 million in first year, www.reuters.com
- Are Retailers Providing a Consistent Omnichannel Experience?, www.emarketer.com
- EBay’s disappointing forecast fuels stock decline, www.reuters.com
- Pressured by Amazon, more retailers rush for speedy deliveries, www.retaildive.com
- 3 Strategies for Maximizing Email Deliverability, blog.marketo.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Ways to Jumpstart your Marketing Strategy in 2016, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Endorsements, Reviews, and Astroturfing: New FTC Guidance for Marketers, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Creative Responsibilities Are Coming To Tech And Media Agencies, adexchanger.com
- What will impact Martech & Ad Tech trends in 2016?, econsultancy.com
- 3 Ways to Optimize Your Emails for Mobile, blog.movableink.com
- 37% of mobile users blocked ads in Q4, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Ways Mobile POS Apps Will Supercharge Your Small Business, smallbiztrends.com
- Apple’s supposed small, new iPhone is a smart idea – mostly because of its price, qz.com
- Mobile advertising’s watershed moment, www.internetretailer.com
- Report: Clean Master Was Android’s Most Used App in Q4 2015, www.adweek.com
- 10 Ideas That Could Save Twitter, www.adweek.com
- Athletes Vs. Teams On Social Media, blog.newswhip.com
- Facebook Professional Services: How Your Local Business Can Rank, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Great LinkedIn Strategies that Really Work, www.compukol.com
- Here’s Why Influencer Marketing Is As Powerful As TV Ads During Sports Events, www.adweek.com
- Preparing for the Brave New World of Twitter, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Social Media’s Role in Businesses, www.searchrank.com
- The Boston Globe is using Notes to publish directly to Facebook, digiday.com
- The real reason why Facebook is supplementing the “like” button with emojis, qz.com
- What The 25 Most-Followed Instagram Accounts Show Us About The Platform, techcrunch.com
- Digital Video Ad Spending Makes Solid Gains in China, www.emarketer.com
- Expanding Live Video to More People, newsroom.fb.com
- Inside Vimeo’s artsy approach to branded content, digiday.com
- Nike’s ‘Better for It’ Women’s Campaign Gets Brand’s First-Ever Scripted YouTube Series, www.adweek.com
- There Is No One-Size-Fits-All For Digital Video, adexchanger.com
- When Should You Promote Video Content with Paid Media?, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube wins German appeal over artists’ fees, www.reuters.com