Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Simply Measured’s new API, Twitter news & OTT programming
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Feed your search marketing obsession at SMX East
Jul 12, 2016 by Marketing Land
You can register for SMX East anytime and get the latest, greatest SEO and SEM tactics. But why wait? Register now and save $300!
- Simply Measured offers “first social measurement API” for marketers
Jul 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Aggregating feeds from multiple social networks, the API goes beyond the company’s current reports and provides standardized data for queries.
- 3 common mistakes made in do-it-yourself PPC
Jul 12, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Trying to manage your business’s paid search advertising on your own? Columnist Pauline Jakober outlines some common pitfalls to avoid.
- Twitter will tell brands more about people who see their tweets, visit their sites
Jul 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter is opening Gnip’s Audience API so that any brand can access demographic and interest data about anyone who sees its tweets or visits its site.
- 7 lessons to jump-start your digital marketing in Asia
Jul 12, 2016 by Eli Schwartz
Looking to expand your business to Asia and not sure what to expect? Contributor Eli Schwartz shares insights gleaned from living and working overseas.
- MarTech Landscape: What is OTT programming and why does it matter?
Jul 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Over-The-Top is a rapidly changing term, but it signifies a permanent change in how people consume content.
- Redefining success: 3 dangers of email conversion inflation
Jul 12, 2016 by Chad White
Don’t label everything and anything a conversion. Columnist Chad White says you need to focus on the right metrics to get a better understanding of your campaign performance over time.
- Google rolling out Showcase Shopping Ads – PLAs for broad product queries – and other Shopping updates
Jul 12, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Ahead of the holiday push, Google is debuting a new ad and landing page format for retailers to show users more products.
- As publishers see rising returns on video, Facebook is getting more of their ad campaigns
Jul 12, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A new survey shows publishers remain wary of relinquishing control of their video revenue to third parties. Most are not participating in Instant Articles, for example.
- 3 reasons your content isn’t getting shared — and how to fix them
Jul 12, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
You’ve put time and effort into your content, but it’s not getting the traction you’d hoped for. What can you do? Columnist Jayson DeMers helps identify the underlying issue and suggests solutions.
- Twitter’s live TV lineup grows with three Bloomberg weekday shows
Jul 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Bloomberg will air three of its weekday news shows live on Twitter, and the companies will share the resulting ad revenue.
- In-app purchases dwarf ad revenues, as iOS App Store exceeds $71 billion
Jul 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Only 5 percent of app users make in-app purchases, yet they drive much more publisher revenue than app-based advertising.
- Facebook’s testing another ad-free Pages design for desktop
Jul 11, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is testing a new look for its desktop Pages that drops right-hand ads and repositions the page’s cover photo, profile photo and navigation bar.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Mobile marketing AMPlification: Content, performance and measurement
- Earned engagement and fragmented audiences: kickstart your process in the enterprise
- Rotating ad copy: What traffic are you missing out on?
- Google offers new hotel search filters, deal labels and airline price tracking
- Google rolling out major change to PLAs for broad product queries, among other Shopping updates
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Tips to Use Affiliate Links on Pinterest, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Things to Consider when Migrating Data Analytics to the Cloud, www.martechadvisor.com
- Maximising the use of your data for digital marketing, www.branded3.com
- Measuring ROI Still the Top Struggle for Social Marketers, www.emarketer.com
- The Biggest Challenges of Measuring Content Marketing ROI, www.marketingprofs.com
- Biz Stone throws his weight behind the Polaroid Swing motion photo app, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Taps Office 365 While Developing Own Workplace Service, www.wsj.com
- Google Gets Extension to Respond to EU Over Android Antitrust Charges, www.wsj.com
- Google just scored a bunch of new property to make its crazy dream campus come true, www.recode.net
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Content’s Sharability, www.copypress.com
- 8 Companies That Get Content Marketing, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Are You Missing this Vital Ingredient In Your Content Strategy?, unbounce.com
- Does Your Content Answer Searchers’ Questions?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Missed 2016 Content Marketing Opportunities, heidicohen.com
- What a Content Marketer needs to know about Pokemon Go, www.cornwallseo.com
- What Makes Visual Content Go Viral?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Data-Driven CTAs for Each Stage of Your Sales Funnel, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Build a High-Converting Marketing Funnel, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Build Strong Customer Relationships to Boost Retention, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Write with Power and Authority, Even if You Feel Like a Nobody, www.copyblogger.com
- Buy it or lose it? Governments could get first dibs on two-letter domains, domainincite.com
- New Top Level Domain Industry First Half 2016 Analysis & Insights, www.thedomains.com
- Defining Your Ecommerce Pricing Strategy in a Post-List Price World, multichannelmerchant.com
- Demand for Amazon Prime Day deals leads to checkout issues for shoppers, techcrunch.com
- EBay adopts new Google tech to improve mobile shopping experience, www.retaildive.com
- Is Apple Pay the first real chance for e-retailers to take on Amazon?, www.internetretailer.com
- Prime Day part II: What we learned from the original holiday, intelligence.slice.com
- Study: 52% of Amazon customers are Prime members, www.retaildive.com
- The real reason Amazon is bringing back Amazon Prime Day, qz.com
- 6 content ideas for your welcome email, myemma.com
- Engage Your Employees, www.verticalresponse.com
- The Top 5 Contextual Emails of the Season, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Don’t get lost in the data: The easy way to drive personalization, thedma.org
- How to Create a Minimalist Marketing Report, raventools.com
- What is B2B account-based marketing & why should you care?, econsultancy.com
- What Marketers can do to Maximize Engagement at Rio Olympics 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 33Across Launches New Publisher Dashboard, www.businesswire.com
- Cuebiq Pens Strategic Partnerships With DSPs, Agencies, www.mediapost.com
- Metamarkets Adds Casey Steele as Vice President of Sales, www.prnewswire.com
- NetSeer Introduces In-Video Monetization Solution for Publishers to Drive Incremental Revenue & Enhance Audience Experience, www.marketwired.com
- Olark Launches Hummingbird Mobile-Friendly Live Chat Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- Tapad and Conversion Logic Provide a Better Understanding of Customer Journey, www.prnewswire.com
- Top Brands Adopt Act-On to Power Marketing & Communications, press.act-on.com
- 4 Tech Trends You Need To Get Prepared For, www.blogherald.com
- 5 Barriers of Marketing Automation and How to Overcome Them, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Talent, Data and Technology Foster Marketing Team Optimization, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 3 scenarios to consider for mobile app testing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 7 Platforms National Brands Can Use to Run Local Campaigns, streetfightmag.com
- Consumers Don’t Mind Hearing From Brands on Messaging Apps, www.adweek.com
- Integrate Mobile Payment & Marketing Strategy, blog.marketo.com
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Twitter Ad Performance, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Building a Cult Following with Social Media, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Business Twitter Dashboard: Digging Through the Details, www.aimclearblog.com
- Cracking Creativity on Instagram: Three Business Stories, blog.business.instagram.com
- How Facebook Gets Its Creep On and Knows What Ads To Show You, www.problogger.net
- How To Be Sure Your Social Media Person Is A Real Expert (43 Questions to Ask), ignitevisibility.com
- How to maximise the impact of sponsored social posts, econsultancy.com
- How to Start Advertising on Twitter for Only $50, smallbiztrends.com
- Snapchat’s ad sales strategy follows Facebook’s playbook, digiday.com
- Social Media Reference Guide For Summer 2016, www.searchrank.com
- Twitter expands GIF size limit to 15MB, but only for the web, venturebeat.com
- What Everyone Gets Wrong About Facebook Ads, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Why Retro Subjects Like Bob Ross Are Making a Comeback on Instagram, www.adweek.com
- Why You Can’t Succeed at Social Without Fun, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 10 Crucial YouTube Ranking Factors, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How Great Big Story Manage Their Native Video Strategy, www.newswhip.com
- How My Cupcake Addiction Works with Brands, www.reelseo.com
- This tool lets you geo-fence your Facebook Live video broadcasts, venturebeat.com