Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Snapchat Local Stories, Google Play Store & Adobe live video
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Local SEO in 2017 and beyond: managed strategy vs. automation
Sep 7, 2016 by Andrew Beckman
There are many great software options for automating local search tasks, but columnist Andrew Beckman argues that a human-managed approach may still be necessary to see results.
- Snapchat’s Local Stories shift could help it fend off Instagram’s Live Stories clone
Sep 7, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat has decided to stop producing daily Local Stories for cities like Los Angeles and New York City to focus on more event-specific Stories.
- Is Google filtering your business in the local search results?
Sep 7, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Seeing a shift in Google’s local results? It’s not just you. Columnist Joy Hawkins documents what appears to be a recent refresh to Google’s local ranking filter.
- Google is adding a second ad slot in Play Store search results
Sep 7, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Two updates were introduced for search ads in Google Play store.
- Adobe adds live video ad insertion and tighter video stream measurement
Sep 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
The announcements are the latest in the company’s ongoing effort to tie online video/TV more closely to online marketing tools and techniques.
- MarTech Europe is just 2 months away, don’t miss out!
Sep 7, 2016 by Scott Brinker
We’re now less than two months away from MarTech Europe, which will take place in London on 1-2 November, and my anticipation is building. The high-velocity exchange of ideas and experiences at MarTech always teaches me so much about the rapidly evolving practice of marketing technology in B2B and B2C organizations.
- From insight to action: 3 common pitfalls and strategies for more actionable data
Sep 7, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
How do you turn customer insights into actionable data? Columnist Jordan Elkind offers techniques for aggregating your customer data and better using it for your marketing strategy.
- How most startups do events wrong…and 6 ways to do them right
Sep 7, 2016 by Megan Hannay
Looking to get the most out of an event? Whether you’re sponsoring or attending solo, columnist Megan Hannay discusses six tips to consider when choosing what to attend.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Harvard Business Review report: Using analytics to create customer value
- Should you still be using an SEO enterprise platform?
- SEO Six Sigma: 5 ways to scale your enterprise operation
- Google adds ‘Reviews from the web’ to critic reviews in local search results
- Start of the 2016 Paralympics gets a Google doodle
- How many days has it been since the last Google Penguin Update?
- Google Search Console improves Security Issues reports
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Do You Have the Skills it Takes to Be a Data Scientist?, www.cmswire.com
- The 3 layers of the mobile analytics stack, www.tune.com
- The New Social Metrics You Need to Know, simplymeasured.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Link Building Methods Every Blogger Should Be Using, www.blogherald.com
- 6 Core Steps for Starting a Revolutionary New Blog, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- How to Turn Your Business Blog Readers Into Paying Customers, www.problogger.net
- Apple is donating iPads to 50,000 students and 4,500 teachers, venturebeat.com
- Pinterest hires Google’s former head of image search to lead engineering, venturebeat.com
- 3 Remarkable Ways to Scale Your Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- Content Marketing Audit 101: Spotting Gaps & Identifying Opportunities, www.aimclearblog.com
- How to Grab C-Suite Attention With Relevant Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- What “Better” Content Creation Actually Means, www.verticalmeasures.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 23 mobile UX mistakes that Google doesn’t like, econsultancy.com
- 3 Things UX Designers Can Learn From Industrial Design, www.fastcodesign.com
- Breaking Out Of The Box: Design Inspiration (September 2016), www.smashingmagazine.com
- How to Create a Consistent Customer Experience, blogs.constantcontact.com
- WordPress 4.6.1 Security and Maintenance Release, wordpress.org
- 4 Ecommerce Optimization Case Studies With Results That May Surprise You, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Amazon launches restaurant delivery for Prime members in London, techcrunch.com
- Gearing up for the holidays: how big brands plan to reach shoppers this year, adwords.googleblog.com
- What Apple’s new iPhone means for e-retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Holiday-Themed Retail Email Benchmarks From 2015, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Use Customer Testimonials in Your Email Marketing, movableink.com
- The One Little Known (but Scientifically Proven) Email Marketing Change You Can Make to Turbo-Charge Open and Click-Through Rates, blog.kissmetrics.com
- What is DMARC and How Will it Affect Your Email Marketing?, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- Cialdini’s 7th Persuasion Principle: Using Unity in Online Marketing, conversionxl.com
- Kickstart Your Personalization Program With This 4-Step Guide, vwo.com
- The Flip Side of Targeted Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Philosophy Behind Influence Marketing (and Why It Matters), www.convinceandconvert.com
- Want to Build a Strong Brand? Get Messaging Right. Here’s How., www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Experiential Is the Heart of Branding, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Evolution of Podcast Metrics, iabtechlab.com
- Infer Infuses Microsoft Power BI with Predictive Intelligence to Deliver Next-Generation Sales Analytics, www.infer.com
- MPP Global Appoints Jon Strudwick to Lead Finance Team as CFO, www.mppglobal.com
- NNearly Two-Thirds of Podcast Listeners Are More Inclined to Consider Purchasing Products & Services They Learn about During Podcasts, www.businesswire.com
- TubeMogul Partners with Factual, www.factual.com
- Is Technology Building a Barrier Between Sales and Marketing Teams?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Technology Meets the Real World – NFL Goes Digital, www.martechadvisor.com
- What Tech Tools Do Marketers Use for Personalization?, www.emarketer.com
- 5 performance marketing techniques that mobile marketers overlook, www.tune.com
- Instagram App Hits 1 Billion Downloads, Following Facebook, Whatsapp and Messenger, smallbiztrends.com
- Mobile Platforms for B2B Users Must Simplify Complex Workflows, www.emarketer.com
- Turn to Real-Time, Personalized Mobile Offers to Win Customers, www.cmswire.com
- Amazon Just Blew the Lid Off the iPhone 7, gizmodo.com
- How to Reinvent Your Brand, adage.com
- How to Supercharge Your Online Authority an Hour at a Time, www.copyblogger.com
- Facebook has a massive gender divide in India, qz.com
- Facebook Recommends Psychiatrist’s Friends Connect, Completely Violates All Privacy Policies, www.blogherald.com
- Facebook’s path into the messaging future, techcrunch.com
- How to Optimize Your Instagram Posting Schedule, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- LinkedIn’s search algorithm apparently favored men until this week, qz.com
- Neil Patel’s Advanced Secrets for Twitter Lead Generation, blog.crazyegg.com
- Twitter Kicks Off NFL Teams’ Hashtag-Triggered Emojis, www.adweek.com
- Why Have B2B Brands Fallen Behind on Social Media?, www.adweek.com
- With Facebook’s power growing, publishers scramble to connect directly with audiences, digiday.com
- 5 Huge Insights: Get the Most Out of Twitter’s Video Monetization Feature, tubularinsights.com
- A Tools Guide to Live streaming on Facebook, www.razorsocial.com
- Celebrities Launch On YouTube With Multi Channel Networks, mediakix.com
- How This Agency Built a Viral YouTube Channel From Rejected Ideas, contently.com
- Influencers weigh in on YouTube’s ‘censorship’ controversy, digiday.com
- Three Things Marketers Need to Know About the Future of Digital Video, www.martechadvisor.com