Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Snapchat testing new ads, Twitter’s universal tag & GE’s live video
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snapchat is testing ads that contain advertorials like listicles
Mar 30, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat has started testing ads that let marketers like AT&T attach branded articles containing text, images and GIFs to their 10-second video ads.
- Salesforce survey: Customer satisfaction is more important to marketers than revenue or customer acquisition
Mar 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
Newest “State of Marketing” report describes what approaches characterize high-performing marketing teams
- The real impact of Google’s new paid search ad layout on organic search
Mar 30, 2016 by Winston Burton
We’ve heard a lot about how Google’s changes to its paid ad display might impact advertisers, but what about those focused on organic search? Columnist Winston Burton discusses the impact on SEOs.
- Manual link building’s 7 worst outreach offenses
Mar 30, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Are you making mistakes with your link-building outreach? Columnist Julie Joyce lists what she considers to be the 7 worst outreach violations.
- Twitter simplifies conversion tracking & audience segmentation with universal tag
Mar 30, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The single tag enables tracking for multiple conversion events and setup for as many as 200 tailored audiences.
- What Amazon understands about offline retail
Mar 30, 2016 by Florent Peyre
What can retailers, online and offline learn from Amazon’s venture into the brick-and-mortar space? Columnist Florent Peyre explores.
- 3 ways to use the “familiarity bias” for maximum B2B engagement
Mar 30, 2016 by Matthew Barby
How can you get in front of prospects so you’ll be top of mind when they’re making their purchase decisions? Columnist Matthew Barby has tips.
- Conversation as the new UI: Microsoft makes its chatbot pitch at Build 2016
Mar 30, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Cortana Intelligence Suite & Microsoft Bot Framework introduced to help developers understand conversations & take actions where they happen.
- Image-driven mobile ads for automakers now available on Google in the US
Mar 30, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The specialized ads are now out of beta, along with ad listings for nearby dealerships.
- The comprehensive guide to video advertising in 2016
Mar 30, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Columnist Thomas Stern discusses best practices for video advertising across a wide variety of platforms and channels, including mobile, display and social.
- How GE uses live video to tell stories & humanize the industrial side of the brand
Mar 30, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Five questions with GE’s social media lead Sydney Williams
- Fullscreen’s subscription video service will be ad-free but not brand-free
Mar 30, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Fullscreen’s subscription-based video platform won’t carry ads when it debuts on April 26 but is open to hosting programs that involve brands like AT&T.
- OTT television joins the world of user profiles in Tru Optik/Experian partnership
Mar 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
Tru Optik’s tracking of OTT viewing meets Experian’s massive user profiles, providing validation to multi-screen advertisers about who their audiences really are.
- 3 keys to architecting customer experiences that go beyond the desktop
Mar 30, 2016 by Brian Solis
Is your business thinking like a mobile consumer? Columnist Brian Solis details the questions brands should be asking themselves in our mobile world.
- We’re reaching the tipping point in mobile commerce
Mar 30, 2016 by Jason Warnock
Think people don’t convert when they receive email on a mobile phone? Think again, advises columnist Jason Warnock, and he’s got the stats to back up his contention.
- Learn how to optimize your martech stack with “The Enterprise Guide to Marketing Technology”
Mar 29, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today’s marketers contribute more than ever to sales and the bottom line. With so many new marketing technologies emerging every day, how do you know which are essential to your role? And how do you ensure the data you collect has the greatest impact?
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google launches its giant mobile search ads for automakers in the US
- International PPC: How to deal with currency fluctuations
- A century of celebrating Mom: smart ad strategies for the mother of all holidays
- Google adds share feature to Knowledge Graph panel
- Google AMP results carousel live in 12 countries
- How to achieve top app store search rankings
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing: Learning from F.T.C.’s Paid Placement Disclosures, www.practicalecommerce.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Simple Steps to Create a Content Calendar, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Everything Bloggers Need to Consider for Their April Content Calendar, www.problogger.net
- Survey: Non-celebrity bloggers better influencers than celebrities, www.retaildive.com
- AOL’s Tim Armstrong Aims to Build Digital-Ad Empire at Verizon, www.wsj.com
- Apple, Google routinely asked to help government access devices: ACLU, www.reuters.com
- Facebook, Apple, Google, other tech CEOs demand North Carolina repeal anti-LGBT law, techcrunch.com
- 29 Essential Content Marketing Metrics, unbounce.com
- How Hospitals Are Approaching Content Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 9 Tips For Building Marketing-Friendly Websites, www.aimclearblog.com
- How Personalized Web Experience Saved a Newspaper, www.cmswire.com
- How typography will help your responsive website stand out, econsultancy.com
- What’s important when analysing your website speed?, www.branded3.com
- Email for your domain names: Google and Rackspace, domainnamewire.com
- Google Registrar Dumps .com For Dot-brand, domainincite.com
- Amazon says home services orders grew 20 percent per month since launch, www.reuters.com
- Can You Do Ecommerce Without an Open Web?, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Simplifying Your Ecommerce Checkout for Cross-Border Customers, multichannelmerchant.com
- The Tale Of 2 Landing Pages: An Ecomm Fable, www.ppchero.com
- 15 Goals, Tips, Examples, and Lessons for E-Newsletter Perfection, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 4 ways to convey urgency in your next email, myemma.com
- 9 Surprisingly Simple Ways To Get People To Respond To Your Email, www.fastcompany.com
- Why Permission-based Email Marketing Matters, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- Marketing: Hire a freelancer, an agency, or do it yourself?, raventools.com
- Three New Roles That Every Marketer Must Play, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Former Pegasystems and Dealer.com CFO Joins Continuum’s Board of Directors, media.continuum.net
- HookLogic Expands Native Mobile Reach for Ecommerce, www.prnewswire.com
- Invoca Raises $30 Million to Bring Phone Calls into the Marketing Cloud, www.invoca.com
- Madison Logic Selected by AlwaysOn as an OnMedia Top 100 Winner, www.marketwired.com
- PowerInbox Secures $6.5M A Round to Expand Dynamic, Live-on-Open Email Personalization & Monetization Products, www.prnewswire.com
- A day in the life of… Managing Director of an ad tech firm, econsultancy.com
- Marketing Tech Incubated At UPenn Makes The Jump To Startup, adexchanger.com
- 3 lessons mobile advertising can learn from display’s mistakes, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 65% of UK’s Shoppers are Mobile, multichannelmerchant.com
- China: The Mobile 2.0 X-Factor, flurrymobile.tumblr.com
- Facebook gives in to BlackBerry’s begging, creates web-based app after killing native app, venturebeat.com
- Native Advertising for Mobile Marketers: 4 Tips for Success, www.tune.com
- Why mobile is still not fully integrated in marketers’ approach: Forrester, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 6 Reactions Brands May Have to Facebook’s Reactions, www.adweek.com
- 9 Ways to Grow Your Startup With Social Media, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook Adding Detailed Filters to Mobile Search?, www.adweek.com
- How to Maximize Your Content Exposure on LinkedIn, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Increase Potential Customers with Facebook Lead Ads, ignitevisibility.com
- Our Favorite Facebook Tool + 16 Amazing Pages That We Draw Inspiration From Every Day, blog.bufferapp.com
- Pinterest Promotes Tim Kendall to President, www.wsj.com
- The Behavioral, Emotional, and Technological Barriers to Social ROI, simplymeasured.com
- This Global Agency Is Now Adding 3,500 Staffers to Facebook at Work, www.adweek.com
- What Marketers Should Know About Snapchat’s Update, adage.com
- Why Corporate Social Responsibility Is the CMO’s Best Accessory, adage.com
- 16 of the Best YouTube April Fool’s Day Pranks (So Far), www.reelseo.com
- 6 Ways to Use Video to Increase Conversion Rates, www.wordstream.com
- A Look Into the Future: How Will VR & Marketing Intersect?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s Live Video Effort Entices Media Companies, New York Times
- Instagram’s new 60-second video limit: Five things brands need to know, econsultancy.com
- Virtual Reality For Marketers: Think Experience, Not Interruption, adexchanger.com