The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Top 10 Video Creators, End Of Google Compare & Snapchat Geofilters
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Launches Autotrack To Help Sites Get More Out Of Universal Analytics
Feb 23, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A library of plugins is designed to give sites common tracking features automatically.
- How Are You Managing Social Media Risk?
Feb 23, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today, the average enterprise manages more than 300 social media accounts and more than a half-million social media posts by users on branded pages – but not all of this activity is positive.
- Top 10 Video Creators In January: BuzzFeed Tasty Sets New Record With 3B Video Views
Feb 23, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Tubular Labs says video creators saw a 12-percent increase in views last month, with 42 billion combined video views across major social networks.
- Instagram Is the Star of Facebook’s Renewed Interview Show
Feb 23, 2016 by Tim Peterson
After adding new ad formats like video and carousels and opening up Instagram to all brands, Facebook wants to school marketers on the photo-sharing service.
- Pinterest Launches Updates To Rich Pins With Recipes And Movie Data
Feb 23, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Pinterest has launched rich data within movie and recipe pins to improve the user experience.
- Needle Adds New Features To Its Customer Advocate Service For Shopping Sites
Feb 23, 2016 by Barry Levine
Salt Lake City-based company expands beyond live chat with advocates to customer-created answers, demos and other new capabilities.
- The State Of Cross-Channel Paid Search, Part 2: SEM & TV
Feb 23, 2016 by Josh Dreller
In the second installment in a series on cross-channel marketing and search, columnist Josh Dreller explores the relationship between TV and SEM, discussing how these can be used in conjunction with one another to improve ROI.
- Show Me The Money: Following The PPC Keywords That Make Dollars & Sense
Feb 23, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Structuring campaigns based on personas is can effective, but what happens when keyword overlap dilutes your messaging? Columnist Pauline Jakober shares a case study showing how thoughtful reorganization based on money-making keywords can have a huge impact on revenue.
- 5 Predictions For Email Marketing In 2020
Feb 23, 2016 by Chad White
From hyper-personalization to voice interfaces, columnist Chad White takes a look at what email marketers should expect in four years.
- Things Affiliate & Ad-Dependent Publishers Must Consider In The Age Of Mobile
Feb 23, 2016 by Rae Hoffman
Columnist Rae Hoffman discusses how ad-supported publishers need to adapt to the massive growth in mobile media consumption.
- Marketing Land’s Facebook & Instagram Marketing Quiz
Feb 23, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Think you’re an expert when it comes to Facebook and Instagram marketing? Here’s your chance to prove it!
- Mobile Devices Now Driving 56 Percent Of Traffic To Top Sites — Report
Feb 23, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Time on site and pages viewed remain higher on the desktop, however.
- Foursquare Introduces “Attribution” To Measure Offline Results
Feb 23, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company’s entry into location analytics segment adds further momentum to the attribution revolution.
- Google Compare Will Sunset In March
Feb 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The lead generation product aimed at helping searchers find and compare financial services products like mortgage rates and auto insurance quotes never gained enough traction.
- Google Faces More EU Woes, Attorneys General Ask FTC To Revive Case In US
Feb 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The European Commission, according to Bloomberg, is taking a renewed look at Google’s advertising practices.
- Up Close: How The New Snapchat “On-Demand Geofilters” Work
Feb 22, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
For as little as $5 per day, Snapchat lets anyone create custom stamps to add when sharing from particular locations. Will competitors target each other?
- SMX West Is Almost Here! Limited Tickets Left.
Feb 22, 2016 by Marketing Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX West begins next Tuesday in San Jose. Register now to reserve your spot or risk missing out on incredible SEO and paid tactics and networking.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Content Mapping, Search Optimization And The Buyer’s Journey
- What Google’s New Layout Means For Search Marketers
- Save Our Search: 3 Reasons Not To Overreact About Losing Google Ads In The Right Rail
- Bing’s CelebsLike.me Finds Your Oscar Doppelganger
- How Google Is Inventing A “Near Me” Future
- Google Looking Into Review Stars Dropping Out Of The Search Results
- Live: Google Launches AMP Listings In Mobile Search Results, For Some
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- How to handle comments on your blog, yoast.com
- Facebook’s Zuckerberg both woos and lashes out at phone industry, www.reuters.com
- Time Inc. Said Interested in Joining Fray of Yahoo Suitors, adage.com
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for March 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 7 Ways to Create Helpful Content for Boring Industries, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Content and Social Tactics That Generate Leads for B2B Marketers, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to get your Readers to become more Engaged, Loyal and to Share your Content, www.problogger.net
- How to Use Customer Service to Make Great Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Answer To: What is Content Marketing?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- The Content Creation Formula for Successful Online Marketing, www.problogger.net
- Virtual Reality Content Users Are Most Interested in Experiencing, www.emarketer.com
- Why Haters Are the Petri Dish of Great Content Marketing, www.copyblogger.com
- Are You Guilty of These 6 Split Testing Mistakes?, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Do You Really Need a New Website?, smallbiztrends.com
- Is Egocentric Copy Alienating Your Prospects?, unbounce.com
- 3 Best Ways to Seamlessly Infuse Content Into Ecommerce, multichannelmerchant.com
- 8 Ways to Increase E-commerce Sales Without Increasing Your Marketing Budget, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon has quietly launched its own clothing lines, as it tries to take over fashion retail, qz.com
- Ecommerce in Japan: Marketplaces Dominate, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Five Steps to Build E-Commerce Sales: How to Link Engagement to Revenue, www.marketingprofs.com
- Nielsen Enters E-Commerce Measurement With Retailer Data, adage.com
- 20 Writing Prompts for Quick and Creative Non-promotional Emails, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Building a Nurturing Email Campaign, www.compukol.com
- The Academy Awards of Email: 6 Oscar-worthy campaigns, myemma.com
- What to Say in Any Email (A Simple 3-Step Persuasive Formula), blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- 15 St. Patrick’s Day Marketing Ideas, smallbiztrends.com
- Can Data-Driven Marketing Survive Growing Privacy Concerns?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Four Ways Marketers and Creatives Can Collaborate Better, www.marketingprofs.com
- Integrated Marketing, Hot Curry & Other Delicious Operational Insights, www.aimclearblog.com
- The three biggest challenges in influencer marketing, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- App Monetization Platform Appnext Announces 345% Annual Year-Over-Year Revenue Growth in 2015, www.prnewswire.co.uk
- Kahuna Mobile Marketing Index: Smart Messaging Doubles App Retention, www.businesswire.com
- SummitSync Introduces the First Mobile App That Disrupts the Event Networking Boondoggle, Makes Finding the Right People at Events Easy and Fun, www.marketwired.com
- 4 Trends Shaping the Mobile Shopping Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- Do’s and don’ts of native advertising on mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Aware Are Consumers About Their Favorite Fashion Retail Apps?, www.emarketer.com
- How Poshmark is driving 90% of sales from its mobile app, www.retaildive.com
- How to Increase Your Mobile App Installs With A/B Testing, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Mobile Innovation Is Far From Over: Seven Trends, adage.com
- Need help updating your Yelp Business Page? You’re in Luck!, biz.yelp.com
- Slashing the Local Web Into Tiny Nearby Slices, streetfightmag.com
- Twitter Gives Developers A Way To Track Their Fabric Apps On Mobile Devices, techcrunch.com
- Why BuzzFeed Is All-In on Mobile, Though That Wasn’t Always the Case, www.adweek.com
- 10 Excellent Twitter Management Tools For Improved Engagement, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Facebook Is Using AI To Build The World’s Most Detailed Population Map, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Tries (Again) to Take On Google and Twitter With Search, www.bloomberg.com
- Getting to Know the Ghost: The Complete Guide to Snapchat, blog.bufferapp.com
- How Snapchat plans to include commerce ads, digiday.com
- How to Get Started on the Most Popular Social Media Networks, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Reach Your Profit Potential on Twitter, simplymeasured.com
- January 2016’s Biggest Facebook Publishers, blog.newswhip.com
- Now You Can Invite Non-Facebook Users to Facebook Events via Email, www.adweek.com
- Pin Scheduling Case Study: “My Crazy Good Life”, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Pub in Pub Season 2, Episode 1: Brock Davis on Brands Letting their Hair Down, www.facebook.com
- Snapchat Launches Birthday Party, A Duet Of Birthdate-Exclusive Lenses, techcrunch.com
- The Best Advice to Follow for Social Media Content Success, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why Social Media Customer Service Is the New Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- BuzzFeed Creates Its First All-Video App, techcrunch.com
- How to Use Video to Elicit Human Connection, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Pixability Wants To Help Brands Beat The Walled Garden Woes In Video, adexchanger.com
- The Oculus Rift isn’t out yet, but it’s already getting a run for its money from the HTC Vive, qz.com
- Why YouTube networks are no longer hot, digiday.com